Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   Hit and run in the parking lot (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1143253-hit-and-run-in-the-parking-lot.html)

mkpierro 05-15-2019 11:15 PM

Hit and run in the parking lot

Someone was nice enough to back into me in the parking lot today and drive away. Does anyone have a recommendation for a body shop in or near Morris County NJ. Thanks
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...5c352f0c43.jpg

mymac 05-15-2019 11:48 PM

That just sucks!!!!

fappds 05-16-2019 12:32 AM

Bens autobody in haledon NJ they are porsche certified.

achtung6 05-16-2019 12:34 AM

So sorry to see this....as a fellow GBM owner. Thankfully, that can be considered minimal damage. Still very sad to see.

Porsche_nuts 05-16-2019 05:36 AM

Many stores have cams. Check to see if anyone has a tape of the incident and go after the bum.

Joec500 05-16-2019 05:43 AM

Also that's pretty minimal damage, you might consider a high quality bumper repair place, we have a few here in California that do great work at your home. That repair would cost about 300-400 dollars and won't show up on a CarFax.

PTS-BRG 05-16-2019 06:53 AM

If you had a Dashcam for $300 there would be someone out there about to be arrested and happy to pay for your repair and your loaner..

Get a Dashcam man..

Penn4S 05-16-2019 07:09 AM

That is a lame, lowlife act of cowardice to hit and run.

Body Motion Ocean Township. They are a Porsche Collision Center. They live and die Porsche. Great place. They race Porsche's too.

GKGEIGER 05-16-2019 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG (Post 15844100)
If you had a Dashcam for $300 there would be someone out there about to be arrested and happy to pay for your repair and your loaner..

Get a Dashcam man..

Where I live if you are on private property you’re on your own. The police won’t do anything.

PTS-BRG 05-16-2019 07:44 AM

I don't know if a parking lot is considered private property or not, but I am pretty certain that it doesn't matter where you are...if someone hits your car and leaves the scene of the crime it is against the law.
That is destruction of private property, fleeing the scene of an accident, hit and run, and I am sure several other crimes. If you had the guy on tape with his car, they would track him down..

white6speed 05-16-2019 07:50 AM

I had a friend from Long Island and his wife used to think a tap like that was Ok to drive off, after all the car still would run. She once rear ended a car and just drove around them after they stopped.
A Colors on Parade guy could fix that in your driveway and you would never know.

GKGEIGER 05-16-2019 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG (Post 15844137)
I don't know if a parking lot is considered private property or not, but I am pretty certain that it doesn't matter where you are...if someone hits your car and leaves the scene of the crime it is against the law.
That is destruction of private property, fleeing the scene of an accident, hit and run, and I am sure several other crimes. If you had the guy on tape with his car, they would track him down..

I have been hit in a Mall parking lot and the person that did it was right there. I called the local police and was told to exchange Insurance cards and work it out on our own. "We don't respond to incidents on private property" is what I was told. Check with your local police dept.

PTS-BRG 05-16-2019 08:00 AM

But, the offender didnt flee the scene. In cases like that you are on your own to exchange info and let the courts/ins companies work it out. If the offender had left the scene the police would have to get involved to track down the offender and it would be an additional violation for leaving the scene of the accident.

Gofishracing 05-16-2019 09:38 AM

RSR in Wyckoff stunning work. NNJR supporter- I don't know anyone in your direct area

LexVan 05-16-2019 09:47 AM

Take pictures to document the cosmetic repair (for future buyer). That repair will be about $800. Maybe you can remove the bumper, and hand carry into the repair facility and save a little $. Depending on your year/mileage, it would be a good time to repace your engine air filters.

This is a Comp claim on your insurance (lower deduct) and not collision.