Sponsored by:

Adding Wireless CarPlay - 9XX Research?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2021, 10:06 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 136 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Gixxerboy63
Ok… so I’ve skimmed these pages and I’m still confused.

Which one of these systems is the preferred system?

-joyeauto?
-NV auto?
-Isuder?

*I would prefer to use my factory mic and rearview camera
I think that the answer that you'll get is that people like the solution that they installed.

Truth being that they all work as advertised. The iSudar implementation was cheaper than the other options and didn't involve the installation of a secondary box and was only a card install into the PCM.
Old 10-10-2021, 02:31 PM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 72 Posts

I've been keeping my eye on this thread but been scared off by the mention of any loss of audio quality by hijacking the line-in. I have the Burmester audio so really don't want to have too hacky of a solution.

Has anyone does this mod with any of the options with Burmester?
Old 10-10-2021, 05:23 PM
osunick
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Tangerine
I've been keeping my eye on this thread but been scared off by the mention of any loss of audio quality by hijacking the line-in. I have the Burmester audio so really don't want to have too hacky of a solution.

Has anyone does this mod with any of the options with Burmester?
None of the current options can do digital audio through MOST. If you are an android auto user, there's a AAWireless device that supports bluetooth audio while using AA but currently voice prompts/google assistant do not work with it. I do have Burmester and i will say as long as your installer is running the cabling cleanly (for instance not looping aux wiring around power wiring which will cause alternator whine) it's pretty good with sound conditioning on. It's maybe not as crisp as pure digital but pretty good. Also many of the units overdrive the aux out with what seems like headphone level, so if you hear clipping turn down the output from the device and leave it there.
The following users liked this post:
Tangerine (10-11-2021)
Old 10-10-2021, 06:35 PM
systemr
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
I think that the answer that you'll get is that people like the solution that they installed.

Truth being that they all work as advertised. The iSudar implementation was cheaper than the other options and didn't involve the installation of a secondary box and was only a card install into the PCM.
Well actually I have the Joyeauto and am in the process of replacing it with iSudar given I hate have the box and the wires. I'm kind of OCD about this kind of stuff, and combined with reports iSudar is faster I decided to just go for it.
Gixxerboy63 (10-11-2021)
Old 10-10-2021, 06:38 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 136 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by systemr
Well actually I have the Joyeauto and am in the process of replacing it with iSudar given I hate have the box and the wires. I'm kind of OCD about this kind of stuff, and combined with reports iSudar is faster I decided to just go for it.
That's awesome. You're the first person I've heard switch.

I have been very happy with my iSudar unit and find it to be as fast as the OEM unit in my Macan. I honestly can't tell the difference once the unit is running. I've had no complaints and I'm sure you'll be happy.
Gixxerboy63 (10-11-2021)
Old 10-11-2021, 12:36 PM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

I have been very happy with my iSudar unit and find it to be as fast as the OEM unit in my Macan. I honestly can't tell the difference once the unit is running. I've had no complaints and I'm sure you'll be happy.
This is the feedback I was looking for.
🙌
Thanks guys!
I now have the iSudar on order!
Old 10-11-2021, 12:38 PM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

I'll say it again. Yes I have the iSudar single board installation. Yes it works. Yes it works, Yes it works. Read the thread. I've said it a few times already, but one more doesn't hurt.

Just in case you missed it, yes it works as normal CarPlay and all the functionality is there and all the controls work as normal.

^This is awesome!
Thank you for the feedback!
Old 10-11-2021, 01:09 PM
osunick
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Gixxerboy63
This is the feedback I was looking for.
🙌
Thanks guys!
I now have the iSudar on order!
Hopefully yours won't arrive bent like mine, in a crushed box, two months after I ordered it. It did not work but did emit a burning smell. Fortunately the PCM is ok and I was dumb for attempting to install. Now I have to figure out how to ship something to China.
Old 10-11-2021, 01:31 PM
systemr
Instructor

Originally Posted by osunick
Hopefully yours won't arrive bent like mine, in a crushed box, two months after I ordered it. It did not work but did emit a burning smell. Fortunately the PCM is ok and I was dumb for attempting to install. Now I have to figure out how to ship something to China.
that sucks! i ordered mine last Tuesday and it should be here on thurs, supply chain problems seem to be getting better so hopefully the replacement will get here faster

as long as it works roughly the same (minus the volume control issue you've mentioned which I don't think impacts the joyeauto) I'll be happy with it since the box and wires are gone
Old 10-12-2021, 02:58 AM
UH2
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

that sucks! i ordered mine last Tuesday and it should be here on thurs, supply chain problems seem to be getting better so hopefully the replacement will get here faster

as long as it works roughly the same (minus the volume control issue you've mentioned which I don't think impacts the joyeauto) I'll be happy with it since the box and wires are gone
Is the problem with the box and wires for you is, that they exist at all...even if you never see them?
Old 10-12-2021, 02:37 PM
systemr
Instructor

Originally Posted by UH2
Is the problem with the box and wires for you is, that they exist at all...even if you never see them?
I tucked it between the carpet and firewall, due to the location I can't hide all the wires and I particularly don't like the wire heading into the fuse box. Under the steering column like in the auto amature video is even worse IMO for fit and finish

so the box/wires + two things that aren't a problem with NM vs Joyeauto made me do it: 1) can't use factory mic 2) needs to tap fusebox for power

Also bc the isudar is cheaper I was able to sell my joyeauto setup and upgrade to isudar for a net $5 since I do the install myself

Last edited by systemr; 10-12-2021 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-12-2021, 03:16 PM
UH2
Instructor

I tucked it between the carpet and firewall, due to the location I can't hide all the wires and I particularly don't like the wire heading into the fuse box. Under the steering column like in the auto amature video is even worse IMO for fit and finish

so the box/wires + two things that aren't a problem with NM vs Joyeauto made me do it: 1) can't use factory mic 2) needs to tap fusebox for power

Also bc the isudar is cheaper I was able to sell my joyeauto setup and upgrade to isudar for a net $5 since I do the install myself
Ahhh..now I get it.Yeah that would make me switch too. I was able to hide the "box" behind the PCM, so you never see it. Also like you said, it doesn't have a tap for the fuse box. I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-13-2021, 08:40 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,239 Likes on 750 Posts

Did Isudar send the correct length standoffs on recent orders? It seems to be hit or miss.

Last edited by Porsche_nuts; 10-13-2021 at 10:52 AM.
Old 10-14-2021, 10:32 PM
systemr
Instructor

i just did the isudar install to replace my joyeauto setup. it is (1) much cleaner install than joyeauto, likely slightly cleaner than NM auto (NM's external box is smaller and can be hidden) (2) significantly faster startup time (as in instant when the key ie turned to accessory) and maybe slightly more responsive that joyeauto which I've heard is similar to NM auto? config/setup screen before entering carplay is MUCH better/cleaner than the joyeuato setup and everything is configurable in software vs software + dip switches on the external box.

at this point IMHO nobody should use the joyeauto box for a new install and I'd even say not sure why you'd get NM auto except for the likely superior support from Nick. the isudar is cheaper, cleaner install and faster. Very happy with my iSudar setup.

install thoughts: fits exactly where the joyeauto board sat (use the same standoffs and screws actually) and basically the same install of the LVSD cables, easier to install b/c you don't have to route all the cables out to the external box but in some sense slightly harder due to the two cables that go into the PCM unit being thicker and originally unclear which side was up. Huge benefit that it doesn't need to tap fusebox for power (NM auto can, joyeauto can't) and that it can use the OEM mic (NM auto can, joyeauto can't). one thing that sucked or maybe it was how i had the cables situated but it was much harder to get the quadlock adaper/cables into the cavity behind the PCM so I could slide the PCM unit back in VS what I remember from the joyeauto install.

Last edited by systemr; 10-15-2021 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-15-2021, 11:57 AM
UH2
Instructor

NM Auto doesn't tap the fuse box, FYI. NM also uses the OEM mic...and there aren't any dip switches to mess with. Joyeauto and NM Auto are similar in some respects, but they aren't the same.

Glad to hear you're liking your new set up!

Quick Reply: Adding Wireless CarPlay - 9XX Research?