Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just drove a Carrera T and Carrera S back to back. I have questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 01:56 AM
dchang81
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by _fletch
I agree in principal the buckets really make the ride feel harder almost like having stiffer springs which makes sense. I opted for the standard 4-ways which seem to be a nice middle ground between buckets and super comfy 18-ways. The feel of my T reminds me the most of my old 964 out of any modern 911s.

I'd take anything that Janko Lind guy says with a massive pinch of salt. He seems to want to come across as this super driving expert but doesn't know sh*t. Last video of his I saw he was mouthing off about how bad the grip was on the 992's Goodyear tires while he was doing these super-slow, novice-grade PAG lead/follows on a tiny little track somewhere in Sweden. I'm pretty sure the instructors just told him they were bad so he just regurgitated that as if it was his own observation when he's no-where near capable of feeling the difference.
Doesn't that describe most rennlisters and every YouTuber.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:59 AM
*991*
Pro

Received 190 Likes on 94 Posts

Isnt this why we all love Our Porsche 911 because there are so many different ways to make the car the way we want it. The only way to tell what you want is to drive as many diff configurations as u can and to purchase what is the best for you! I am so glad to be back in a 911 u guys are the most passionate car people in the world NO Doubt!!
The following 2 users liked this post by *991*:
mglane83 (07-09-2019), sr5959 (07-07-2019)
Old 07-07-2019, 10:51 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by mammothcar1
Thanks for all of the replies and feedback.
My wife and I spent all day Friday driving T, S and even a GT4.
Hands down, the T gave us the ride we were looking for, especially with the buckets.
Now we are on the hunt.
Ha! So you are OFFICIALY on the HUNT! Excellent! So... a couple of options I would suggest, from only owning mine a month but driving it a good distance in many siturations, are...

1. MT (Given)
2. PCCBs - OMG these STOP = They are amazing. Although only a handful of T's were ordered w them, if you can find one, then grab it.
3. 4WSS+ Seats = perfect for day to day usability. Zero regrets and I was majorly on the fence to option the LWBS.
4. RAS = +/-. I spec'd it from the factory, but to find one without it would not deal-breaker. People love the car with it and with out it
5. Sunroof = +/-

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 07-07-2019, 12:29 PM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 218 Posts

Loving my Carrera T. I will share my .02 cents on options.

RAS: makes the car feel smaller and turns in quick. Reminds me of a Cayman. I drove cars both with and without and I can feel the difference.

Sunroof: it’s a sports car and I enjoy driving with the top open and the added soundtrack of the sport exhaust. I have the steel and not the glass. I honestly don’t care about the fee extra pounds.

Seats: I have the standard 4 way Sport Plus and they fit me great. I am a big guy at 6’ 250lbs and they feel comfortable. I am sure that the buckets are amazing but I don’t think I could tolerate them all the time.

Good luck with the hunt!
The following users liked this post:
Zeus993 (07-08-2019)
Old 07-07-2019, 12:43 PM
GeoSnow
Track Day

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

I’d like to order a new 911 T however I’ve called 4 dealerships and “nobody has an allocation left”. Any suggestions for how to find a dealership that has an allocation I can use for my new build?
Old 07-07-2019, 01:44 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,351 Likes on 675 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoSnow
I’d like to order a new 911 T however I’ve called 4 dealerships and “nobody has an allocation left”. Any suggestions for how to find a dealership that has an allocation I can use for my new build?
allocations have been gone/over since Q1.
GeoSnow (07-07-2019)
Old 07-07-2019, 02:09 PM
*991*
Pro

Received 190 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoSnow
There are still many 911 T on dealer lots ... Good deals to be had
Old 07-07-2019, 02:35 PM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 426 Likes on 186 Posts

The T spoke to me due to simplicity. I always order stripper cars with no options. The T was exactly that, but had SPASM and PSE, love the cloth, short shifter, the idea that this was a Clubsport edition in ethos, little bits and parts that make it feel more driver focused. Mechanical rear differential and short shifter are my favorite aspects of the car, and it is the lightest new 911.....although not as much as some consider noticeable, it is still the lightest 991.2 and that makes me happy!

I wanted 4 seats and use them all the time, I take three kids in the car all the time, 12,9,2. If only offered in buckets, I would not have purchased, so we all have different criteria, decide on yours and enjoy.

GL
The following 4 users liked this post by seis-speed:
GeoSnow (07-07-2019), mglane83 (07-09-2019), sr5959 (07-07-2019), Zeus993 (07-08-2019)
Old 07-07-2019, 04:55 PM
GeoSnow
Track Day

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
allocations have been gone/over since Q1.
There is the answer I’ve been looking for. I think my hopes of building my dream car are dead (for now).
Old 07-07-2019, 05:22 PM
Hp12c
Racer

Received 225 Likes on 126 Posts

I would definitely check the dealer inventory within whatever radius you would consider... if you set it up on "pre owned", you see lots of new-inventory Carrera T's w/ dozens or hundreds of miles, wide variety of build specs, etc, at least if your area is anything like the NYC/NJ/PA/Conn area I'm in.

Maybe you can find one just like what you wanted, or with differences that you can live with.
GeoSnow (07-07-2019)
Old 07-07-2019, 09:27 PM
GeoSnow
Track Day

Originally Posted by Hp12c
I would definitely check the dealer inventory within whatever radius you would consider... if you set it up on "pre owned", you see lots of new-inventory Carrera T's w/ dozens or hundreds of miles, wide variety of build specs, etc, at least if your area is anything like the NYC/NJ/PA/Conn area I'm in.

Maybe you can find one just like what you wanted, or with differences that you can live with.
I’ll take that suggestion and give it a try. Thanks HP12C
Old 07-07-2019, 10:02 PM
Grantsfo
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 81 Posts

T as mentioned in many other posts is unique car and its uniqueness comes much from option packages that can be ordered on the car. LWB is commitment but makes T special, so does the manual gearbox with LSD . If ordered without lots of interior extras it's really a stripped down performance focused base car. It's a good starting point for weight reduction regime as well. Car gets to 3000 lbs pretty easily with a couple of changes with battery, exhaust system and lighter wheels.

If you can find a discounted manual with buckets without a sunroof it would be hard to go wrong getting a T.
GeoSnow (07-07-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 01:03 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

I would go with the T, IMO the special bits are cool (I guess I'm a sucker for them) and prefer the less boosted 3.0 engine
Zeus993 (07-08-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 05:25 PM
mammothcar1
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 48 Posts

We're on the hunt for sure.
We found one that fit most of our wants, but the dealer kept delaying the DME report with many excuses.
Things that make you go hmmm.

Here is our wish list, in order of importance.
M/T - must have
LWB - must have
PCCB - love to have ( not many out there)
RAS. - nice to have

We've been checking Rennlist, Porsche and all the other usual places.
If anyone has a spec like this and interested in selling, send me a PM.
Thank you.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:39 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by mammothcar1
We're on the hunt for sure.
We found one that fit most of our wants, but the dealer kept delaying the DME report with many excuses.
Things that make you go hmmm.

Here is our wish list, in order of importance.
M/T - must have
LWB - must have
PCCB - love to have ( not many out there)
RAS. - nice to have

We've been checking Rennlist, Porsche and all the other usual places.
If anyone has a spec like this and interested in selling, send me a PM.
Thank you.
This IS my spec. And I'm not remotely interested in selling!
(Sorry, couldn't resist...)
Just some more motivation for you to get it right!

Quick Reply: I just drove a Carrera T and Carrera S back to back. I have questions...