Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   West US Rennlist Region (https://rennlist.com/forums/west-us-rennlist-region-97/)
-   -   Car wash in Irvine California (https://rennlist.com/forums/west-us-rennlist-region/1151157-car-wash-in-irvine-california.html)

AKawasaki 07-07-2019 03:46 PM

Car wash in Irvine California

Relatively new to Irvine CA, and for the past 7 months I’ve relied on the car wash services of Porsche of Irvine and a service that comes to where I work in LA county. However, this has been sporadic due to timing and accessibility.

My car is filthy due to daily driving and the distance I drive between home and work. The HOA prohibits home car washing.

Been reviewing Yelp and there does not appear to be any stellar car wash services in Irvine CA. For those of you living in Irvine, which car wash services do you use/recommend? Appreciate the guidance.

K C 07-07-2019 05:26 PM

I'd like to know as well. Been using one in Irvine (Culver) but they tried to scam me by charging $5 extra.

MOWE 07-07-2019 06:09 PM

That’s awful regarding the HOA rules.

LexVan 07-07-2019 06:46 PM

Look for a quality detailer in your area. You want what they call a "maintenance wash". It will be about about $125.

GKGEIGER 07-07-2019 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by AKawasaki (Post 15957387)
Relatively new to Irvine CA, and for the past 7 months I’ve relied on the car wash services of Porsche of Irvine and a service that comes to where I work in LA county. However, this has been sporadic due to timing and accessibility.

My car is filthy due to daily driving and the distance I drive between home and work. The HOA prohibits home car washing.

Been reviewing Yelp and there does not appear to be any stellar car wash services in Irvine CA. For those of you living in Irvine, which car wash services do you use/recommend? Appreciate the guidance.

Did you know about no car washing before you bought? I have experience with two different HOA’s right now, and one from before. I think that’s pretty radical. I wouldn’t last long there. I lived in one that sent me a letter because I had a few friends stop by on their Harleys. My response was FO.

The Pope 07-07-2019 07:16 PM

You should try them rather than trust Yelp reviews. Two decades ago, these people used to be quite good but now that Steve's is a franchise, you can only find out by trying them.

http://stevesnewportdetail.com/

dkhm3 07-07-2019 07:57 PM

Have u thought about those self washing stations? I see them everywhere here in OC

pishter 07-07-2019 08:10 PM

Ultimate custom car care

Try this place: https://ultimatecustomcarcare.com

I usually wash myself but if I'm in a pinch, I go there. Beware of a wait though.

sasilverbullet 07-07-2019 08:22 PM

...The HOA prohibits home car washing...

Dude, move! I love to wash my cars!

AKawasaki 07-07-2019 09:30 PM

Thanks all for the feedback.

Wujohn 07-08-2019 12:02 AM

Use a "waterless" wash like ONR to maintain your car. Can be done in your garage away from the prying eyes of your HOA. I do this in between major washes to keep my car looking good. When it is super dirty, take it to a shop.

Cheshi143 07-08-2019 02:33 AM

I used to live in Irvine and had a place called Excess Look Auto Solutions take care of my maintenance washes. Was on a program for $100 per month and we got up to 5 washes per month. Every 3-6 months or so they would throw in a mini-detail for $50. (this price was for two cars and was auto-billed ($200) on the 1st)

Brandon was the manager and a real nice guy. We used to drop the car off in the morning before they opened and pick up at end of day after close (they have a lock box for keys).

They were located in a parking garage just off Von Karman near SNA.

Ronak Gorajia 07-08-2019 07:32 AM

Best detailer in the Irvine area

I suggest using Alex Garcia dba Smart mobile detailer

He specializes in all high end cars and has a plethora of vehicles he maintains in the area. I have my car ceramic coated and ppf'd and he makes sure he pampers it with the right products and even applies Reload when necessary. Great guy and purely a enthusiast of paint maintainece. You won't regret it.

Even without ceramic coating he's excellent! I'm not sure if I can post his number here but if you PM me I can share it.

Or you can find him on Instagram @thesmartmobiledetailer

Zanotti 07-08-2019 08:08 PM

I love that this list, that is Nationwide in scope, can solve a guy's local problem, with really good alternatives.....

AKawasaki 07-08-2019 10:17 PM

Thank you all. Truly appreciate the guidance. I now have options to investigate and try-out.