Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   My experience with Fabspeed (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1142470-my-experience-with-fabspeed.html)

gskv 05-10-2019 10:00 PM

My experience with Fabspeed

I didn't think I'd be annoyed enough to write a review about a vendor here, but here I am. I probably should've brought this up to them directly, but I believe that if someone is dealing with super cars, they should know how to treat customers right, the first time.

Coming from the BMW crowd, BoostAddict and even someone doing a paid advertisement on Fabspeed...I thought, "They had some cool videos in the past and got me while I was young. Let's give them a try."

Anyway, here's what I purchased:

Bypass Pipes
Fabspeed tune

The purchasing process was regular. Nothing spectacular. Parts arrived, it sat in my home, and now Spring is here I am deciding to mod.

The pipes had terrible fitment. The angle was way off. I didn't bother complaining, but I wouldn't recommend their parts. Better off going to Soul. Luckily, there is a TIG welder available at my disposal; we did some adjustments and piped it up.

The tune process was normal, but I wanted to talk to the tuner. This is not possible--I was told the tuner is not a people person and cannot be reached. This made me feel extremely uneasy, whatever. In my 10 years of tuning, I've never been shielded away from a tuner. A clear lack of transparency.

I didn't want to post this until now, but now that the ECU is en route in UPS' hands, I thought I'd share. They didn't overnight ship this back to me, I thought this is a courteous gesture. What the hell is this all about? I don't even think an excuse is possible for this other than they're just cheap. It's not mistake to say that this is an oversight considering you're dealing with super cars all day.

In short, the pipes had poor fitment. The tuning process is questionable at best, and the lack of transparency doesn't make me feel easy. Based on the feedback on the Fabspeed tune on here, I'm most likely going to be going with a Cobb Tune if this doesn't work out. It just doesn't make me feel comfortable at all.

I do not recommend giving your money to these guys if you're looking for either a tune or any pipes. Or maybe, everyone already knew this.

Psorcery 05-10-2019 10:04 PM

Your fault for going with a ghetto tune. I'm not backing fabspeed in any way or form but you sound like shill for Soul.

LexVan 05-10-2019 10:53 PM

This thread has potential.

LargePuppy 05-10-2019 11:15 PM

Ooooh this is good! Rockets Warriors on big screen, drama here in the small screen!

NJ991 05-10-2019 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by LargePuppy (Post 15832889)
Ooooh this is good! Rockets Warriors on big screen, drama here in the small screen!

I’m with you man. Hope the Rockets push this to game 7, they can take them down. Oh, yeah, this thread, let’s see what happens.

Bob Z. 05-10-2019 11:45 PM

I didn't even know Fabspeed had a tune. Where are you located? I am sure there are others in your area with tuner experience that can help you find something else.

Anyway, I would bring this up to them and see what reponse you get and update this thread. I have Soul cats on my car but I think it is fair to give them a chance, and many use their headers no matter what anyone says.

NJ991 05-11-2019 12:04 AM

I agree with Bob. Talk to them. They seem to be very active on these forums and seem helpful. That’s the extent of what I know about them. They probably would’ve shipped you new pipes and I’m not sure about the tune. Seems like a canned tune from possibly some third party.

Tecni 05-11-2019 01:37 AM

I have Fabspeed cat-delete pipes and although they won’t be winning any TIG-welding awards anytime soon, they get the job done perfectly.

As for getting a tune tune from them... You must be out of your mind.

Tay101 05-11-2019 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by gskv (Post 15832733)
I didn't think I'd be annoyed enough to write a review about a vendor here, but here I am. I probably should've brought this up to them directly, but I believe that if someone is dealing with super cars, they should know how to treat customers right, the first time.

Coming from the BMW crowd, BoostAddict and even someone doing a paid advertisement on Fabspeed...I thought, "They had some cool videos in the past and got me while I was young. Let's give them a try."

Bypass Pipes
Fabspeed tune

The purchasing process was regular. Nothing spectacular. Parts arrived, it sat in my home, and now Spring is here I am deciding to mod.

The pipes had terrible fitment. The angle was way off. I didn't bother complaining, but I wouldn't recommend their parts. Better off going to Soul. Luckily, there is a TIG welder available at my disposal; we did some adjustments and piped it up.

The tune process was normal, but I wanted to talk to the tuner. This is not possible--I was told the tuner is not a people person and cannot be reached. This made me feel extremely uneasy, whatever. In my 10 years of tuning, I've never been shielded away from a tuner. A clear lack of transparency.

I didn't want to post this until now, but now that the ECU is en route in UPS' hands, I thought I'd share. They didn't overnight ship this back to me, I thought this is a courteous gesture. What the hell is this all about? I don't even think an excuse is possible for this other than they're just cheap. It's not mistake to say that this is an oversight considering you're dealing with super cars all day.

In short, the pipes had poor fitment. The tuning process is questionable at best, and the lack of transparency doesn't make me feel easy. Based on the feedback on the Fabspeed tune on here, I'm most likely going to be going with a Cobb Tune if this doesn't work out. It just doesn't make me feel comfortable at all.

I do not recommend giving your money to these guys if you're looking for either a tune or any pipes. Or maybe, everyone already knew this.

I have to ask, what kind of research did you do in order to decide to go with a Fabspeed tune?

koven 05-11-2019 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by NJ991 (Post 15832914)
I’m with you man. Hope the Rockets push this to game 7, they can take them down. Oh, yeah, this thread, let’s see what happens.

lol no KD and scoreless curry 1st half still lost, they couldnt have asked for a better chance, what a choke

997c2sla 05-11-2019 02:30 AM

I had an issue with Fabspeed in the past.
They stepped up and gave me a discount on a tip that fell off.
Can't comment on the tune but i m very happy that James Harden and Chris Paul lost.
They will always be losers;)

Wujohn 05-11-2019 02:40 AM

Doesn't Fabspeed just repackage the GIAC tune? That's what I recall them doing when it was released. In any case, the post doesn't come across very well. If it were me, I would have reached out to the vendor to see if they could remedy the issue first before calling them out. Just my opinion, which is worth the paper it was written on...

Randy M 05-11-2019 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by gskv (Post 15832812)
you've got quite the big anus there

What am I reading here....:roflmao:

NJ991 05-11-2019 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by koven (Post 15833095)
lol no KD and scoreless curry 1st half still lost, they couldnt have asked for a better chance, what a choke

Unbelievable. No excuses. Terrible loss

DOUGLAP1 05-11-2019 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tecni (Post 15833084)
I have Fabspeed cat-delete pipes and although they won’t be winning any TIG-welding awards anytime soon, they get the job done perfectly.

As for getting a tune tune from them... You must be out of your mind.

I'll second this one. The headers on my 986 cracked at multiple welds after about 2 years of use. I had them repaired by a local race car shop who as a great welder and engineering student.He showed me where the original welds looked good on the outside, but had lack of penetration through the weld area. I am guessing they MIG rather than TIG there welds.

I sent a complaint with photos to Fabspeed, and they responded that if I had sent the headers back to them, they would have repaired them. Fair enough, but I think I'd still rather have the excellent local TIG welder's work.

I still like the complete Fabspeed system, but just know you may have some crap welds.

Guards_Red_991 05-11-2019 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by NJ991 (Post 15832972)
I agree with Bob. Talk to them. They seem to be very active on these forums and seem helpful. That’s the extent of what I know about them. They probably would’ve shipped you new pipes and I’m not sure about the tune. Seems like a canned tune from possibly some third party.

I talked to them three times when I had a similar issue... They told me the same thing in different ways: "You are out of luck, but for an additional $1000 we can send you something else that may fix your issue".

Once they get your money you will be on your own.

NJ991 05-11-2019 04:55 PM

That’s bad customer service, the least to say. Surprised they haven’t popped in here about this.

Rennolazine 05-11-2019 06:08 PM

Phil, hook this guy up please.

Penn4S 05-11-2019 07:29 PM

First question Why buy a tune from a shop not known for software tuning especially if you already done some Cobb research?
Second question if the quality of the work is as many pointed out with sub par welds why would anyone buy or keep the stuff? Is it cheap? No.
Last question who buys thousands of dollars worth of stuff, doesn't check it out and then when not happy posts a negative thread here?

Guards_Red_991 05-11-2019 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Penn4S (Post 15834359)
First question Why buy a tune from a shop not known for software tuning especially if you already done some Cobb research?
Second question if the quality of the work is as many pointed out with sub par welds why would anyone buy or keep the stuff? Is it cheap? No.
Last question who buys thousands of dollars worth of stuff, doesn't check it out and then when not happy posts a negative thread here?

You drive on roads you pay for... I bet you complain when they are not good enough, especially PA roads. That's called expectation; sometimes they are met, sometimes they are not.

DBH 05-11-2019 08:27 PM

I had to take my Porsche back three times to finally resolve an issue. You'd think that someone "dealing with supercars" could do better. But rather than blow-up on a post, we kept a civil dialog going and resolved the issue. I don't know if it will help your case at this point but step one is ALWAYS have a one-on-one BEFORE going public. :cheers:

erko1905 05-11-2019 08:33 PM

It's a bit weird that Fabspeed keeps getting lit up online - they shouldn't be THAT bad one would hope - these new accounts w only posts to bash a vendor are really sketchy too.

If you're in the PA, NJ area, you have quite a few really solid tuners you could've gone to, Aim Performance being one for example - going to an exhaust shop to get a tune doesn't make much sense

caciquemd 05-11-2019 10:27 PM

Soul

Soul!

Great customer service and great products.

Dom991.1 05-11-2019 11:30 PM

I bought a used set of Fabspeed sport headers - they looked like they had held up well & bolted right in with minimal fuss (except for that :icon501: bolt on each side next to the middle header - on valve cover side)
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...849710b11.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...67c3f15ae.jpeg
I’ve been happy with results...

John@Fabspeed 05-13-2019 11:55 AM

Bypass Pipes
Fabspeed tune

Gskv,

Phil here – I completely understand your frustrations but I really do wish you had mentioned any issue with the pipe we would absolutely help you out. I left a voicemail for you, if we could talk about this whenever you get a chance I would really appreciate the opportunity to try and make this right.

I can’t comment on what went wrong in your fitment issue without seeing it but we know mistakes do happen and that’s why we take our customer service so seriously. I would love if we can talk about your exhaust problems. When we shipped your ECU back we chose the fastest option as you live out of country, we could not overnight it there.

We also want to be completely transparent, that’s something we pride ourselves on, however it is just the structure of our company that our tuners don’t deal directly with customers. We have made customer service a top priority and we have had more success specifically training certain roles to handle customer interactions. If there’s any information you want or want communicated that’s not a problem at all and I’m happy to provide that for you.

Issues are often talked about the loudest, but if we had issues at a high rate it would be evident in our online ratings and we wouldn’t be successful for over 25+ years. We are actually just about to roll out a huge warranty update that will make it clearer than ever how much we stand behind our products.

If anybody has any other questions don’t hesitate to reach out.

Phil

garfunkle 05-13-2019 01:06 PM

For tuning - I can't recommend FVD enough. Cobb has better hardware for sure with the access port but FVD software can't be beat and the ability to update so easily with additional mods is worth it's weight and then some IMO.

Penn4S 05-13-2019 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Guards_Red_991 (Post 15834369)
You drive on roads you pay for... I bet you complain when they are not good enough, especially PA roads. That's called expectation; sometimes they are met, sometimes they are not.

I always find it best to try and work it out with the party you have the issue with instead of having a trial in an open forum.

I had a problem with a part I received from a well respected vendor of carbon parts. I had ordered several pieces with no issues and then had an issue with a very expensive part. They were not quick coming up with a resolution and instead tried to blame the shipping company. I went back and forth and voiced my displeasure clearly. They decided to take the chance I might get over it. I did, I'll never buy another piece from them.

Try to find the thread where I came on here and bashed them. You won't find it because I did not post it and call them out. Not everyone's experience with a vendor is the same. I'm sure many people had great experiences with the vendor I'm talking about as I did till that problem. I won't anymore because I voted with my $'s. I just don't know what gets accomplished by posting like this other than the vendor getting defensive.

And I have never bought a thing from Fabspeed so I don't have either a positive or negative opinion. I do have a Cobb tune and Europipe exhaust that I did a lot of research on before pulling the trigger.

shootermcgavin 05-16-2019 12:00 AM

interesting stuff. good response by phil @ fabspeed tho, i've known other business owners to take a completely diff approach to being called out in a public forum.

NJ991 05-16-2019 12:44 AM

I’m glad Fabspeed jumped in to comment on this. I really like seeing the vendors active on forums. Shows an involvement and passion, like the users here.

Guards_Red_991 05-16-2019 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Phil@Fabspeed (Post 15837304)
Gskv,

Phil here – I completely understand your frustrations but I really do wish you had mentioned any issue with the pipe we would absolutely help you out. I left a voicemail for you, if we could talk about this whenever you get a chance I would really appreciate the opportunity to try and make this right.

I can’t comment on what went wrong in your fitment issue without seeing it but we know mistakes do happen and that’s why we take our customer service so seriously.

Have you considered picking up the tab for the modifications that the OP had to do in order to make it fit? That would be taking customer service seriously.

When we shipped your ECU back we chose the fastest option as you live out of country, we could not overnight it there.

Why? Overnight shipping service is available in Canada.

We also want to be completely transparent, that’s something we pride ourselves on, however it is just the structure of our company that our tuners don’t deal directly with customers. We have made customer service a top priority and we have had more success specifically training certain roles to handle customer interactions. If there’s any information you want or want communicated that’s not a problem at all and I’m happy to provide that for you.

How can you say your business is transparent, when on the same sentence you are pretty much telling the customer "yeah you are right, the tuner cannot talk to you because he is not trained to talk to you". Then why offer a half-ass service? If you have made customer service a top priority, then you would have someone trained to deal with tuning issues; a product you offer. Every product shall have full person-to-person customer support.

Your solution is "talk to me and I will talk to the tuner". How is that transparent?

shootermcgavin 05-16-2019 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Guards_Red_991 (Post 15844205)
Your solution is "talk to me and I will talk to the tuner". How is that transparent?

most companies have folks not trained to be customer facing, for various reasons. if the message is being conveyed well why does it matter? when my amazon order ships/delivers late i don't expect to be able to speak with the logistics mgr directly in charge of the whse that was supposed to ship my order, or the driver who was supposed to deliver.

sechsgang 05-16-2019 11:14 AM

Fabspeed has always been ACES to deal with for me, and I've dealt with them A LOT. They are local to me so they know if they had something that wasn't perfect, I'd be right there the next day getting it corrected. Fortunately, that's never happened as they've always done a great job. They ALWAYS back their stuff, especially now...so I know you'll get taken care of now that Phil is on it.

Aggie 05-16-2019 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by shootermcgavin (Post 15844244)
most companies have folks not trained to be customer facing, for various reasons. if the message is being conveyed well why does it matter? when my amazon order ships/delivers late i don't expect to be able to speak with the logistics mgr directly in charge of the whse that was supposed to ship my order, or the driver who was supposed to deliver.

You ever have a car remote tuned before?

garfunkle 05-16-2019 02:28 PM

Have you considered picking up the tab for the modifications that the OP had to do in order to make it fit? That would be taking customer service seriously.

How can you say your business is transparent, when on the same sentence you are pretty much telling the customer "yeah you are right, the tuner cannot talk to you because he is not trained to talk to you". Then why offer a half-ass service? If you have made customer service a top priority, then you would have someone trained to deal with tuning issues; a product you offer. Every product shall have full person-to-person customer support.

This is not directed at Fabspeed.... but I loath when vendors offer to "make things right" with anything other than quantifying the problem and writing a check. Most of the time it's some crap discount on the next order or a promise similar... How abut earn business by doing the right thing by someone that has already given you their money?

The second is to Fabspeed and all other tuners.... I do understand the concept of the tuners time but there is a way to handle this. For starters, at a minimum take notes via the people that are customer facing and have them find out the info. Collect the questions and publish them with the answers. In the future you have a cheat sheet and a place to point customers to. Easy peasy.

MikeL31 05-16-2019 02:52 PM

i have their down pipes and mufflers on my 958 S and their super sport exhaust on my 991. i installed it myself and everything fit. i havent had any problems yet on the 2 systems that ive bought.

Guards_Red_991 05-16-2019 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by garfunkle (Post 15844985)
For starters, at a minimum take notes via the people that are customer facing and have them find out the info. Collect the questions and publish them with the answers. In the future you have a cheat sheet and a place to point customers to. Easy peasy.

This... I'm sure most questions can be answered with a FAQ section.

Jerry991 05-16-2019 04:54 PM

My dealer won't do business with them and I won't either. They jump into one of these threads making it appear that they will make good on their products but then they fail to come through. They promised to replace the exhaust tips I bought from them when they tarnished but when I sent them back all they did was polish them and they tarnished again shortly after I put them on my car.

John@Fabspeed 05-16-2019 06:10 PM

How can you say your business is transparent when on the same sentence you are pretty much telling the customer "yeah you are right, the tuner cannot talk to you because he is not trained to talk to you". Then why offer a half-ass service? If you have made customer service a top priority, then you would have someone trained to deal with tuning issues; a product you offer. Every product shall have full person-to-person customer support.

We would not consider picking up the tab for the modifications since he did not reach out to us first and moved forward trying to modify our pipes with his own intention. If GSKV did reach out to us first we would have been more than helpful with resolving his issue that our bypass pipes were causing. We want to make every customer happy. If there was a legitimate issue that when a third party shop encountered while installing our product that was a fabrication error we would compensate for the additional labor associated for our inconvenience.

Through UPS worldwide express shipping next day is an option to Canada but does not always guarantee on-time delivery due to possible delays in customs or other delays that are out of our control. We shipped in the fastest method available to us.

Our tuner is very busy throughout the day developing tunes, dyno testing and is not always available to handle tuning customer service requests directly. We have our Sales Team and Customer service department readily available to always relay any questions to and from our tuner for our customer needs.

Originally Posted by sechsgang (Post 15844515)
Fabspeed has always been ACES to deal with for me, and I've dealt with them A LOT. They are local to me so they know if they had something that wasn't perfect, I'd be right there the next day getting it corrected. Fortunately, that's never happened as they've always done a great job. They ALWAYS back their stuff, especially now...so I know you'll get taken care of now that Phil is on it.

Thanks for the love Sechsgang, we appreciate your business and if you ever need anything in the future don't be afraid to reach out. We like to think of customers like family and want to continue the relationship after every sale.

Originally Posted by MikeL31 (Post 15845056)
I have their downpipes and mufflers on my 958 S and their supersport exhaust on my 991. I installed it myself and everything fit. I haven't had any problems yet on the 2 systems that I've bought.

That is an awesome combo and probably sounds killer. If you need any other parts for your vehicles let me know would love to help out!

Originally Posted by Guards_Red_991 (Post 15845126)
This... I'm sure most questions can be answered with a FAQ section.

We are currently updating a lot of our company documents including our FAQ, Lifetime warranty, and our tune sheet requirements. We want to make everything in our business crystal clear for our customers so the buying process runs smoothly and after sales management is handled professionally.

Originally Posted by Jerry991 (Post 15845398)
My dealer won't do business with them and I won't either. They jump into one of these threads making it appear that they will make good on their products but then they fail to come through. They promised to replace the exhaust tips I bought from them when they tarnished but when I sent them back all they did was polish them and they tarnished again shortly after I put them on my car.

Jerry991, we are sorry to hear about this incident again. If you could reach back out to us so we can get more details on your situation and look into a resolution. We look forward to speaking with you.

Papa Fittig 05-16-2019 11:50 PM

Although I would agree that taking an issue directly back with a vendor is the best way possible to resolve an issue, I also appreciate a feedback on experience even if issue had been resolved (it still was an issue, wasn't it). Having a system which allows the feedback and gives a vendor their opportunity to reply helps others to make an opinion on whether or not to give their business to a vendor.

So this thread has been useful.

And I am sorry to say, but IMO, unfortunately, Phil's responses themselves show that they are not 100 transparent. On the shipping I'd be way happier if the answer would've been along the lines of "yes, we decided to ship cheaper carrier because we weren't sure if the money we paid would've helped the ECU to be delivered overnight" or whatever.. On the tuner, I doubt it was impossible to have him helping out supporting customer's tune based on his work schedule availability. Then it is something else. And this is not helping to prove transparency.

Again, to me it is good to know when evaluating whom to give my business to.

Penn4S 05-17-2019 12:17 AM

Still don't think this type of open trial is useful when evaluating a vendor.
Do your work up front and buy from vendors who have the expertise on the product your spending your $'s on.

Papa Fittig 05-17-2019 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Penn4S (Post 15846297)
Still don't think this type of open trial is useful when evaluating a vendor.
Do your work up front and buy from vendors who have the expertise on the product your spending your $'s on.

If you trust it's not useful, just ignore it :)
And, yes, I completely agree with you on your second statement.

Guards_Red_991 05-17-2019 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Phil@Fabspeed (Post 15845578)
We would not consider picking up the tab for the modifications since he did not reach out to us first and moved forward trying to modify our pipes with his own intention. If GSKV did reach out to us first we would have been more than helpful with resolving his issue that our bypass pipes were causing. We want to make every customer happy. If there was a legitimate issue that when a third party shop encountered while installing our product that was a fabrication error we would compensate for the additional labor associated for our inconvenience.

Thanks for the responses. Follow up question based on your statement "we want to make every customer happy"; do you think you did everything in your power to make the OP happy?

paulkromz 05-17-2019 08:02 AM

OP is like :corn:

Penn4S 05-17-2019 11:17 AM

Been invisible since the 1st post. But I think Guards Red is his legal consul.

VDBGT3 05-17-2019 01:15 PM

I inferred from these forums and others that most of their exhaust parts were ready to ship. I ordered some side deletes, and couldn't figure out (2) days later why they didn't ship. I called, only to find out that they make them to order. Looking back, I can't even figure out why I thought they were in stock. (that's my mistake - my bad) The Fabspeed team (especially Sean) moved some production stuff around to expedite my order, so that I could have it in time for Smokies. They did not have to do that, and I honestly didn't push for it - they just did it. I can't speak to anyone else's experience, but mine was good. I would use them again for future needs. Welds are 9+ on a 10 scale - and I can speak on this. Its not art, it goes under your car - kinda like the guy who asked why we need a forged carbon diffuser from Capristo on the bottom of our cars... (other thread)

garfunkle 05-17-2019 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Phil@Fabspeed (Post 15845578)

Jerry991, we are sorry to hear about this incident again. If you could reach back out to us so we can get more details on your situation and look into a resolution. We look forward to speaking with you.

Phil - respectfully; and I do support your products... But this response is the type of antagonizing that people really get annoyed by. What additional details are you looking for exactly? Tarnish > product returned > Polished > tarnished again. Either offer to replace them with something different that's not going to tarnish[again], refund the amount of the tips or just don't respond and own that Fabspeed doesn't care. There really isn't a 4th option. If you do care then take initiative and do something proactively. Most of us have jobs and constantly following up should be Fabspeed's and not the consumers'.

Porsche_nuts 05-17-2019 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by garfunkle (Post 15847384)
Phil - respectfully; and I do support your products... But this response is the type of antagonizing that people really get annoyed by. What additional details are you looking for exactly? Tarnish > product returned > Polished > tarnished again. Either offer to replace them with something different that's not going to tarnish[again], refund the amount of the tips or just don't respond and own that Fabspeed doesn't care. There really isn't a 4th option. If you do care then take initiative and do something proactively. Most of us have jobs and constantly following up should be Fabspeed's and not the consumers'.

LMAO. Truer words were never spoken.

NJ991 05-17-2019 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by garfunkle (Post 15847384)

Fourth option is offer a discount for another product. All kidding aside, your comments are true.

garfunkle 05-17-2019 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by NJ991 (Post 15847954)
Fourth option is offer a discount for another product. All kidding aside, your comments are true.

When you have to tell your customers that you’ll take care of them on the next purchase that pretty much means you don’t care about your customers and that customer isn’t buying your product again. Ever.

NJ991 05-17-2019 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by garfunkle (Post 15848294)
When you have to tell your customers that you’ll take care of them on the next purchase that pretty much means you don’t care about your customers and that customer isn’t buying your product again. Ever.

Absolutely correct. Your previous post did make me laugh, even when it is 100% correct. Glad someone said it.

Penn4S 05-18-2019 12:01 AM

I do agree with this. I had a vendor that wanted to compensate me for a defective part on the next purchase. I'll never buy another thing from them. If you can't make it good when it happens then don't expect anything in the future. Terrible retail strategy.

Papa Fittig 05-18-2019 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Penn4S (Post 15848780)
I do agree with this. I had a vendor that wanted to compensate me for a defective part on the next purchase. I'll never buy another thing from them. If you can't make it good when it happens then don't expect anything in the future. Terrible retail strategy.

That would've never worked with me either. I respect your position of not sharing this type of bad experience publicly too. To me it's a personal choice and there is no right or wrongs.