Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   Sewickley Porsche (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1151901-sewickley-porsche.html)

DYSL 07-12-2019 03:09 AM

Sewickley Porsche

Any Rennlisters familiar with Sewickley Porsche? Experience there?

The have have a CPO car that I was hoping that someone can help me look at who is local.

The car has had gentle track use, so I was told. Hesitant to buy unless I can get eyes on it.

Thanks in advance

shammerman 07-12-2019 08:27 AM

Did you ask them if they were at those track events observing the driving of that car....? You may want an independent PPI.

PJ Cayenne 07-12-2019 08:45 AM

Gentle track use?

Bud Taylor 07-13-2019 10:12 AM

gentle track use

Seems like dating a stripper. Might be fun, probably not gonna last.

justabout 07-13-2019 11:24 AM

BMW side was good but had a less than optimal experience on the Porsche side about 4 years ago due to sales guy that didn’t have much experience or just not too bright. Probably no different than any dealership. I believe the service department has people with track experience.

justabout 07-13-2019 11:29 AM

Yeah, gentle track use seems analogous to saying “Government Intelligence”. They get points for disclosing this up front. Just make sure some part of the warranty has not been invalidated by modifications.

eltoshan 07-13-2019 12:31 PM

Sewickley Porsche’s service department is great, they service a lot of the track and race cars in the region. I haven’t had experience with sales staff first hand on the Porsche side, but their current sales manager sold me my first new car at Bobby Rahal BMW back in the day and I had a really good experience back then.

DYSL 07-13-2019 05:10 PM

Thanks folks for chiming in. It’s. CPO car so I generally feel comfortable with the car and since it’s through a dealer, I can always exercise a lemon law clause in the worst case scenario.

That being said, it was disclosed that there’s some road rash on the rear quarters, and that it was only on the clear bra. But I find it hard to believe that the paint had not suffered sole damage. That’s what I was hoping someone can help me with.

stout 07-13-2019 05:38 PM

Plenty of Porsches receive more/worse abuse on the street than they do on the track. Clutch abuse, hard on the shifter, pot holes, driven hard on cold oil, shut off with no cool-down, oil never changed, etc.

All depends on how it was driven...

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used Porsche that had been used on track. Would all come down to the PPI, the over-rev report, the way the shift linkage feels, any chance at meeting the owner or going for a ride with that owner, etc. YMMV, but these cars were made for track use. I do get a chuckle out of "gentle track use," but I guess there is such a thing.

tehone 07-13-2019 07:52 PM

I'm local and don't mind taking a look at the car for you. Email me: tehone@outlook.com to link up.

hduffy 07-13-2019 08:21 PM

On probably my 25h Porsche from them. First in 1979/80. 3 Now ('15 Cayenne Turbo, '15 Turbo S Cab, & '19 Targa 4 GTS 3 pedal.) Great dealership. Great service. I don't race but dealership filled with people who race. Car people first. Owner races! Service Mgr races! Sales Mgr races. Go there anytime and many racing Porsches in various states of work. Talk to Ron (salesman). Very low key & Dwight (Sales Mgr) and mention my name - Duffy. Original owner (since passed but son now owns) raced for Porsche team in the '70s. That said they are still a business.

https://www.sewickleyporsche.com/about-us/

Bxstr 07-14-2019 02:51 PM

I don't think lemon law is applicable on used cars. Only new cars that you are the first owner on. Someone else can chime in on this though.

Best of luck with the purchase. I am in Ohio, if I was closer, I would check it out for you.

911sccab 07-16-2019 12:16 PM

We ordered our '15 Targa 4S through them... we've also purchased 4 BMW's through them... they're great.

They are a business and I think it's fair to respect that... but we are very happy they are still in business and haven't been gulped up by a dealer conglomerate.

AdamSanta85 07-16-2019 12:22 PM

Pics?