Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any options 991.2 owners regret not getting?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 03:07 PM
mwlmd
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by zunayed
I regret not getting the Steering Column Casing in Leather with Deviated Stitching and PCCBs on my T. In my defense, I didn't know about the Steering Column option and thought 9k was too expensive for yellow brakes smh...
$9k is very expensive for yellow calipers. However those calipers come with CCBs!

I never would have ordered PCCBs but now that I have had them they are amazing. For all the reasons everyone else has expressed.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:28 PM
sr5959
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 156 Posts

I’m waiting on a 2013 C2 to be delivered to me. The main option it doesn’t have which is going to be a problem for me is lack of rear camera. Haven’t had a car without this for years!

i also thought I’d miss the keyless start but on test drives it was actually quite fun to stick the 911 shaped key in the dash and twist, felt like a cool sequence! 😊
Old 06-12-2019, 04:42 PM
spyderbret
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by zunayed
I regret not getting the Steering Column Casing in Leather with Deviated Stitching and PCCBs on my T. In my defense, I didn't know about the Steering Column option and thought 9k was too expensive for yellow brakes smh...
I ordered my Carrera T as well and wish I had picked the PCCB's. That's really the only option I regret skipping.....
Old 06-12-2019, 06:09 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

I honestly think you'll be just fine with the car you purchased. Though you sure didn't give much time for input, being what, 4 hours before asking for advice and making the purchase?

I've purchased one CPO 911, a 2014 991.1 C4S. The things that ended up bothering me were interior color (beige), lack of Sport Chrono, and PDK. I think you'll be find with your color, you've got Sport Chrono, and PDK vs. manual is very much an individual thing.

I'd have a different set of advice if you were ordering, but since you purchased an existing car, I think most of the wish list advice in this thread really doesn't apply. With an existing car it's much more about what makes or breaks a purchase, not would be kind of nice to have.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:30 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by polobai
For me it was the multifunction steering wheel...I was able to add it afterwards but it was not the easiest or cheapest thing to do.
I didn't like the 991.1 multifunction wheel much, but the 991.2 MF wheel is great. It's the best of both 991.1 worlds, all the functionality without the added bulk, and if you have PDK (which I don't) proper paddles.

The biggest thing for me is that mode selector dial on the wheel, which is so much better than the center console buttons. However, you have to be the sort of person who drops back into "normal" if you're in traffic, but wants it in Sport+ if you're not limited by the car in front of you. If you're happy selecting Sport or Sport+ at the start of each drive and leaving it there, it's not that big a deal.

Originally Posted by PCA1983
But it still needs a wing.
Oh man. My taste in cars is stuck in the 90's, and I really really want a stylin' wing on my car. It's just that I'm aware that most of the aftermarket wings are purely cosmetic, and I'm aware that actually shelling out for one would be a total poser move. Even if no one else knew, I'd know.

Originally Posted by sr5959
I’m waiting on a 2013 C2 to be delivered to me. The main option it doesn’t have which is going to be a problem for me is lack of rear camera. Haven’t had a car without this for years!

i also thought I’d miss the keyless start but on test drives it was actually quite fun to stick the 911 shaped key in the dash and twist, felt like a cool sequence! 😊
I retrofitted a reversing camera to my 2014 C4S before I sold it. Ran about $2000 installed, and it worked fine. Depending on your PCM version, it may have inputs for a camera despite that not being an option at the time.

I found that I really like keyless entry. Not for the start, which is pretty much the same, but for opening the frunk without reaching for the fob, and for locking and unlocking the car without digging out the fob.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:26 AM
koven
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 172 Posts

after i lowered , i wish i had FAL
Old 06-13-2019, 01:43 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Congrats, Todd. Nice drive at 77k.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:04 AM
good2go
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

I’m in MN. I drive all year around and love heated seats and heated steering wheel.

Full leather is nice. Would be disappointed without it.

happy with all options: PDCC, RAS, SC, PSE, PCCB, PowerKit, full leather, contrast stitching, racing yellow gages, racing yellow seat belts, no sun roof.

you will be happy with any configuration. There is no one perfect 911.

Quick Reply: Any options 991.2 owners regret not getting?