Sponsored by:

Journey back to a P Car

Old 06-02-2019, 01:22 PM
mgmarsh39
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Journey back to a P Car

Hi all,

Longtime 944 guy here, as my first car was an 84'. After selling my 87' (had 3 944s throughout college) about 10 years ago, I hadn't been back in a P Car since. Obviously I always wanted a 911, but never really had the means. Finally after some time... I put a deposit on a 2012 991 C2S! I couldn't be more excited!

Debating on which 911 to get has been quite a journey, and I think I found the right one for me. I put the specs below, so let me know what you think.

I'm local in the Dallas area, so am doing the deal with RAC Performance. Seen mixed reviews here on Rennlist, but so far they have been great to deal with. They are installing a new clutch, performing a full service, and replacing the front bumper as it has some deep scratches and a small ding included in the sales price. I did notice the side view mirrors are tinged brown, which indicates the auto dim material has seeped out, but they are still usable.

The deal should be done early next week, and since I'm in the process of moving, I will most likely pick up the car the week of the 10th. Hope to get a lot of pics and vids of my journey to share with everyone!

Back in 14' I got to attend the concours d'elegance at Pebble Beach (bucket list). We stayed in Monterrey and had a really nice time, but had crap rental. I plan on going back to Big Sur with my wife and son, and have the 911 shipped over to enjoy it on those amazing roads.

I look forward to joining the community again! Thanks for reading.

Old 06-02-2019, 01:51 PM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 182 Posts

Congratulations and welcome! Beautiful car!!
Old 06-02-2019, 02:28 PM
911CFE
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice car. I was looking at RAC cars and ultimately decided I wanted a CPOd car. Bought a 991.1 this past week myself. How long has this car been with them?

on a separate note, I had a tough time trying to find a 991.1 cpo’d car with low miles that were reasonable in price. I am by no means an expert but initial thought is 5 years from now these will start appreciating - only a matter of time. Clearly this is. a debated topic, but early signs seems to be positive.

congratulations!

below are my specs (a couple of things I would have liked different, but can’t be picky when you are looking for a deal!):

BASE - The new 911 Carrera S

031 - Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) with PASM sport suspension

176 - Sport Exhaust System

250 - Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)

276 - Automatically dimming mirrors

342 - Seat heating (front)

425 - Rear windshield wiper

427 - 20-inch Carrera Classic wheel

446 - Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest

541 - Seat Ventilation (Front)

603 - Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)

625 - Porsche Entry & Drive

630 - Light Design Package

636 - ParkAssist (front and rear)

640 - Sport Chrono Package

651 - Electric sunroof

658 - Power Steering Plus

672 - Navigation Module

748 - Electric folding exterior mirrors

844 - Multi-function Steering Wheel

N4 - Dark Blue Metallic

P07 - Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)

P37 - BOSE® Audio Package

P3C - Premium Package Plus with Adaptive Sport Seats Plus

UZ - Luxor Beige leather interior

XRP - Wheel spacers, 5 mm

XSC - Porsche Crest on headrests
Old 06-02-2019, 02:32 PM
rymorg
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Great looking car! Enjoy!
Old 06-02-2019, 02:36 PM
Mojo.K
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Congrats, great price too.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:33 PM
David in Talent
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations !! GREAT specs. I have all of the options on your car and spec's it from the factory . You will LOVE your car and the way it handles ......!!!
Old 06-02-2019, 10:40 PM
mgmarsh39
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by JW911
Congratulations and welcome! Beautiful car!!
thanks!

Originally Posted by 911CFE
Nice car. I was looking at RAC cars and ultimately decided I wanted a CPOd car. Bought a 991.1 this past week myself. How long has this car been with them?

on a separate note, I had a tough time trying to find a 991.1 cpo’d car with low miles that were reasonable in price. I am by no means an expert but initial thought is 5 years from now these will start appreciating - only a matter of time. Clearly this is. a debated topic, but early signs seems to be positive.

congratulations!

below are my specs (a couple of things I would have liked different, but can’t be picky when you are looking for a deal!):

BASE - The new 911 Carrera S

031 - Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) with PASM sport suspension

176 - Sport Exhaust System

250 - Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)

276 - Automatically dimming mirrors

342 - Seat heating (front)

425 - Rear windshield wiper

427 - 20-inch Carrera Classic wheel

446 - Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest

541 - Seat Ventilation (Front)

603 - Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)

625 - Porsche Entry & Drive

630 - Light Design Package

636 - ParkAssist (front and rear)

640 - Sport Chrono Package

651 - Electric sunroof

658 - Power Steering Plus

672 - Navigation Module

748 - Electric folding exterior mirrors

844 - Multi-function Steering Wheel

N4 - Dark Blue Metallic

P07 - Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)

P37 - BOSE® Audio Package

P3C - Premium Package Plus with Adaptive Sport Seats Plus

UZ - Luxor Beige leather interior

XRP - Wheel spacers, 5 mm

XSC - Porsche Crest on headrests
nice spec. It’s only been there a week or so as far as I’m aware. I was specifically looking for a 7speed manual c2s. Non black, as my last 3 cars have been black and I’m sick of the upkeep.

Originally Posted by rymorg
Congrats! Great looking car! Enjoy!
thanks!

Originally Posted by Mojo.K
Congrats, great price too.
Thanks! I thought so too, specifically with the new clutch and bumper replace.

Originally Posted by David in Talent
Congratulations !! GREAT specs. I have all of the options on your car and spec's it from the factory . You will LOVE your car and the way it handles ......!!!
Awesome feedback thanks! It was my first 991 drive experience and loved it. The sport exhaust sound is killer.
im coming out of a f06 m6 and the power difference is significant but the c2s is so much more fun to drive. Can’t wait to get a track day in.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:26 PM
cpbmd
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by mgmarsh39
Hi all,

Longtime 944 guy here, as my first car was an 84'. After selling my 87' (had 3 944s throughout college) about 10 years ago, I hadn't been back in a P Car since. Obviously I always wanted a 911, but never really had the means. Finally after some time... I put a deposit on a 2012 991 C2S! I couldn't be more excited!

Debating on which 911 to get has been quite a journey, and I think I found the right one for me. I put the specs below, so let me know what you think.

I'm local in the Dallas area, so am doing the deal with RAC Performance. Seen mixed reviews here on Rennlist, but so far they have been great to deal with. They are installing a new clutch, performing a full service, and replacing the front bumper as it has some deep scratches and a small ding included in the sales price. I did notice the side view mirrors are tinged brown, which indicates the auto dim material has seeped out, but they are still usable.

The deal should be done early next week, and since I'm in the process of moving, I will most likely pick up the car the week of the 10th. Hope to get a lot of pics and vids of my journey to share with everyone!

Back in 14' I got to attend the concours d'elegance at Pebble Beach (bucket list). We stayed in Monterrey and had a really nice time, but had crap rental. I plan on going back to Big Sur with my wife and son, and have the 911 shipped over to enjoy it on those amazing roads.

I look forward to joining the community again! Thanks for reading.

Super Build. You will love it. I also have a white 911 2013 with PSE and manual transmission. I drove 350 miles this weekend around Vermont.
The sound is amazing.
Drive it in good health. Post lots of pictures.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Journey back to a P Car