Sponsored by:

G Force meter

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 05:04 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 666 Likes on 353 Posts
Default G Force meter

Does the 991.2 have the G-Force meter like (my) the 991.1? Does anyone know if all models have and if it depends on options like having Sports Chrono.?

Old 10-14-2019, 05:13 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by shammerman
Does the 991.2 have the G-Force meter like (my) the 991.1? Does anyone know if all models have and if it depends on options like having Sports Chrono.?
Yes the .2 has it and no, it does not look like sports chrono is required. From what I recall chrono gets you

-timing
-sports response
-launch control
-sports plus setting
-dynamic engine or transmission mounts
-dash wart
The following users liked this post:
shammerman (10-14-2019)
Old 10-14-2019, 07:07 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Wujohn
Yes the .2 has it and no, it does not look like sports chrono is required. From what I recall chrono gets you

-timing
-sports response
-launch control
-sports plus setting
-dash wart
Not sure this is correct. I do not have sports chrono in my 991.2 and I do not have a "G Forces" menu in my MFD (the display with the orange ball in the center of the circle). Strangely, I do have a maximum G force (max lateral and max longitudinal) history in the PCM under one of the Trip Information displays, but this only displays the max level recorded and not a real time readout as in the MFD.

If there is some trick way to get the G Force menu in the MFD, please let me know. I think you need the sport chrono option to see it.
shammerman (10-14-2019)
Old 10-14-2019, 07:20 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 606 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by DHL
Not sure this is correct. I do not have sports chrono in my 991.2 and I do not have a "G Forces" menu in my MFD (the display with the orange ball in the center of the circle). Strangely, I do have a maximum G force (max lateral and max longitudinal) history in the PCM under one of the Trip Information displays, but this only displays the max level recorded and not a real time readout as in the MFD.

If there is some trick way to get the G Force menu in the MFD, please let me know. I think you need the sport chrono option to see it.
Interesting. I thought it was standard. It's been on every 991 I've owned, two of which didn't have SC.

Last edited by Ceepe; 10-14-2019 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:31 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by DHL

Interesting - just did a quick google search and there was no mention of G-Force in the MFD as a feature of Chrono - maybe an oversight on Porsche's part with their marketing material.

https://www.porsche.com/usa/models/9...hrono-package/
Old 10-14-2019, 07:42 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,298 Likes on 1,052 Posts

Originally Posted by DHL

This is correct. You need SC for a G-Force meter in the MFD but you can read it in the PCM as DHL mentioned.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:52 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 116 Posts

Interesting - just did a quick google search and there was no mention of G-Force in the MFD as a feature of Chrono - maybe an oversight on Porsche's part with their marketing material.

https://www.porsche.com/usa/models/9...hrono-package/
Porsche has one of the most confusing and complex marketing presentation of any car company. Like putting the "Individual" function in with Sport Chrono. Without Individual, you cannot have the car remember your center console options like Sport mode, Start/stop, Exhaust mode. I have to push those bloody buttons every time I start the car because I do not have sport chrono with Individual. I suspect the G Force meter is the same.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:11 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

-timing
-sports response
-launch control
-sports plus setting
-dash wart
Only PDK cars have launch control.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:39 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,298 Likes on 1,052 Posts

-timing
-sports response
-launch control
-sports plus setting
-dash wart

I wanted to add a few off the top of my head....

Sport Response Button (pdk)
Launch control (pdk)
Rev matching in sport or sport + (MT)
G-force meter
Clock with lap timer
Sport screen on PCM for lap analysis (and draws laps on PCM screen as you go around)
Ability to download performance data to your laptop
Upshift indicator in MFD
Mode dial on steering wheel which also adds I-mode
Relaxed point at which PSM kicks in (i.e. allows more yaw)
Increases idle speed
Opens additional symposer tube for better sound in compartment.
Changes RPM limiter to sport from normal.
Rear axles steering, PASM, PDCC, PTM and PTV go to sport mode in sport + (Sport mode for PTM and PTV doesn't exist in a RWD carrera with a MT)

Rich_Jenkins (10-17-2019)
Old 10-17-2019, 07:14 PM
dsddcd
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Example of the PCM's Max Lateral & Longitudinal Acceleration (g) screen from a 991.2 Carrera S.

shammerman (10-17-2019)

Quick Reply: G Force meter