Old 06-03-2019, 08:18 PM
Jooniper
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power drainage 991.1 2013 carrera

I just purchased a 2013 911 carrera.
I already found some issues.
1. Battery died
- dealer promised me to replace for a new one, the battery is 6 years old.
2. However, what if this is a drainage issue?
- my dashboard, when you put your key you see the porsche carrera logo with side bodyline of 911, it doesn’t go off when I leave my car unlocked. Some may say “lock your car” but all the interior should completely go off even when I leave it unlocked. The interior lights go off but the dashboard is still on. Does anyone have this issue?
3. If this is an electrical problem, is it covered under warranty?

thanks

PS. Sorry if this is a wrong forum. I need help
Old 06-04-2019, 01:25 AM
flgfish
Pro

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

It's an old battery. Don't worry about it unless you continue to have issues with your new battery. A lot of features you're talking about - lights staying on for certain lengths of time, etc - are programmable in the car settings.
Old 06-04-2019, 04:47 AM
Jooniper
Advanced

Originally Posted by flgfish
It's an old battery. Don't worry about it unless you continue to have issues with your new battery. A lot of features you're talking about - lights staying on for certain lengths of time, etc - are programmable in the car settings.
I tried all the settings, it won’t go off. Interior lightings go off, but not the multifunction dashboard.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:13 PM
flgfish
Pro

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I'm not sure what you're talking about, to be honest. Do you have Entry & Drive? Maybe the car senses the key if you're near. It seems like you're searching for a reason as to why a 6 year old battery died? That's normal battery behavior.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:32 PM
Jooniper
Advanced

Originally Posted by flgfish
I'm not sure what you're talking about, to be honest. Do you have Entry & Drive? Maybe the car senses the key if you're near. It seems like you're searching for a reason as to why a 6 year old battery died? That's normal battery behavior.
I am replacing my battery. It’s a different issue that my dashboard multifunction screen doesn not go off when I leave my car unlocked. I was wondering if that is the reason for power drainage
Old 06-04-2019, 01:54 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Jooniper
I am replacing my battery. It’s a different issue that my dashboard multifunction screen doesn not go off when I leave my car unlocked. I was wondering if that is the reason for power drainage
Did you purchase this at a Porsche dealer. If so, have them look at your dash light issue when they swap the battery. The dash lights should go off after a little while after turning the car off, doors locked or unlocked. If you did not purchase it at a Porsche dealer, I would get it to a trained Porsche technician (dealer or indy) who can take a look.

Quick Reply: Power drainage 991.1 2013 carrera