Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Three seconds slower, I think the 991 wins against the GTR ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 07:30 PM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never said the bumper! How much is the oil change on the 991 and how much labor? My 2011 GTR was 86 bucks at the dealer. Again, I love both cars. I am waiting for the 991 Turbo, so flame as you may but what I said is 100% correct. Both are great cars, but stop bringing up the Nissan if you don't want to hear about or be compared to it. I have several friends that could easily afford any Porsche made and they choose the GTR and are happy with their choice. I just like a change, and am looking for something more refined(and obviously more expensive). Cheers
Old 03-30-2012, 07:45 PM
C DeVito
Racer

Ok...don't have to tear the REAR of the car off to change the oil. Sheesh. Like the GTR, buy one enjoy. They are butt ugly and you couldn't give me one.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:48 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 991 3Turbo
I had a GTR and they are built very well. Far easier than the 991 to work on hands down. Dont have to tear the rear of the car off to change the oil. Ceramic brakes aren't an option on the Nissan. There is no mention of brake fade nor overheating to any extent that people overhype here on the forum and elsewhere. There is no way in hell the 991 is cheaper to work on and repair, so keep smoking whatever it is you are toking on. Seriously.

....Just be fair. I am glad the 991 performed well but lets not "run with it".. The Porsche tax will always be more than the Nissan tax. The same 4500 dollar muffler system is 9000 for a Porsche. Need more examples?
While I don't think I would ever buy a GT-R (I think they're drop dead ugly and I hated, hated, hated the transmission in the one I drove a few years back) I do readily admit that they are AMAZING performance bargains. And while I do agree, to some extent, that the Nissan bashing is a bit unfair... I think some of your suggestions are unfair as well.

Edmunds/InsideLine (http://www.insideline.com/nissan/gt-...ssan-gt-r.html) loved their GT-R. But let's be honest... nearly 4 large in routine, scheduled maintenance is anything but cheap and far more than what I paid for maintenance on my admittedly egregsiously expensive Porsche. And that figure correctly EXCLUDES all the "additional maintenance" of more than $4,000 that they incurred.

If you're looking for pure bang for the buck and have to buy new then the GT-R makes a very compelling choice. I'd still buy the P car but I get why many others wouldn't.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:01 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Dont have to tear the rear of the car off to change the oil.
You didn't say that?

you are right, you did not use the word "bumper", you just implied it.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:15 PM
991 3Turbo
Racer

DrJay----you need to take remedial reading. I said rear, you guys said bumper specifically. You argue semantics to prove a weak point----which you dont.

Would you like to inform us all here how EASY the 991 oil and filter is to change, and how cheap it is to do at home? Not even comparable to old 911 maintenance, which is why old ones are so popular. You are trying to pick a fight, lets just stick with the facts. Please enlighten, but obviously you cannot approach being unbias. Its also really sweet(pathetic) that Porsche can't even give maintenance(like the BMW) on a 120k car. I still will likely buy one, but it makes NO sense. At least I know what I am getting into and can be unbias.

Again, don't bring up the GTR if you don't want to talk about it. I owned one and loved it and have to chime in when forum enthusiasts are understandably bias and post ridiculous comments. But forum members continue to do it? Why is that?

By the way, what is the last tuned Porsche that ran 8.90's at over 160mph on street tires in the 1/4 and over 220mph at the Texas Mile?
Old 03-30-2012, 09:11 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

First, the filter and oil filler for the new 991 is right on top, easily accessible by anyone.

Second, who the eff cares about the quarter mile and top speed.

and since you made this so fun, Tell me, how many laps can the GTR do before Nissan voids the warranty?
Old 03-30-2012, 09:14 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/9398210-post17.html
Old 03-30-2012, 09:45 PM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Taking it to the track doesn't void the warranty. My friend(the general manager at the dealer(Woodhouse who also has a Porsche dealer) sold me the car and encouraged me to go to the track and guaranteed me it wouldnt void the warranty-----what the eff are YOU getting at? That is what Nissan designed the car for, just as for the GT3.

Again you guys brought up the GTR not me. You just like to make BS comparisons then say stupid stuff like "but its butt ugly" and that "I wouldn't take it if it was given to me". Why again did you bring it up? Dont bring it up and I would never have posted. There was even a guy on the forum yesterday saying his 991S was "almost as fast as the GTR" in the quarter, then came back and edited the phrase out because he realized he is dead wrong. Again he brought up the GTR, not me.

What did I say that was untrue? Have you ever in depth even driven the GTR? Are you just passing judgement based on hearsay? I believe the latter to be true. I bet if the Porsche did those performance numbers that you "didn't effing care about" you would be chiming in no?

Tiff is a great guy and fun as hell to watch but it was very obvious he was trying to powerslide and drift the GTR much greater than the 991. That obviously affects lap times greatly by drifting--especially with such a heavy car. He was much gentler with the 991(which sounds AWESOME by the way).

You are very sensitive Dr.Jay haha. Seriously? You sound as though you want someone to pat you on the back and agree with every crappy false pretentious statement you make no?

Let me guess----you are also a Dr. and want everyone to know that.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:00 PM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Dr. Jay----since you were postin------how much does the Porsche dealer charge you for the EASY oil change in which you "just take off the panel"? How much for an airfilter change"just behind the panel"? Be honest! Is Porsche oil better? Are they filling it with AMSOIL? Bet you believe that maybe. Are you gonna do it in your garage? I for sure would if it is that simple, which I hope it is. I will have them show me BEFORE i buy.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:15 AM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

I can actually get AMSOIL at a 25% or more discount and do it myself, since you brought it up... Anyway, why are you here again if you hate Porsche so much?
Old 03-31-2012, 01:25 AM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Hilarious. Again remedial reading. I am waiting to buy. Never ever said I hate Porsche in any post here. Just not a fanboy. I have many different cars. Cheers Jay.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:10 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

Troll.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:32 AM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Originally Posted by carcommander
Troll.
Personal attacks are against forum rules. By the way, your avatar is not a 911 pic, does that make you a troll? There was absolutely NOTHING in my posts to make you say such a stupid thing. Maybe you like other cars as well.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:05 AM
Gleek48
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personal attacks are against forum rules. By the way, your avatar is not a 911 pic, does that make you a troll? There was absolutely NOTHING in my posts to make you say such a stupid thing. Maybe you like other cars as well.

How about some facts then:

Since you joined this month, about half of your current 13 posts include references to your prior GTR and/or either explicitly state or imply that it is better than the 911 and/or bash the 991.

Here are my observations:
1) if you like the GTR so much (which is fine by me), why do you want the 991?
2) I have different tastes in cars and have owned and own different ones too. What I usually do not waste my time on is picking fights with others who prefer one over another.
3) Finally, IMHO your limited actions on RL are basically the definition of being troll like in nature by continuing to pick fights and look for conflict.

Also, this post is just my opinion.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:30 AM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Personal attacks are against forum rules.
You should keep that in mind before making any more personal attacks.

Quick Reply: Three seconds slower, I think the 991 wins against the GTR ...