991.2 TPMS question

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2019, 11:47 AM
Plasticky991
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991.2 TPMS question

Hi All,
I’m the new owner of a 2017 991.2 c2 and I just put new pilot sport 4S tires on. When I picked up the car the pressures just felt high and I did some reading on this site and I dropped them to 34 front 38 rear. The car is riding much better. However the TPMS sensor will not go off. It was all working well after the new tires were placed at the factory pressure, but not after I lowered them. It asks if I placed new tires on the car, I select yes, select comfort and then it reads “measure. runs” and will not read pressures. I have driven about 100 miles since the new tires have been placed and the measure runs reading will not clear and no pressure readings show. Rather than trekking back to the tire place I was hoping to get a helping hand from one of y’all. Thanks!
Old 12-25-2019, 12:08 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 555 Likes on 335 Posts

The system is quite accurate but a bit fiddly.

The “Comfort” setting is where you want to be for everyday driving. The manual recommended pressure for that setting is less than what you’re using.

Go to the manual tire section, find your model and read through the options to find the PSI numbers, 29/33 is what I use for my C4S Comfort. Make sure you have the cold pressure set per the manual. Google “911 comfort tire pressure” as alternative.

To get rid of the message, change out of Comfort setting, and then reset it back to Comfort. That got rid of a persistent low pressure reading message for me.

Of note, my tires have always been set on Comfort pressure and with 9k miles, are wearing well and even, plenty of tread left.

Last edited by BSO; 12-25-2019 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:30 PM
tosha
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

This is a bit off-topic, but on the base 991.2, spec 35-front, 45-rear psi is horrible. Stiff, bouncy, and I could easily spin the inner wheel/power oversteer on pilot sport 4S. After I installed the DSC pasm controller and changed alignment to -1.4° front -1.5° rear, with 0.04° front 0.14° rear toe in, 35/45 psi is great. The car is stable, and feels faster because it is more responsive, and I haven't gotten power oversteer I used to during aggressive driving. I highly recommend the DSC pasm controller and you won’t have to increase wear on your rear tires with lower tire pressure.

Quick Reply: 991.2 TPMS question