Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I keep getting a warning that my cab top is not closed

Old 05-17-2019, 01:09 PM
ttlwh
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I keep getting a warning that my cab top is not closed

Hi all. 2016 C4S Cab. I've had it for about a year and love it, but I keep getting this warning. It has happened five times over the last year.
The first two were warnings to stop the car and close the top. The next two were to slow down (under 31 mph) and re-latch the top. In all four instances, this would occur with the top completely up and immediately after hitting a rough area of road at 65-70 mph. Larger than normal expansion joint, going over a bridge with a less than optimal transition with the road before and after, etc.
Whenever I get the warning and slow down, and pull up on the close button, I actually hear the motor run for about a second, but the top is already completely latched. And yes, I am very sure that whenever I close the top, I hold the close button until it is fully closed.
So I just took it in to the dealer a few days ago for an annual oil change and about five miles before I get there I hit a bumpy stretch of some road construction and sure enough I get the warning to slow down and relatch the top. I left it alone so I could show my SA the problem. The answer was "Found fault in instrument cluster 00A232: Warning, convertible top not at end position because speed is too high." Not that I was driving too fast - but that I was going too fast when I closed it. Which makes no sense because if you are going over 31 mph it will not operate.
Didn't make a lot of sense to me, because whenever I close the top it always closes completely. Regardless, they wen't thru the recommended alignment procedure and said all was well.
On the way home going 75 on a road as smooth as silk I got the same warning again.
So - before I drive 300 miles round trip to go back to the dealer, has anyone had a similar problem, and what was the fix?
Love this forum!
Old 05-17-2019, 08:59 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Do you have a SmartTop controller? If not, installing one may not fix your problem but it will surely be a benefit!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I keep getting a warning that my cab top is not closed