Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   991 Interior Shot (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/594919-991-interior-shot.html)

Larry Cable 10-07-2010 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Serge944 (Post 7956149)
Gee, this spartan interior sure does suck...

mk I 996 with clubsport seats ... ah!

TRAKCAR 10-07-2010 12:06 PM

Maybe they will offer a center console and center stack dash delete?

911SLOW 10-07-2010 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Larry Cable (Post 7956164)
mk I 996 with clubsport seats ... ah!

mk2 RS :)

Larry Cable 10-07-2010 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by 911SLOW (Post 7956388)
mk2 RS :)

Doh! ... I am such a loser! :)

AllanJ 10-07-2010 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR (Post 7956169)
Maybe they will offer a center console and center stack dash delete?

Yes they will. You'll need to buy Porsche tool #P00SAWZ to do the removal.

http://i.pgcdn.com/pi/0/13/66/1366828_640.jpg

pissedpuppy 10-07-2010 02:54 PM

LOVE that steerring wheel!!!

aussie jimmy 10-07-2010 06:39 PM

imo, that is the best interior for the 911.
love it without the cd compartments, just a straight-across dash. form follows function, gropius couldn't have done any better.

TripleM 10-08-2010 02:14 AM

Looks too luxurious, will be good on other 911 but GT3/RS which needs to be simple and purposeful

niche 10-08-2010 02:44 AM

Reminds me of my little Lexus 250 is.

Land Jet 10-08-2010 10:13 AM

I like it for a street car. Would be great if they incorporated a usable armrest, that's something I miss in my car when driving on the street. For a track car, no way.

amaist 10-08-2010 11:16 AM

Looks like Porsche expects most buyers to want luxury instead of having fantasies about sports cars.

I can't blame them. We are a minority and most of us if we can afford it buy GT3s or RS's We mostly don't look at Cabrios, C4S's, C4's and other 911's Porsche makes. They have to sell those cars to someone. That market wants luxury and any sort of inconvenience turns them away. It's much easier to find dedicated loons like us when they made 3 times fewer cars. Now they need to sell to people who likes to show off the fact that they can get an expensive car without really caring much about the "real car" stuff we care about.

If they make the new GT3 with such an interior it would be pretty amusing. But we will see. I won't judge until I see it.

TRAKCAR 10-08-2010 11:18 AM

The GT3's will get special stripper interiors :thumbup:.

You of course will be able to pay more to add all the silly stuff back in.

Tacet-Conundrum 10-08-2010 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by amaist (Post 7958747)
Looks like Porsche expects most buyers to want luxury instead of having fantasies about sports cars.

I can't blame them. We are a minority and most of us if we can afford it buy GT3s or RS's We mostly don't look at Cabrios, C4S's, C4's and other 911's Porsche makes. They have to sell those cars to someone. That market wants luxury and any sort of inconvenience turns them away. It's much easier to find dedicated loons like us when they made 3 times fewer cars. Now they need to sell to people who likes to show off the fact that they can get an expensive car without really caring much about the "real car" stuff we care about.

If they make the new GT3 with such an interior it would be pretty amusing. But we will see. I won't judge until I see it.

Porsche, VWAG, is taking the 911 further up market according to recent accounts. How far that is I don't know! But they are also adding an intro Porsche just under the Boxster.

I don't really see the relevance of taking the 911 further up market when the two door car based on the Panamera comes out, read the new 928. That car will be plenty fast, and with a shorter wheel base than the Panamera, shouldn't have any issues with slaying other sports cars just based on its KPIs, that is Panamera's Key Performance Indicators - 0-60 - Quarter Mile times et al(.), when paired with the V8TT. Keep the 911 a lighter less bulky vehicle like we all want it. Keep the Turbo closer in weight and stature to the 993 with a two wheel drive option that isn't GT2 based; just front wheel drive delete. They can then make the 928 the Cross-Country GT platform missile it will be with all the buttons and gadgets.

The interior is a far cry than anything we saw since the 90s, 993 per se. I don't mind the interior too much. Seems to me they are trying to add far too much content. Just be grateful that they don't add a silly jog-nob like in some of the BMWs. Personally I would be happy with a single, reliable, touch screen interface with buttons for the crap we use all the time like windows, door locks, cruise control and Air Conditioning. Everything else can be easily accessed and manipulated with a standard touch screen interface. And having the option to configure where the features and buttons are located within the touch screen's operating system would be an advantage. Having options and icons that are static is way retro and isn't keeping up with modern methodology! Further having an optional bluetooth capable communications with a third party device like Droid, I/Phone/PodTouch/Pad should be explored too.

//* That's enough of me rambling *//

ir_fuel 10-08-2010 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by carrering (Post 7952581)
i love all the buttons in the pan and cayenne, but in the 911 seems out of place. and common, no redesigned cup holders! at least make them out of carbon fiber :p

Real men delete the cupholders when ordering the car :to_order::rockon:

jumper5836 10-08-2010 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum (Post 7958949)
Personally I would be happy with a single, reliable, touch screen interface with buttons for the crap we use all the time like windows, door locks, cruise control and Air Conditioning. Everything else can be easily accessed and manipulated with a standard touch screen interface. And having the option to configure where the features and buttons are located within the touch screen's operating system would be an advantage. Having options and icons that are static is way retro and isn't keeping up with modern methodology! Further having an optional bluetooth capable communications with a third party device like Droid, I/Phone/PodTouch/Pad should be explored too.

//* That's enough of me rambling *//

I second that. Get rid of all the buttons go with a single touch screen for everything inculding ac/heat. Then remove the lower console and center console totally.
It would probably save a lot of weight, though the people who typically buy the newer 911's won't really like it.