Sponsored by:

Sport Seats Plus......

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 04:25 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Sport Seats Plus......

the trim on the new 991 is "chrome silver" i believe but the backs of the sport plus seats still seem to be "volcano grey"

does anyone have pics of the seat backs? i am curious why all models have the chrome silver trim standard now but the seat backs are still the old volcano grey color (at least thats what is stated on the respective websites)

i wish the base models still had the grey trim as standard but looks like they are trying to conserve on available options.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

There you go.

Last edited by Galion; 05-07-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:54 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

might be the nicest seats evaarr.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:59 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Galion
There you go.
i assume nobody else is bothered that all the trim is chrome silver and backs are volcano grey then?

seem's bizarre to me, i would think since all trim across the models is same, the backs would be same as well?

also has anyone noticed the cars without full leather have less "chrome silver" trim on doors?
Old 12-26-2011, 02:54 PM
WCE
User

Received 176 Likes on 85 Posts

I ordered the plus seats and I think it would be a bit much if the backs were bright silver like the trim. Knowing Porsche, you can probably get them finished any way you wish for some dear price.
And yes, opt out of "full leather" and you get a matching plastic strip on the door instead of silver. Didn't always feel this way, but at these price levels the full leather should really be standard as the nicely finished cockpit is really one of the few ways to justify the added cost over the many equal or superior performing sports cars out there for less money! Take a look at the interior of an Audi TTS for half the price and tell me you're satisfied with vinyl and plastic in your Porsche!
Old 12-26-2011, 05:21 PM
ctporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could someone post some info (or link to info) and/or pictures of the "no full leather" optioned 991? So far I have only seen pictures of the full leather interiors.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:25 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by odurandina
did you say the nicest breasts eavaarr, err.. I mean seats.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:16 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ctporsche
Could someone post some info (or link to info) and/or pictures of the "no full leather" optioned 991? So far I have only seen pictures of the full leather interiors.
hard to find, i've only seen 2 but can't find pics right this second...

the "chrome silver" door trim on the full leather models is not present and is simply "interior colored" on non full leather models... also so you know only seat centers are leather and they are "corrected leather" at that meaning embossed with "leather grain" and not true analine leather... the steering wheel/shifter/center console lid and i think the door pulls are however "analine leather" on all models (usually only steering wheel and shifter, i heard from someone this year includes the other two)

i am a big fan of full leather, but for $3600 sometimes it's not the easiest option to choose...
Old 12-27-2011, 10:53 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by odurandina
Your avatar might be one of the nicest evaarr!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:09 AM
JasonNY
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what are the Sport Seats Plus, they look like the Adaptive Sport Seats? Do they just have less power control on them?
Old 01-02-2012, 04:11 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JasonNY
So what are the Sport Seats Plus, they look like the Adaptive Sport Seats? Do they just have less power control on them?
same as standard with the thicker bolsters... no additional adjustments versus the standard..

Quick Reply: Sport Seats Plus......