Sponsored by:

Placed Order Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 01:10 PM
C DeVito
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Placed Order Yesterday

After months of configuring online, I finally have a date for returning to the US and placed my order for a new Carrera S. I missed having a PCar for the last 4 years and I can't wait for June. Here is my order list. The only thing I wanted and couldn't order was CF. I may opt for after market body color trim pieces in the interior when they come available. Hopefully the delete on sun roof won't delay the build...

I have been torn between another Turbo or the S, but i drove one at my dealer yesterday and loved it.

911 Carrera S
Packages
BOSE(R) Audio Package P37
Premium Package Plus with Adaptive Sport Seats Plus P3C
Exterior Color
Aqua Blue Metallic D2
Interior Color
Black / Platinum Grey leather interior BR
Exterior
ParkAssist (front and rear) 636
Performance
Sport Exhaust System 176
Sport Chrono Package 640
Power Steering Plus 658
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) with PASM sport suspension 031
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB) 450
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250
Wheels
20-inch Carrera S wheel 423
Wheel Accessories
Wheel spacers, 5 mm XRP
Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest 446
Interior
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) P07
Interior Leather
SportDesign steering wheel 840
Two-tone leather interior 970
Old 03-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Kelderek
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That one will be a beauty, enjoy!
Old 03-18-2012, 02:48 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have it all. A bit too much perhaps. A minor thing, but I seriously don't think you need power steering plus with the new electric steering. Great build! Congrats and enjoy!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:14 PM
DHC
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, that is a seriously loaded machine. Nicely done. What's the MSRP of all that, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 03-18-2012, 10:34 PM
C DeVito
Racer

LOL, this is my 5th Porsche, I know what I want and being used to turbos where they are pretty well optioned, I guess I went for performance...then luxury and kept checking boxes. I drove the power steering and variable and really liked the variable, so I guess that is a personal taste decision. It is a cheap option. My dealer talked me into the PCCBs and reduced the price enough to make them expensive, not ridiculous. . I was on the fence with the sport exhaust so I drove around in sport mode without it and decided it sounded too much like my last turbo which I always wanted to be louder. As I drove the demo car I kept turning the sport exhaust on. So i figured, spend the money now or purchase an aftermarket exhaust with all the potential droning issues later. Seemed like a simple decision. I hate the clock, but sport chrono is a must with PDK.

MSRP can be gotten right off the Porsche configuration website. Came in a bit over 134.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:50 PM
packwest
Advanced

Does the wheel spacer make a noticeable difference?
Old 03-19-2012, 10:26 AM
C DeVito
Racer

Got to admit, not sure the wheel spacers will make as much a difference with all the electronic nannies in play as they would on a mechanically sprung/controlled car. I'm an old auto-xer and in general (within practical limits) a lower and wider stance will give better stability and handling. Not sure if it is measurable on this car. If I was looking to cut $500, that would be a first place to do it. I am assuming since these are a factory option, the car will still be classified in stock class.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:28 PM
gerenb
Intermediate

Originally Posted by C DeVito
LOL, this is my 5th Porsche, I know what I want and being used to turbos where they are pretty well optioned, I guess I went for performance...then luxury and kept checking boxes. I drove the power steering and variable and really liked the variable, so I guess that is a personal taste decision. It is a cheap option. My dealer talked me into the PCCBs and reduced the price enough to make them expensive, not ridiculous. . I was on the fence with the sport exhaust so I drove around in sport mode without it and decided it sounded too much like my last turbo which I always wanted to be louder. As I drove the demo car I kept turning the sport exhaust on. So i figured, spend the money now or purchase an aftermarket exhaust with all the potential droning issues later. Seemed like a simple decision. I hate the clock, but sport chrono is a must with PDK.

MSRP can be gotten right off the Porsche configuration website. Came in a bit over 134.
You're making me feel better about ordering the Power Steering Plus option. What was it about that option that you liked?
Old 03-19-2012, 03:45 PM
fbroen
Three Wheelin'

Received 229 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by gerenb
You're making me feel better about ordering the Power Steering Plus option. What was it about that option that you liked?
Old 03-19-2012, 08:19 PM
stom_m3
Instructor

I don't know if you want to waste the time but you can buy the colored center caps for the same price from the Porsche parts department. I was told not to get them and order them afterwards. That way you have both the silver/black and the colored for the same price. Hope that helps.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:10 PM
C DeVito
Racer

Thanks for the tip on the colored center caps. Not something I thought about.

Went back to my dealer today and drove the two Carrera S again, back to back, steering plus and not. The steering plus keeps good road feel and response at speed but is very easy to steer in the parking lot. I hate over boosted steering and it isn't.

Got confirmation on mid May build date and hopefully June delivery.

Last edited by C DeVito; 03-20-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

nice build - pop $300 and get the crested arm rest.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:22 AM
THense
Advanced

Nice color combo. Badged? Or Debadged?
Old 03-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 96 Posts

Nice build! I got the power steering plus and really like it. I forgot to add the XM radio and miss it.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:48 AM
pmo75
Rennlist Member

congrats! you will remember the summer of '12.

Quick Reply: Placed Order Yesterday