Notices

Car wash in Irvine California

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 03:46 PM
AKawasaki
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Car wash in Irvine California

Relatively new to Irvine CA, and for the past 7 months I’ve relied on the car wash services of Porsche of Irvine and a service that comes to where I work in LA county. However, this has been sporadic due to timing and accessibility.

My car is filthy due to daily driving and the distance I drive between home and work. The HOA prohibits home car washing.

Been reviewing Yelp and there does not appear to be any stellar car wash services in Irvine CA. For those of you living in Irvine, which car wash services do you use/recommend? Appreciate the guidance.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:26 PM
K C
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

I'd like to know as well. Been using one in Irvine (Culver) but they tried to scam me by charging $5 extra.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:09 PM
MOWE
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

That’s awful regarding the HOA rules.
The following users liked this post:
sr5959 (07-08-2019)
Old 07-07-2019, 06:46 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Look for a quality detailer in your area. You want what they call a "maintenance wash". It will be about about $125.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:15 PM
GKGEIGER
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by AKawasaki
Relatively new to Irvine CA, and for the past 7 months I’ve relied on the car wash services of Porsche of Irvine and a service that comes to where I work in LA county. However, this has been sporadic due to timing and accessibility.

My car is filthy due to daily driving and the distance I drive between home and work. The HOA prohibits home car washing.

Been reviewing Yelp and there does not appear to be any stellar car wash services in Irvine CA. For those of you living in Irvine, which car wash services do you use/recommend? Appreciate the guidance.
Did you know about no car washing before you bought? I have experience with two different HOA’s right now, and one from before. I think that’s pretty radical. I wouldn’t last long there. I lived in one that sent me a letter because I had a few friends stop by on their Harleys. My response was FO.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:16 PM
The Pope
Holy Guru
Rennlist
Registered Pontiff

Received 43 Likes on 15 Posts

You should try them rather than trust Yelp reviews. Two decades ago, these people used to be quite good but now that Steve's is a franchise, you can only find out by trying them.

http://stevesnewportdetail.com/
Old 07-07-2019, 07:57 PM
dkhm3
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

Have u thought about those self washing stations? I see them everywhere here in OC
Old 07-07-2019, 08:10 PM
pishter
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ultimate custom car care

Try this place: https://ultimatecustomcarcare.com

I usually wash myself but if I'm in a pinch, I go there. Beware of a wait though.
Old 07-07-2019, 08:22 PM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Received 741 Likes on 385 Posts

...The HOA prohibits home car washing...
Dude, move! I love to wash my cars!
The following 2 users liked this post by sasilverbullet:
aft86 (07-09-2019), Isle in Dixie (07-14-2019)
Old 07-07-2019, 09:30 PM
AKawasaki
Advanced

Thanks all for the feedback.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:02 AM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 267 Posts

Use a "waterless" wash like ONR to maintain your car. Can be done in your garage away from the prying eyes of your HOA. I do this in between major washes to keep my car looking good. When it is super dirty, take it to a shop.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:33 AM
Cheshi143
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 145 Posts

I used to live in Irvine and had a place called Excess Look Auto Solutions take care of my maintenance washes. Was on a program for $100 per month and we got up to 5 washes per month. Every 3-6 months or so they would throw in a mini-detail for $50. (this price was for two cars and was auto-billed ($200) on the 1st)

Brandon was the manager and a real nice guy. We used to drop the car off in the morning before they opened and pick up at end of day after close (they have a lock box for keys).

They were located in a parking garage just off Von Karman near SNA.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:32 AM
Ronak Gorajia
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Best detailer in the Irvine area

I suggest using Alex Garcia dba Smart mobile detailer

He specializes in all high end cars and has a plethora of vehicles he maintains in the area. I have my car ceramic coated and ppf'd and he makes sure he pampers it with the right products and even applies Reload when necessary. Great guy and purely a enthusiast of paint maintainece. You won't regret it.

Even without ceramic coating he's excellent! I'm not sure if I can post his number here but if you PM me I can share it.

Or you can find him on Instagram @thesmartmobiledetailer
Old 07-08-2019, 08:08 PM
Zanotti
Instructor

Received 271 Likes on 98 Posts

I love that this list, that is Nationwide in scope, can solve a guy's local problem, with really good alternatives.....
Old 07-08-2019, 10:17 PM
AKawasaki
Advanced

Thank you all. Truly appreciate the guidance. I now have options to investigate and try-out.

Quick Reply: Car wash in Irvine California