Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 Dundon Power package Test

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 08:33 PM
RLX_556
8th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking 991.2 GT3 Dundon Power package Test

Hello everyone! Please pardon any mistakes, as this is the first time I have published on Renlist. I recently did the full power package from Dundon on my 991.2 GT3 and figured the data would be of interest to everyone.

Products- Dundon catted Street headers, 93mm Throttle body, Plenum IMPORTANT NOTE: I am running factory center muffler, so i am loosing a little power over the Dundon Loud center.
Install- Was smooth, it does require some patience to ensure the plenum does not have any leaks. I would highly recommend using someone who has experience with Porsche vs a general speed shop.

Initial reaction: I felt that the car needed to learn a little bit. Once it did WOW was it a different animal. It really changed the tone of the car, and you can certainly feel the difference at the top of the rev range. Obviously a butt dyno doesn't do anyone good so i wanted to get some real data. We had a PCA club weekend right after install and i was with 3 friends 2 of which had bone stock GT3's so it was a great comparison on track. I also did some pre and post runs with a draggy and i wanted to share that data in the event it helps someone.

Stock GT3 60-130 runs PDK
1200Ft of elevation
65 degree ambient temps
Valid slope per Draggy
  • 9.23 seconds
  • 9.11 seconds
  • 9.32 seconds
  • 9.03 seconds

Dundon Package GT3 60-130 PDK
1200ft of elevation
67 ambient tempature
SAME ROAD as previous pulls done 2 days prior
Valid slope per Draggy
  • 8.70 seconds
  • 8.93 seconds
  • 8.42 seconds
  • 8.49 seconds
The biggest gains that I saw were in the 60-130 range and i consistently am faster with the set up. I will be the first to admit i did not think i would have much real performance gains in the data but the car just keeps getting stronger and stronger the more I run it.

Now onto lap times. Again , i didn't think i was going to notice anything so my expectations were pretty low. I know there is a lot of variables with this data but i found it interesting.

Brained International Raceway Long course
VMax on the long straight with my friends stock GT3 166mph
Vmax on the long straight with my dundon GT3 171mph
Same driver, Similar fuel loads. The data above was best case, however i will say the dundon car could consistently get 2 MPH over the stock car.

Lap times (i know hard to do apples to apples) But we tried!
1:45.88 stock GT3
1:44.53 Modified GT3
With this, we really looked at the Apex Pro data and overlaid the data to see if we were picking up MPH in corner exit/in. It was harder to tell but the Dundon car was always slightly ahead with the same driver and as close to the same fuel levels as possible. Laps were done back to back.

Over all, i would strongly recommend the power package. I was goinig to do just the headers at first, but im glad that i did the plenum and the new airbox. You can feel the car just breathes better, and i would imagine the thing really comes alive with a tune! The sound you get from the slower moving air inside that plenum is pretty cool. I think its safe to say everyone knows how good the exhaust/headers sound but it was a nice surprise to hear the sound of that airbox/plenum doing its thing!

I dont think anyone else can come close to the real world gains Dundon advertises (and i have tested). I have been impressed with the service and quality most importantly. The guys really know there stuff!

Please reach out if i can help. I have a lot of data i can share. I attempted to upload as much as i could here (NEWB) but happy to email it out to whoever needs it.

Thanks
Dan

997 C2S-Sold
991.1 TurboS- Sold
991.1 GT3- Sold
991.2 GT3
991.2 GT3RS (incoming, and it will 100% have this dundon set up as well)

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 Dundon Power package Test