Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 14 way seat slip on seat covers, any recommendations on type, manufacturer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 02:06 PM
CraigT!
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 991 14 way seat slip on seat covers, any recommendations on type, manufacturer?

Looking to get some, and wanted to seek advisement.

Thank you!
Old 10-22-2020, 02:10 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,893 Likes on 1,175 Posts

What're you looking to get out of it? Durability for pets, plush for comfort, an aesthetic change..?
Old 10-03-2021, 06:56 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by asellus
What're you looking to get out of it? Durability for pets, plush for comfort, an aesthetic change..?
bumping this thread as I was about to post the exact same question. But to answer your question @asellus

We just got this puppy which currently weighs about 38lbs but expected to grow to about 45lbs. I have booster seats in the back for the kids so the dog will have to ride up front. (Wife in frunk). Just looking for something that’s easy to slip on and off as I’ll only be using it occasionally and only on the passenger seat (although I realize I’ll likely have to buy a set). So durability and ease of installation would be key. Doesn’t have to fit like a glove it is stays reasonably in place. Seats are 14 way ventilated.

The following users liked this post:
Rich_Jenkins (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 06:59 AM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Received 713 Likes on 479 Posts

I have bought a couple options in the last two years. I used them mainly to have something on the seat after I'm finished in the gym. Neither of them work very well to stay in place, I have to say, and are kind of a pain. But they do cover the seat.

I have 14-ways with ventilation.

This is the first one:

Amazon Amazon

It's a gray, semi-fitted fabric which drapes over the back and seat, and fits more or less loosely around the sides. One end is sewn into a pocket that slips over the headrest. It's effective in isolating "me" from the seat. The fabric doesn't stay in place easily, and generally there's some fiddling around sitting down, but once in place, and seated, it doesn't move much.

The second I don't have a link for, if I find it I will though. It's more of a lighter, terry-towel fabric. The overall shape is an oblong rectangle, and one end has a pair of velcro pads sewn in. You gather that end, making another sort of pocket, which again, slips over the seat headrest.

Edit: here is the link, unfortunately it seems no longer available.

Amazon Amazon

I can grab some pictures later today.

Last edited by Rich_Jenkins; 10-05-2021 at 07:01 AM.
Old 10-05-2021, 01:31 PM
noahabel
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 61 Posts

I've used something similar to this in several cars with the caveat being they’ve all had normal headrests.

Booster Seat Booster Seat

As long as the top loop can get large enough to throw over the top of the 911's seat you should be able to get the "box" itself flat on the seat.

Regardless, what you need most is something that secures in place on the bottom/butt part of the seat. Dogs squirm, and those throwover covers will bunch, slide and shift off when the dog moves around, eventually exposing the leather.

Cute pup! Good luck. Let us know what solution you find.

Last edited by noahabel; 10-05-2021 at 01:34 PM.

Quick Reply: 991 14 way seat slip on seat covers, any recommendations on type, manufacturer?