Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   Comfort Access Improvement (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1141596-comfort-access-improvement.html)

Stevelev 05-06-2019 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Z. (Post 15821969)
That is incorrect. I started this thread to show everyone a way to make comfort access more comfortable! If you have Entry & Drive you can set one key to switch 1 on the door and the other key to switch 2 on the door. I have been doing this and it works perfectly and when I press 1 on the door after I get it, and before I close the door the seat and steering wheel move to my driving position. And if I forget to press 1 before closing the door I need to press and hold 1 until it gets to my driving position.

Yup, your work around definitely works and I sometimes use that but have so far failed at training myself to push the memory button before closing the door. Having to hold the memory button until the seat is in the proper position negates the benefit for me. IF I'm in a tight space where I cant open the door wide enough then my go to is seat memory 2 which is set for someone much taller and allows me to swing out of the car without contorting myself.

edit: All bets are off if my wife programs the seat for her but she never drove my previous 911 so the current seat memory is probably safe.

dkhm3 05-06-2019 04:00 PM

I have the same problem- I have set my seat further out on the Key button, so that when i approach the car and unlock it with my key the seat moves further back automatically, then i press preset 2 to move the seat forward to my normal needs.

Bob Z. 05-06-2019 04:57 PM

Keep in mind that one only needs to carry one key after both keys have been stored.

LexVan 05-06-2019 06:29 PM

Too much excessive seat motor wear. I rarely move mine. Some vacuuming, year-end cleaning, and rear glass cleaning. That's it.

Bob Z. 05-06-2019 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by LexVan (Post 15822554)
Too much excessive seat motor wear. I rarely move mine. Some vacuuming, year-end cleaning, and rear glass cleaning. That's it.

Good for you. I have back problem so I need my seat to be back pretty far to make it easier for me to get in and I could care less about possibly wearing out the seat motors...I will gladly pay to have them replaced after the warranty expires to make my life easier.

dkhm3 05-06-2019 07:08 PM

you must be young, I am in my 40's and I can barely get out of the car without banging myself on things- moving the seat back solves all my problems.

LexVan 05-06-2019 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by dkhm3
you must be young, I am in my 40's and I can barely get out of the car without banging myself on things- moving the seat back solves all my problems.

Older.
Tall.
And extensive knee surgery.
:)

OliverK68 05-06-2019 07:55 PM

How often do seat motors fail?

Bob Z. 05-06-2019 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by LexVan (Post 15822671)
Older.
Tall.
And extensive knee surgery.
:)

You usually post useful responses in threads, but not this time.

Bob Z. 05-06-2019 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by OliverK68 (Post 15822763)
How often do seat motors fail?

I would suspect not that often so if this helps you I would not worry about it.

jkautz 09-03-2019 11:04 PM

Does anyone know what comfort access includes on the 992? This is what is describes it as on the build:

Access to the car without active use of the key including opening of front luggage compartment lid.

** What difference is that to the porsche entry & drive that allows keyless access? Why would anyone go for the $550 option for the 992 when it sounds redundant? **

Bob Z. 09-03-2019 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by jkautz (Post 16081123)
Does anyone know what comfort access includes on the 992? This is what is describes it as on the build:

Access to the car without active use of the key including opening of front luggage compartment lid.

** What difference is that to the porsche entry & drive that allows keyless access? Why would anyone go for the $550 option for the 992 when it sounds redundant? **

Try the 992 Forum: https://rennlist.com/forums/992-245/

*991* 09-04-2019 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Z. (Post 15819998)
I have the Entry & Drive option but the seat did not move back nearly enough for me and I had to manually move the seat back, up until now. I set one key to save my driving positions, which is stored in #1 and I set the other key to save settings in #2 that move the seat all the way back and the steering wheel in & up. So now when I open the door I push #2 to move the seat/steering wheel and after I sit down, but before I close the door, I push #1 so I am ready to drive. And when I stop driving I open the door and push #2 for much easier exiting. Finally, I unchecked Comfort Access in the settings since there is no need to have it move otherwise.

Awesome tip Bob works great!!......Thanks
Sometimes my steer wheel was auto going down as soon as I opened the door (even without comfort access checked) so I had to jump in while seat and wheel was going down but the maddening part was it only happened sometimes.
But your tip has solved everything :thumbup:

Bob Z. 09-04-2019 12:22 AM

Glad it helped you...I use it all the time. I just tweaked it last week since I like to sit with the seat all the way down so I configured #2 to not only move back but up with the seat back more straight up to aid my egress.

Paliknight 09-04-2019 01:33 AM

I’m confused.