Holy schnitzel! Cobb tune on T

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 09:10 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by BA73
Scottsdale or Chandler?
Scottsdale is too busy and hard to schedule. I go to Chandler, they're a new dealer and a bit of a drive but worth the schedule flexibility. They only have 2/3 Service Advisors. I've got a really close relationship with them.
Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I would not be too sure of that since PCNA would have to approve any major repairs and I doubt a dealer would risk lying or sending them false data. Don't get me wrong since I plan to tune my almost new car soon but I know and accept the risk.

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Im with Bob. The dealer wont pay for the parts and labor on their own dime if PCNA rejects the claim on drivetrain components. No matter how cool they think I am. Its pure business.
Now Champion supposedly warranties part on Giac tuned cars, only if there is no abuse, which can be loosely interpreted. I can see them sending new turbos, hell even a few pdk’s or motors but that ship could sail after a few big claims. They could fight it while my 911 is a brick in the garage and theres not much I could do except say “F it, heres $xx,xxx and fix it now”. I bet I could also be on the hook for labor at the dealer at 195$/hr. And I would be paying for lunch breaks if you know what I mean. Replaced motor automatically goes on the title as well.
This was carefully evaluated prior to modification, and like Bob, sometimes u gotta grab the huevos and do it. Its worth it. Just be mentally prepared to deal with the real possibilities of tuning. Maps less optimized than stock, occasional hiccups (minor or major), sub optimal performance if further bolt ons are added, warranty for stuff breaking etc. Going to jail for driving like an actual hooligan is another reality altogether.
My 2c
This is true but I have faith in my dealer. I asked before I modded and was told they only wouldn't warranty the parts I changed (headers, bypass pipes).. So if an exhaust leak were to happen, they'd deny that claim. As far as software goes they told me they have many customers with lightly to heavily modified 911's and Caymans. Many of which undergo warranty claims all the time unquestioned... Pretty much they are not against modding. They seem to be more into establishing good relationships due to being a new player.

Besides, I trust in Porsche engines/drivetrains not to blow over a software tune on stock turbos.. If you are a considerate person with your car you'll be fine... Don't bounce off the rev limiter constantly. Warm up engine, and overall car every time before driving hard. These are very strong cars. Not fragile at the slightest.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:11 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Sorry to derail the thread OP. I remember ripping around all day when I first installed my Cobb Stage 1 tune.

Wait till you open up that exhaust
Old 06-04-2019, 09:27 PM
Grantsfo
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Sorry to derail the thread OP. I remember ripping around all day when I first installed my Cobb Stage 1 tune.

Wait till you open up that exhaust
Man as an AX guy I’m worried about any more on boost WOT whomp! I think I can control current power delivery. ....more hp will mean way more tire to tame rear end.

I have sharkwerks exhuast and looking at cat bypass
Old 06-04-2019, 09:42 PM
pittspilot
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
..... Going to jail for driving like an actual hooligan is another reality altogether.
My 2c
This is the part that stops me. My 17 C2S MT is way more than I need for a daily street driver. I can’t imagine strapping on another 70-100 hp and tq to this car without it becoming seriously felonious in the speed department.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:48 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

The more the merrier! I once had a 725hp Viper and did burnouts at every stop light...I actually hoped for the light to turn red as I approached it. My wife and I chuckled about that the last time we were out when I turned off the traction control and stepped on it. Anyway, just because one has it doesn't mean one has to use it, but it does make for impressive acceleration while passing, etc. for short bursts. And the occasional burnouts.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:09 PM
pittspilot
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
The more the merrier! I once had a 725hp Viper and did burnouts at every stop light...I actually hoped for the light to turn red as I approached it. My wife and I chuckled about that the last time we were out when I turned off the traction control and stepped on it. Anyway, just because one has it doesn't mean one has to use it, but it does make for impressive acceleration while passing, etc. for short bursts. And the occasional burnouts.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a free country. And for a car guy who grew up during some grim times when 200 hp was a lot, it’s a great time to be a car guy. HP on, dudes!

Quick Reply: Holy schnitzel! Cobb tune on T