Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   My experience with Fabspeed (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1142470-my-experience-with-fabspeed.html)

gskv 05-10-2019 10:00 PM

My experience with Fabspeed

I didn't think I'd be annoyed enough to write a review about a vendor here, but here I am. I probably should've brought this up to them directly, but I believe that if someone is dealing with super cars, they should know how to treat customers right, the first time.

Coming from the BMW crowd, BoostAddict and even someone doing a paid advertisement on Fabspeed...I thought, "They had some cool videos in the past and got me while I was young. Let's give them a try."

Anyway, here's what I purchased:

Bypass Pipes
Fabspeed tune

The purchasing process was regular. Nothing spectacular. Parts arrived, it sat in my home, and now Spring is here I am deciding to mod.

The pipes had terrible fitment. The angle was way off. I didn't bother complaining, but I wouldn't recommend their parts. Better off going to Soul. Luckily, there is a TIG welder available at my disposal; we did some adjustments and piped it up.

The tune process was normal, but I wanted to talk to the tuner. This is not possible--I was told the tuner is not a people person and cannot be reached. This made me feel extremely uneasy, whatever. In my 10 years of tuning, I've never been shielded away from a tuner. A clear lack of transparency.

I didn't want to post this until now, but now that the ECU is en route in UPS' hands, I thought I'd share. They didn't overnight ship this back to me, I thought this is a courteous gesture. What the hell is this all about? I don't even think an excuse is possible for this other than they're just cheap. It's not mistake to say that this is an oversight considering you're dealing with super cars all day.

In short, the pipes had poor fitment. The tuning process is questionable at best, and the lack of transparency doesn't make me feel easy. Based on the feedback on the Fabspeed tune on here, I'm most likely going to be going with a Cobb Tune if this doesn't work out. It just doesn't make me feel comfortable at all.

I do not recommend giving your money to these guys if you're looking for either a tune or any pipes. Or maybe, everyone already knew this.

Psorcery 05-10-2019 10:04 PM

Your fault for going with a ghetto tune. I'm not backing fabspeed in any way or form but you sound like shill for Soul.

LexVan 05-10-2019 10:53 PM

This thread has potential.

LargePuppy 05-10-2019 11:15 PM

Ooooh this is good! Rockets Warriors on big screen, drama here in the small screen!

NJ991 05-10-2019 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by LargePuppy (Post 15832889)
Ooooh this is good! Rockets Warriors on big screen, drama here in the small screen!

Iím with you man. Hope the Rockets push this to game 7, they can take them down. Oh, yeah, this thread, letís see what happens.

Bob Z. 05-10-2019 11:45 PM

I didn't even know Fabspeed had a tune. Where are you located? I am sure there are others in your area with tuner experience that can help you find something else.

Anyway, I would bring this up to them and see what reponse you get and update this thread. I have Soul cats on my car but I think it is fair to give them a chance, and many use their headers no matter what anyone says.

NJ991 05-11-2019 12:04 AM

I agree with Bob. Talk to them. They seem to be very active on these forums and seem helpful. That’s the extent of what I know about them. They probably would’ve shipped you new pipes and I’m not sure about the tune. Seems like a canned tune from possibly some third party.

Tecni 05-11-2019 01:37 AM

I have Fabspeed cat-delete pipes and although they wonít be winning any TIG-welding awards anytime soon, they get the job done perfectly.

As for getting a tune tune from them... You must be out of your mind.

Tay101 05-11-2019 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by gskv (Post 15832733)
I didn't think I'd be annoyed enough to write a review about a vendor here, but here I am. I probably should've brought this up to them directly, but I believe that if someone is dealing with super cars, they should know how to treat customers right, the first time.

Coming from the BMW crowd, BoostAddict and even someone doing a paid advertisement on Fabspeed...I thought, "They had some cool videos in the past and got me while I was young. Let's give them a try."

Anyway, here's what I purchased:

Bypass Pipes
Fabspeed tune

The purchasing process was regular. Nothing spectacular. Parts arrived, it sat in my home, and now Spring is here I am deciding to mod.

The pipes had terrible fitment. The angle was way off. I didn't bother complaining, but I wouldn't recommend their parts. Better off going to Soul. Luckily, there is a TIG welder available at my disposal; we did some adjustments and piped it up.

The tune process was normal, but I wanted to talk to the tuner. This is not possible--I was told the tuner is not a people person and cannot be reached. This made me feel extremely uneasy, whatever. In my 10 years of tuning, I've never been shielded away from a tuner. A clear lack of transparency.

I didn't want to post this until now, but now that the ECU is en route in UPS' hands, I thought I'd share. They didn't overnight ship this back to me, I thought this is a courteous gesture. What the hell is this all about? I don't even think an excuse is possible for this other than they're just cheap. It's not mistake to say that this is an oversight considering you're dealing with super cars all day.

In short, the pipes had poor fitment. The tuning process is questionable at best, and the lack of transparency doesn't make me feel easy. Based on the feedback on the Fabspeed tune on here, I'm most likely going to be going with a Cobb Tune if this doesn't work out. It just doesn't make me feel comfortable at all.

I do not recommend giving your money to these guys if you're looking for either a tune or any pipes. Or maybe, everyone already knew this.

I have to ask, what kind of research did you do in order to decide to go with a Fabspeed tune?

koven 05-11-2019 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by NJ991 (Post 15832914)
Iím with you man. Hope the Rockets push this to game 7, they can take them down. Oh, yeah, this thread, letís see what happens.

lol no KD and scoreless curry 1st half still lost, they couldnt have asked for a better chance, what a choke

997c2sla 05-11-2019 02:30 AM

I had an issue with Fabspeed in the past.
They stepped up and gave me a discount on a tip that fell off.
Can't comment on the tune but i m very happy that James Harden and Chris Paul lost.
They will always be losers;)

Wujohn 05-11-2019 02:40 AM

Doesn't Fabspeed just repackage the GIAC tune? That's what I recall them doing when it was released. In any case, the post doesn't come across very well. If it were me, I would have reached out to the vendor to see if they could remedy the issue first before calling them out. Just my opinion, which is worth the paper it was written on...

Randy M 05-11-2019 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by gskv (Post 15832812)
you've got quite the big anus there

What am I reading here....:roflmao:

NJ991 05-11-2019 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by koven (Post 15833095)
lol no KD and scoreless curry 1st half still lost, they couldnt have asked for a better chance, what a choke

Unbelievable. No excuses. Terrible loss

DOUGLAP1 05-11-2019 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tecni (Post 15833084)
I have Fabspeed cat-delete pipes and although they wonít be winning any TIG-welding awards anytime soon, they get the job done perfectly.

As for getting a tune tune from them... You must be out of your mind.

I'll second this one. The headers on my 986 cracked at multiple welds after about 2 years of use. I had them repaired by a local race car shop who as a great welder and engineering student.He showed me where the original welds looked good on the outside, but had lack of penetration through the weld area. I am guessing they MIG rather than TIG there welds.

I sent a complaint with photos to Fabspeed, and they responded that if I had sent the headers back to them, they would have repaired them. Fair enough, but I think I'd still rather have the excellent local TIG welder's work.

I still like the complete Fabspeed system, but just know you may have some crap welds.