Sponsored by:

Two PCM issues - Anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 07:18 PM
Woody7
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Two PCM issues - Anyone else?

I have two separate issues with the PCM in my 2017 911 TTS. Both seem like "bugs" and not "features" but I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issues and what I may be able to do to fix (software update at the dealer?)

I have searched the forums for these issues but might have missed a thread so if you recall these mentioned previously and can link me there, that would help too.

Issue #1 - When I unlock the car, I want to unlock all doors because I often have a passenger. I set it to "All doors" like the screenshot below. Then after a few days it will reset itself back to "Driver's door". I'm not doing anything (that I'm aware) to set it back to Driver's door, it seems to do it on it's own after a random number of days. Weird, right? I need to push the unlock button in the center console to unlock the passenger door (or set it back again in Settings).

Issue #2 - First, when I have "Proximity sensor" set to on, when I choose a station like you see below, there are a few seconds where I see this menu of options with "Store", "Details", etc. before I see the artist / song information. This might just be by design but if so, IMO it's a design flaw because when you flip through stations, you want to see what's playing quickly, not wait for a pointless menu to disappear for each station. Either way, that's not the worst part. When I go into settings to set Proximity sensor to off (unchecked) and go back to the screen with radio presets, that menu is permanently stuck on, even after waiting several seconds or more, it never disappears and no way to see the artist/song as far as I can tell. So weird, right?

In case it's helpful, here is my PCM version:

As a side note, I absolutely adore this car and if these are the biggest issues I have then life isn't too bad. But it would be nice to figure out these small annoyances, thanks!
Old 08-15-2019, 01:03 AM
Dom991.1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

I don’t know about your second question but, regarding question 1, have you tried, after changing the option to “all doors” (or vice versa), setting the memory on the key (hitting “m” on door and key symbol)? More seems tied to this than I expected - for example, “individual” settings on SC.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:08 AM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

^^ this
Old 08-15-2019, 12:00 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

The first issue is probably what is mentioned in the posts above (setting stored based on your key). The second issue does sound like a design flaw. When you turn off the proximity sensor I guess there's no way to show you those popup buttons so they are on all the time. I guess proximity sensors on is the lesser evil.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:09 PM
Woody7
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dom991.1
I don’t know about your second question but, regarding question 1, have you tried, after changing the option to “all doors” (or vice versa), setting the memory on the key (hitting “m” on door and key symbol)? More seems tied to this than I expected - for example, “individual” settings on SC.
Brilliant, thanks guys! I just re-programed the key and seems to be holding All doors. Funny, when I first got the car I was confused why the interior temperature kept resetting itself until I read about that being tied to the key so I should have though of that!
Old 08-15-2019, 02:11 PM
Woody7
Intermediate

Originally Posted by digits
The first issue is probably what is mentioned in the posts above (setting stored based on your key). The second issue does sound like a design flaw. When you turn off the proximity sensor I guess there's no way to show you those popup buttons so they are on all the time. I guess proximity sensors on is the lesser evil.
That doesn't seem right though... When I disable proximity sensor there is nothing I can do in the radio to see artist/song. That can't possible be the intended design. Does anyone else experience the same when setting proximity sensor off?

Quick Reply: Two PCM issues - Anyone else?