Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reapplying rear badging

Old 06-01-2019, 10:12 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by KP993

This is what I did. Bought the GTS badge from Suncoast.
Did you order your car model designation delete?
Old 06-01-2019, 10:58 AM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

This is what I did. Bought the GTS badge from Suncoast.
Did you leave the PORSCHE in its original spot and simply put the GTS below?
Old 06-02-2019, 03:50 AM
KP993
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Did you order your car model designation delete?
Originally Posted by eysa
Did you leave the PORSCHE in its original spot and simply put the GTS below?
Yes and yes.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:26 AM
LexVan
Banned

Yes and yes.
Ok. That explains why the "GTS" looks low on your bumper. When a car is ordered model designation delete (as mine was, too) the "PORSCHE" is shifted down slightly by about 13mm.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:53 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Ok. That explains why the "GTS" looks low on your bumper. When a car is ordered model designation delete (as mine was, too) the "PORSCHE" is shifted down slightly by about 13mm.
I believe the placement of his "GTS" is same as the factory location of the "Carrera" emblem so i don't see how the "GTS" looks "low".
Old 06-02-2019, 03:34 PM
LexVan
Banned

I believe the placement of his "GTS" is same as the factory location of the "Carrera" emblem so i don't see how the "GTS" looks "low".
It is not in the factory location, since a model designation delete car starts with the Porsche badge already lower.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:50 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

It is not in the factory location, since a model designation delete car starts with the Porsche badge already lower.
What i'm saying is since he left the "PORSCHE" in the factory location and simply removed the "911 Carrera GTS" then put the "GTS" where the "Carrera" was originally then the "GTS" should be at the same height at the factory "Carrera" location not lower.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:57 PM
KP993
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 13 Posts

What i'm saying is since he left the "PORSCHE" in the factory location and simply removed the "911 Carrera GTS" then put the "GTS" where the "Carrera" was originally then the "GTS" should be at the same height at the factory "Carrera" location not lower.
LexVan is right. Mine has the model designation delete option so the placement of PORSCHE from factory is lower than yours with model designation. So if you remove the 911 CARRERA GTS and replace with GTS than the location should be perfect.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:57 PM
LexVan
Banned

His car is a model designation delete car. It never had anything else except the PORSCHE.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:14 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

His car is a model designation delete car. It never had anything else except the PORSCHE.
My apologies I didn't realize that. I thought his was like mine which has the "PORSCHE 911 Carrera GTS".
Old 09-07-2020, 04:32 PM
dziring
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche GTS

I just bought a Chalk 2019 Carrera GTS with 1,500 miles. The original owner was a Porsche exec, and the car was ordered completely debadged for some reason. I just ordered the Porsche and GTS badges from Suncoast and would like to do a badging job similar to the original poster. I’m taking my car to be done at a Porsche certified auto body place. I assume they will have the template? Are the badges to be arranged so that the space between the Porsche and GTS lines up horizontally across the center of the rear deck lid between the taillights?
Old 09-07-2020, 05:04 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Originally Posted by dziring
I just bought a Chalk 2019 Carrera GTS with 1,500 miles. The original owner was a Porsche exec, and the car was ordered completely debadged for some reason. I just ordered the Porsche and GTS badges from Suncoast and would like to do a badging job similar to the original poster. I’m taking my car to be done at a Porsche certified auto body place. I assume they will have the template? Are the badges to be arranged so that the space between the Porsche and GTS lines up horizontally across the center of the rear deck lid between the taillights?
There are many threads here you can search for about badges if you want some info, and chuckles as well since there are many of us who have deviated from the norm. Yours though is an easy one and call your shop to be sure they have the template since doing it without one can be a challenge to say the least. There is more to the original badges other than PORSCHE and GTS though so if you want it to be exactly as it was delivered you would have to look at the build info since when ordered you always get PORSCHE, which is centered side to side and top to bottom in that area, or PORSCHE and 911 Carrera GTS on the 2nd line unless it is an all wheel drive car and if so add a "4" before the GTS. Here is what came on the back on my Targa when delivered:

Old 09-07-2020, 05:11 PM
dziring
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you! I like the clean look of "Porsche" and "GTS" but when I looked at the OP's photo, the GTS just seems a bit too low and I'd like them positioned the way you have yours.
Old 09-07-2020, 05:11 PM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

You will need to buy new one and as other members mentioned, you really can't install them yourself. you will need a special tools to align properly.
One of my buddy did with matte black vinyl which you can do it yourself so it could be alternative option for you. Here is a picture of mine with GTS only (dealer installed).

Old 09-07-2020, 05:46 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Maybe it is the angle you took the pic but the GTS does not look proper to me. The "T" should be centered on the "S" above and the others straight - the "G: looks like it is leaning one way and the "S" the other.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: reapplying rear badging