Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinkdiag Magic

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2024, 11:04 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 521 Posts

I’ve decided after buying one of these ThinkDiag OBD tools & battery tester that I’m not going to use it for now so I put it on the marketplace. I just don’t feel like dealing with the whole android device requirement to make it do what I need. Everything is brand new and sealed from factory.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1...light=Thinkcar
Old Yesterday, 02:38 AM
Speed2k
Burning Brakes

Received 332 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
I’ve decided after buying one of these ThinkDiag OBD tools & battery tester that I’m not going to use it for now so I put it on the marketplace. I just don’t feel like dealing with the whole android device requirement to make it do what I need. Everything is brand new and sealed from factory.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1...light=Thinkcar
Why? The tool is awesome; it's not difficult to use and an Android tablet can be had for cheap! But at the same time, if someone nearby has one, just ask them to help you program stuff. I have an android tablet for one purpose, that's to use with the ThinkDiag unit. I just helped my friend (991.1) program the temp guage, comfort entry seat, emergency tail light flash, windows up/down using remote and GT3 steering (which is pretty cool).
Old Yesterday, 02:43 AM
Speed2k
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by F355bob
I have a 17 991.2 and have done 8 or 9 recoding changes with the Thinkdiag but having problems with the EBD System coding. I The EBD is where the brake lights flash at a given speed or g force. I saw a post where you set above what speed you want it to turn on and what decel g force it activates the brake light flashing and what decel g it stops .After doing this my EBD is still not active. My problem is that the EBD seems to have more parameters than that. I think the example coding was for a 718. Has anybody done it on the 991.2 with the Thinkdiag and how did you code it?
Originally Posted by thesaintusa
I am not able to activate on my 991.2 with the instructions provided.
Small example of why separate forums for the 991.1 and 991.2 may be helpful.

It worked for me, I just followed the instructions listed in the 718 PDF link. After reading your posts, I thought maybe it doesn't work for me either (never tested it), but I mentioned this to my friend as I was helping him program stuff for his car and he told me he saw it flashing when I was on track with him earlier this month. Another friend said he also sees the brake lights flashing on spirited drives too.

Last edited by Speed2k; Yesterday at 02:47 AM.
Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM
F355bob
Rennlist Member

Received 308 Likes on 163 Posts

[QUOTE=Speed2k;19669908]It worked for me, I just followed the instructions listed in the 718 PDF link. After reading your posts, I thought maybe it doesn't work for me either (never tested it), but I mentioned this to my friend as I was helping him program stuff for his car and he told me he saw it flashing when I was on track with him earlier this month. Another friend said he also sees the brake lights flashing on spirited drives too.[/QUOTE

The 991.2 seems to have more parameters. Speed on and speed off. The 718 only mentions speed on. Decel on decel off. Do know the exact numbers you used in each parameter? Seems it has more parameters than the 718 link.
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed2k
It worked for me, I just followed the instructions listed in the 718 PDF link. After reading your posts, I thought maybe it doesn't work for me either (never tested it), but I mentioned this to my friend as I was helping him program stuff for his car and he told me he saw it flashing when I was on track with him earlier this month. Another friend said he also sees the brake lights flashing on spirited drives too.
It will flash (without the programming) on the track and hard braking.

I still have that occur, but could not program to have it occur during street driving.
Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM
F355bob
Rennlist Member

Received 308 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by thesaintusa
It will flash (without the programming) on the track and hard braking.

I still have that occur, but could not program to have it occur during street driving.
I had 1.25 g's in braking and did not flash. Does it need to be higher g's to flash without programming?
Old Today, 12:04 AM
Speed2k
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=F355bob;19670054]
Originally Posted by Speed2k
It worked for me, I just followed the instructions listed in the 718 PDF link. After reading your posts, I thought maybe it doesn't work for me either (never tested it), but I mentioned this to my friend as I was helping him program stuff for his car and he told me he saw it flashing when I was on track with him earlier this month. Another friend said he also sees the brake lights flashing on spirited drives too.[/QUOTE

The 991.2 seems to have more parameters. Speed on and speed off. The 718 only mentions speed on. Decel on decel off. Do know the exact numbers you used in each parameter? Seems it has more parameters than the 718 link.
It’s been a while, but I believe I just used the parameters given in the PDF.

The following users liked this post:
911T4ME (Today)

Quick Reply: Thinkdiag Magic