Notices
Sponsored by:

Xpel on headlights?

Old 07-14-2019, 12:51 PM
Jack F
User

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeMistry View Post
In our experience, Suntek is the most user friendly and consistent installation. XPEL would be next, and 3M is to follow assuming you get material that isnít defective. 3M adhesive has been unpredictable for us, especially 60Ē roll, and we no longer use the material
Thanks for chiming in Moe! Do you choose to apply the Suntek on the 911 headlights or are you comfortable using Xpel for the headlights? Iíve read thru past posts and seems like your shop covers the headlights almost all of the time. Thatís good to know that itís done regularly and not an issue.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:15 PM
Bxstr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I say go for it. Either you get chips, which can't be corrected, or you get delamination of the UV coating, which you could just polish/wetsand off and then put new clear film on top of.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:42 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack F View Post
Thanks for chiming in Moe! Do you choose to apply the Suntek on the 911 headlights or are you comfortable using Xpel for the headlights? Iíve read thru past posts and seems like your shop covers the headlights almost all of the time. Thatís good to know that itís done regularly and not an issue.
i think I can count on one hand the headlights we HAVENíT protected. And yes, weíre comfortable installing with both xpel and Suntek

Originally Posted by Bxstr View Post
I say go for it. Either you get chips, which can't be corrected, or you get delamination of the UV coating, which you could just polish/wetsand off and then put new clear film on top of.
Very well said...youíve been well-informed Sir
The following users liked this post:
Gary JR (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 01:45 PM
titan7
User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My 2 cents. I had Suntek applied to my headlights, 18 months later had the film replaced. The coating lifted small spot, on one of the lights during removal by a very skilled installer removing the film correctly, It can happen. The light was wet sanded, polished, and new film applied. Looks OEM, I canít see a damn thing other than a crystal clear, pit free lens.

Last edited by titan7; 07-14-2019 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:47 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by titan7 View Post
My 2 cents. I had Suntek applied to my headlights, 18 months later had the film replaced. The coating lifted small spot, on one of the lights during removal by a very skilled installer removing the film correctly, It can happen. The light was wet sanded, polished, and new film applied. Looks OEM, I canít see a damn thing oter than a crystal clear, pit free lens.
Murphyís Law titan7...of the thousands of 991 headlights Iíve done, go figure yours would be the first delam 😉

but the silver lining...if it passes your eyes, 99.999% of others wouldnít even see...so I guess itís a great example of when it actually does delam and itís repaired properly

it was worth the effort though...your original install was our v.2 and new one is v.4...as we constantly improve our technique and installs, it was a great refresh as v.4 is near undetectable custom installation
The following users liked this post:
Gary JR (07-14-2019)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: