PSM Navigation - inaccurate location

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 10:04 AM
Georgeore
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default PSM Navigation - inaccurate location

Hello everyone,

Recently picked up my first Porsche, a 2015 4 GTS, and love everything about the car. I am learning a lot from this forum so thank you to everyone for sharing your knowledge. I have been reading a lot and used the various DIYs to complete the 4 year service myself. Dealer wanted $1950 which seemed excessive for oil change, spark plugs and a couple of air/cabin filters.

Now to my question, I had the car out the other day and after some spirited acceleration, I noticed the GPS was inaccurate in that it was showing my location as approximately 1/4 mile from where I actually was. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this and if there is a solution outside of taking the car to the dealer.

My first thought was perhaps I accidentally loosened something when replacing the cabin air filter but this is just a guess.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:20 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

$1,950 is not too bad for a true 40K dealership service. Did that include engine air filters? Brake fluid flush?

Nothing in the filter area that would adversly effect GPS.

Did you try a recalibration?

Congrats on the new car!
Old 05-27-2019, 04:09 PM
smichael
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Georgeore
Hello everyone,

Recently picked up my first Porsche, a 2015 4 GTS, and love everything about the car. I am learning a lot from this forum so thank you to everyone for sharing your knowledge. I have been reading a lot and used the various DIYs to complete the 4 year service myself. Dealer wanted $1950 which seemed excessive for oil change, spark plugs and a couple of air/cabin filters.

Now to my question, I had the car out the other day and after some spirited acceleration, I noticed the GPS was inaccurate in that it was showing my location as approximately 1/4 mile from where I actually was. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this and if there is a solution outside of taking the car to the dealer.

My first thought was perhaps I accidentally loosened something when replacing the cabin air filter but this is just a guess.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you have a dash cam or radar detector near the rear view mirror on a cab (that’s where their GPS antenna is) that will interfere with GPS satellite reception. Check Nav Information screen to see how many satellites it’s seeing and if you are using a GPS device nearby disconnect it and see the # goes up in 5 minutes or so.

Quick Reply: PSM Navigation - inaccurate location