Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheels on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 03:03 AM
moswissa
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Chinese products have a bad reputation just for being Chinese but in reality they have come a long way. Hate to admit it lol
Old 06-29-2021, 06:12 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,351 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by LargePuppy
I wouldn't broad brush Chinese manufactured products.... plenty of wheels are produced in China, certified, and sold in the US.... many have been posted here with positive experiences...
Check out Signature or BC-Forged.... both will be able to produce forged wheels with custom offsets, excellent styling, at a solid price point ($5kish shipped last I checked).... they are spot on with delivery times, and service is also excellent...
Buying from a reputable brand that produces in China is different than buying from an EBay seller direct from China.

I have been making products in China, Vietnam and most parts of the world for recognized brands for over40 years. Under proper supervision and proper specs China produces outstanding product.

Does that mean I would buy a set of wheels for my 911 from an unknown Chinese seller on Ebay, no absolutely not.

Last edited by Penn4S; 06-29-2021 at 06:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bud Taylor (06-30-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 08:31 PM
Luca84
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

After all three comments... It sounds like a bad idea... I hoped somebody purchased them in the past and had a good feedback.

I feel that the best idea is to powder coat mine or get a set in black.
Old 06-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 445 Likes on 318 Posts
Default Flea bay is the danger

Not china. I have been looking at this laser that will Catch stuff on fire though...

I had a chinese rim crack and tire lost pressure. I think costco did it installing tires. No hollywood explosion just psi loss.

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Buying from a reputable brand that produces in China is different than buying from an EBay seller direct from China.

I have been making products in China, Vietnam and most parts of the world for recognized brands for over40 years. Under proper supervision and proper specs China produces outstanding product.

Does that mean I would buy a set of wheels for my 911 from an unknown Chinese seller on Ebay, no absolutely not.
Old 06-30-2021, 06:48 PM
DanQ
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 69 Posts

Here is the other thread on these wheels. I think the OP was satisfied with them.
gt3-on-my-carrera-yep-5-lug-gt3-wheels
Old 07-01-2021, 05:36 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 983 Likes on 491 Posts

The Rotiform PGT's are the perfect wheel for you in my opinion. Having the "Rotiform" script on the outer edge of the wheel isn't a big deal to most. And for those that do mind it they usually purchase the wheels anyways because the positives far outweigh it. Custom so available in any size, bolt pattern, and color. Made in the USA using the highest quality aluminum forgings. And affordable vs some of the other wheel brands mentioned.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 07-01-2021, 07:44 PM
Bryan K
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S

This guy gets it. Pay the best company, manufacturer, forge for the work, no matter where they are located.

IIRC correctly a lot of OEM and a bunch of aftermarket wheel companies use the Taiwanese or Vietnamese forges? They all get the same safety ratings in the US, German, EU, etc.
thesaintusa (07-03-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 08:27 PM
Watson
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan K
This guy gets it. Pay the best company, manufacturer, forge for the work, no matter where they are located.

IIRC correctly a lot of OEM and a bunch of aftermarket wheel companies use the Taiwanese or Vietnamese forges? They all get the same safety ratings in the US, German, EU, etc.
+1
thesaintusa (07-03-2021)
Old 07-02-2021, 02:22 AM
Luca84
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by WheelsB
The Rotiform PGT's are the perfect wheel for you in my opinion. Having the "Rotiform" script on the outer edge of the wheel isn't a big deal to most. And for those that do mind it they usually purchase the wheels anyways because the positives far outweigh it. Custom so available in any size, bolt pattern, and color. Made in the USA using the highest quality aluminum forgings. And affordable vs some of the other wheel brands mentioned.
What's a set $$$? The design is close but not identical, I'm not 100% convinced. I'm feeling crazy but wheels I feel are so important in the design of the car that they can make it or kill it. Especially the 991 that still has some nice classic lines but way more modern than a 997
Old 07-02-2021, 12:21 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 983 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Luca84
What's a set $$$? The design is close but not identical, I'm not 100% convinced. I'm feeling crazy but wheels I feel are so important in the design of the car that they can make it or kill it. Especially the 991 that still has some nice classic lines but way more modern than a 997
Not identical but pretty spot-on. The price will depend on the sizing and the color that you choose for it. Feel free to DM me so we can go through all the options and work out a quote.

Old 07-03-2021, 03:32 PM
AlexZTuned
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Luca84
What's a set $$$?
When a vendor won’t post prices publicly that usually means two things - it’s way more expensive than you think (probably 4-5x the cost of these eBay wheel), or they give “deals” on custom builds and don’t want too advertise the price differential between customer orders.

Quick Reply: Wheels on Ebay