Glad it is all sorted.

Both stunning looking cars.

(Both great license plates.)
Old 04-12-2012, 02:19 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Hey Mom3ntm!
How's that new transmission treating you?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:35 PM
MOM3NTM
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perfect

Car is running great. Up to 1600 miles. No issues at all. Thanks for checking in.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Psycho Sid
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MOM3NTM
Car is running great. Up to 1600 miles. No issues at all. Thanks for checking in.
That's great to hear!
Enjoy the hell out of that beauty!
Old 04-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Zmoney3982
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Should have gotten a manual....
Old 04-16-2012, 04:53 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

Porsche steps in pretty often to make a customer happy.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:17 PM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Originally Posted by carcommander
For that coin, it should happen without question
Old 09-16-2014, 11:14 PM
accce
7th Gear

I will keep mine short. 28 miler and my trans had a wiring harness issue. They are putting a whole new trans in and I hope to pick it up this weekend. I will keep you poster.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:15 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

But sometimes it takes an Internet s-storm to do it.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:00 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Two and a half years old

Originally Posted by accce
I will keep mine short. 28 miler and my trans had a wiring harness issue. They are putting a whole new trans in and I hope to pick it up this weekend. I will keep you poster.
Yesterday.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:41 AM
rccrmotors
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
That sucks!

It might be something simple though. I see nothing in the PIWIS TSI for the transmission, so this is probably an isolated issue, one that will be fixed under warranty.

The only (irrelevant to you) problem / technical information available for the 991 is for the electric steering wheel problems.

dated 14.12.2011 number 104/11 EN 4800

Warning in instrument cluster: "Electric power steering fault"

Vehicle Type: 911 Carrera (991)/911 Carrera S (991)
Concerns: Electric power steering (EPS).
Situation: Procedure to be followed if the warning message “Electric power steering fault” is displayed.

a) — Yellow warning message — and fault code “DTC010050 – Software limit stops not taught” entered in the fault memory of the power-steering control unit:⇒ Steering must be re-taugh / programmed

b) — Red warning message — and fault code “DTC010010 - Control unit faulty” entered in the fault memory of the power-steering control unit:⇒ Replace power-steering gear
HI 911 SLOW

GOOD DAY,

I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE.
WE ARE GARAGE AND WE HAD CUSTOMER CAME WITH CAR 2 MONTH A GO AND WE HAVE REPLACED THE BATTERY FOR HIM AND EVERYTHING WAS FINE.
THEN LAST WEEK HE COULDNT START THE CAR, WE DID JUMP START THEN IT WORKS.
AND WE FOUND THE BATTERY IS DOWN. THEN WE HAVE REPLACED THE BATTERY TO A NEW ONE AND THEN WE GOT THIS MESSAGE AND IT DOEST WANNA GO.

WE HAVE TRIED TO ERASE IT SEVERAL TIME BUT IT WONT GO.
Yellow warning message — and fault code “DTC010050 – Software limit stops not taught” entered in the fault memory of the power-steering control unit:⇒ Steering must be re-taugh / programmed
Old 06-19-2018, 06:30 AM
mtony
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rccrmotors
HI 911 SLOW

GOOD DAY,

I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE.
WE ARE GARAGE AND WE HAD CUSTOMER CAME WITH CAR 2 MONTH A GO AND WE HAVE REPLACED THE BATTERY FOR HIM AND EVERYTHING WAS FINE.
THEN LAST WEEK HE COULDNT START THE CAR, WE DID JUMP START THEN IT WORKS.
AND WE FOUND THE BATTERY IS DOWN. THEN WE HAVE REPLACED THE BATTERY TO A NEW ONE AND THEN WE GOT THIS MESSAGE AND IT DOEST WANNA GO.

WE HAVE TRIED TO ERASE IT SEVERAL TIME BUT IT WONT GO.
Yellow warning message — and fault code “DTC010050 – Software limit stops not taught” entered in the fault memory of the power-steering control unit:⇒ Steering must be re-taugh / programmed
Have you tried turning the wheel lock to lock both ways?
Old 06-19-2018, 08:22 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

It is amazing how quickly this thread went south after the OP reported the issues. There were lynchings planned of all Porsche dealership owners and Corporate exec team. And demands for new cars and lifetime warranties.
First I have bought over a dozen Pcars. Never purchased a 911 R, Carrera GT, or 918 and never felt like I was treated like a second class citizen at any of the several Porsche dealerships I worked with. It's a business that's supposed to make a profit not just there for our convenience so I understand this and never had an issue.
I had a 996 TT that had the 2nd gear pop out issue and the tranny had to be replaced. Porsche acted quickly, tranny was in in less than a week and I was given full warranty on the new tranny. 996 / 997 ims and tranny issues affected less than 1% of the cars made so when I see comments made that those 2 model types are cursed I laugh. Should it have happened, no, does this happen on any product that is manufactured, yes, how you take care of it is the difference.
Seems like the OP was less anxious than most posters and in the end was treated like he should have been and got extra protection.
In the world of all things can go wrong Porsche makes a very reliable product with high performance that can be driven daily unlike a lot of the pricey competition.
Believe me if I felt I was wronged I would be a bulldog to get satisfaction but not before letting the company do the right thing. I have been in the business of making product at a high level for years, work with top notch manufacturers in Europe and Asia and s++t goes wrong sometimes even when all of the ingredients are right and the process was followed. But we make it right for our customers when it does just like what happened here.
It's a car, stuff goes wrong and you can't ask for a new one every time something happens. I'm glad the OP got it sorted out quickly and is happy with his ownership.
If some folks here are not happy with the brand and feel they are not getting what they should from a Porsche then there are other choices. These come not problem free though.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:56 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default 964

And before that the 964's with no head gasket and then before that the 3.2 with failing head studs etc, ect. Don't expect to be on the bleeding edge without bleeding.

Originally Posted by dhsieh
It's true that Porsche dealers just represent the manufacturer. Often times, they are under tremendous pressure from manufacturer to cover faulty design & shoddy build quality. Just think about how many 996/997 owners got burned by IMS & RMS problems. As far as I can tell, Porsche has never officially issued any recall or public service campaign to address this issue. But instead, they use whatever means necessary and with help of dealers to cover them. Of course, Porsche has been trying to fix this problem in later 996/997 models quietly. My point is that, if the owners do not speak and make a case for themselves, they'll end up just like those unfortunately 996/997 owners with IMS/RMS problems. And by the way, Porsche is not the only manufacturer that does it. BMW, Lexus, Jaguar and many other luxury car makers are all alike when it comes to covering their product build quality.

Quick Reply: “Transmission failure” on night of delivery for 991S PDK