Sponsored by:

DSC V3 Controllers Back In Stock - Featuring Our **New RS Calibration**

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 10:04 AM
Clubber
Racer

Received 509 Likes on 106 Posts
Thumbs up Believe the Hype !

I have just installed the DSC V3 with the new RS calibration on my 991.1 C4 GTS and WOW !

I am usually very picky when it comes to mods and always find something that is underperforming vs the hype but not on the case of DSC.

Based on @Tom@TPC Racing recommendation, because I had new Eibach springs put on the car, I waited a few days until they settle in and then I zeroed the ride height before the first drive.

And the first drive ;

Normal Suspension Mode : In my case, comfort was the reason I went for the DSC so even if the Sport suspension wouldn't change, I would still be happy with a more comfortable normal mode.
To describe the difference shortly, the way DSC absorbs the rough and bumpy roads is similar to the feel of dropping wheel size by 2". So, my 20" GTS wheels felt like 18" running on fat rubber/sidewall. Very refined and smooth.
I did my first drive on my most frequently used road to make a better comparison and the ride comfort is significantly better without being floaty (numb, disconnected), especially on plastic speed bumps which used to be my biggest torture.
During the fast driving in normal mode, turn in felt much more alive and I instantly felt more grip on all corners. One might argue that you don't need a Sport suspension mode, but then...

The Sport Suspension Mode : I can finally say that my car NOW has two suspension modes as the stock spor mode was simply undriveable. It was way too stiff and bumpy even on track and highway. With DSC, Sport mode finally makes sense. Somehow turn in gets super sharp, suspension tight but not bumpy at all. Best of both worlds. Although I need a bit more spirited driving miles to give the full evaluation.

Overall, as anyone else said before, DSC is a game changer on PASM cars, If you are hesitant, don't be. Go for it.

Thanks @Tom@TPC Racing for all your help.
The following 5 users liked this post by Clubber:
991_T (02-26-2022), acwild70 (02-25-2022), spyderbret (02-27-2022), Tier1Terrier (02-16-2024), Tom@TPC Racing (02-25-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 05:40 PM
cutlass476
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Hey Tom...when are you going to put the RS calibration file on your website so we can download it. I'm running the GT3 file from 2020 right now. Would really like to take advantage of this new file that you guys are raving about. My DSC is new enough, I just need the file. Please.
The following 2 users liked this post by cutlass476:
Tangerine (02-27-2022), Zylinderkopfdichtung (02-25-2022)
Old 02-27-2022, 06:55 PM
bchamber1
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Considering but wondering if anyone has with solid front LCA ball joints? I have '13 991.1 C2S and installed Tarett cup LCA's so solid outer ball joint, monoball inner, and thrust arm bushings. I know will always have some NVH but curious if anyone has similar setup and softens out the ride for normal driving?

I don't doubt the track performance benefits though I'm sure I have a lot left to get out of my current setup before I need more performance mods to shave tenths off so more interested in public street improvements with softer setting. That would be ideal as can really use Sport setting for track...
Old 02-27-2022, 09:58 PM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by cutlass476
Hey Tom...when are you going to put the RS calibration file on your website so we can download it. I'm running the GT3 file from 2020 right now. Would really like to take advantage of this new file that you guys are raving about. My DSC is new enough, I just need the file. Please.
Also interested. Did I miss any updates? Original estimate was to post it within 30 days.
Old 02-28-2022, 12:48 PM
Sulzy
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cutlass476

The file was uploaded on saturday - and can also confirm that in the Carrera t it's a massive improvement over the prior leading "gt3 touring" file. Considerably more stable, responsive and communicative in both modes.
Old 03-23-2022, 07:50 PM
sixpins
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a DSC V3 (firmware code: Ver 991_2 2.0 V3 1-26-21 enc Velocity Lnc & EXH2 pch2 ) for my 991.2 with PDK and sport chrono. It came preloaded with the GT3 Touring file but I would like to swap that for the new RS file.

When writing the RS file to the DSC does it matter which Vehicle Type I have selected?

I assume I want to choose "Porsche 9x1 w/LNC" rather than just "Porsche 9x1". Hoping someone can confirm this for me, thanks!
Old 01-31-2023, 10:37 PM
RP4S911
Pro

Received 587 Likes on 299 Posts

Reviving this thread.

I have a question, and sorry If my specific numbers are off, I’m going off of memory and potentially bad info.

So “normal” mode is PASM button off, and “sport” is with it on I’m assuming. From what I’ve read the Normal mode ranges from 3%-80% of firmness level depended on driving (in real time) and Sport mode is around 20%-100% firmness variation?

If so, then is it correct to say we can just keep it in normal mode to take advantage of the softer slow ride and it will automatically assume the Sport role with a heavy spirited drive? Or does the Sport mode make the dynamics truely more aggressive in general with the addition of not going below that 20/30% firmness level?

Any specific #’s would be great! TIA
-Rick

Last edited by RP4S911; 01-31-2023 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-02-2023, 01:19 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by RP4S911
Reviving this thread.

I have a question, and sorry If my specific numbers are off, I’m going off of memory and potentially bad info.

So “normal” mode is PASM button off, and “sport” is with it on I’m assuming. From what I’ve read the Normal mode ranges from 3%-80% of firmness level depended on driving (in real time) and Sport mode is around 20%-100% firmness variation?

If so, then is it correct to say we can just keep it in normal mode to take advantage of the softer slow ride and it will automatically assume the Sport role with a heavy spirited drive? Or does the Sport mode make the dynamics truely more aggressive in general with the addition of not going below that 20/30% firmness level?

Any specific #’s would be great! TIA
-Rick
If memory serves, you are correct here. Normal mode just gives you a wider range but worth checking to see if the max is different (I am not sure). You can use their software to look at and change the settings as you see fit. Depending on the profile you load, that determines the range.
Old 03-07-2023, 07:27 PM
yosshaa
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 28 Posts

Does this void CPO? Like if I need to take the car in for service like an oil change, should I swap the OEM DSC back in or would they not know unless they looked at the unit itself? If I swap to OEM is there any way a dealer could tell DSC V3 was installed?
Old 03-08-2023, 07:11 AM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Received 638 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by yosshaa
Does this void CPO? Like if I need to take the car in for service like an oil change, should I swap the OEM DSC back in or would they not know unless they looked at the unit itself? If I swap to OEM is there any way a dealer could tell DSC V3 was installed?
Takes only a few mins to take in and out. If you are concerned just remove it prior to service. Wont be an issue though unless of course they are trying to diagnose suspension faults / issues.
Old 03-08-2023, 08:52 AM
dannyss
Racer

Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts

I've talked to the service manager at my dealer and he told me that it made no difference for them. The DSC was fine being in the car while servicing.
Old 03-08-2023, 10:08 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,079 Likes on 989 Posts

Originally Posted by dannyss
I've talked to the service manager at my dealer and he told me that it made no difference for them. The DSC was fine being in the car while servicing.

for what its worth, my dealer was unable to recalibrate or service PDCC with DSC installed. Their computer couldnt communicate with PDCC and OEM controller needed to be installed.

FYI
Old 03-08-2023, 03:57 PM
RP4S911
Pro

Received 587 Likes on 299 Posts

Just put the rear seat down and swap the modules before going in for servicing anything suspension related, if you're worried. Took me 2 minutes my first try, and the longest part was figuing out how to pull up the carpet cover the very first time. Much faster the 2nd time going in there. Nothing else to do at all, just pug and play. For anything not directly related to diagnosing the PASM/suspension, don't even bother. Aftermarket exhaust doesn't affect CPO warranty either, unless they need it back to stock in order to diagnose a related component.
Old 03-09-2023, 03:06 AM
Sulzy
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not likely, cpo is only under question if it's something you can't revert to stock and the struts aren't under warranty anyway. you 100% won't pass a real 300 point check to re-enter warranty with it in, but swapping back and forth doesn't persist anything the dealer can't clear and move on. The condition for pass in piwis is "whether the errors can be cleared" (well, and whether Stuttgart has a red flag on your model, but that's a different issue)

Originally Posted by desmotesta
for what its worth, my dealer was unable to recalibrate or service PDCC with DSC installed. Their computer couldnt communicate with PDCC and OEM controller needed to be installed.

FYI
Yes, second this. piwis throws a comms error with DSC installed that won't clear until the oem box is back in.

It's not a lot of effort to do, and the dealer has their hands tied with unclearable errors if there are any syncs needed for warranty checks etc.

Last edited by Sulzy; 03-09-2023 at 03:11 AM.
Old 03-09-2023, 10:00 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 983 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by desmotesta

FYI
Originally Posted by Sulzy
Yes, second this. piwis throws a comms error with DSC installed that won't clear until the oem box is back in.

It's not a lot of effort to do, and the dealer has their hands tied with unclearable errors if there are any syncs needed for warranty checks etc.
^ Correct. Any diagnostic scan tool that's designed to read the OEM controller(such as Pwis, Durametric, iCar, etc.) will not read the DSC controller because of different computer language. Attempting to read the DSC controller with OEM scan tool will show "device offline" or "no comm" because the scan tool is looking for the OEM controller that isn't there. Same situation as attempting to read the PCM with OEM scan tool if the radio head unit was replaced with an aftermarket one.

DSC uses its own communication software that's a free download from DSC website.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Quick Reply: DSC V3 Controllers Back In Stock - Featuring Our **New RS Calibration**