Notices
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on black-on-black color scheme for 991.2?

Old 05-05-2019, 10:27 AM
harlandoc
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way too dark and uninteresting, in my opinion. There are way too many black, gray and silver 911's out there so as to be almost run of the mill, at least in my part of the country.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:52 AM
usccharles
User

My GTS is black everything except for the brake calipers. I love. Itís discreet and flashy altogether. I love caring for my car so Iím constantly cleaning and detailing. My car is fully PPFed, which helps with cleaning. I can cut some corners without worry about damaging paint.

If you like caring for your car constantly, black 911 is a winner. If not, donít.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:25 AM
991.1GTS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usccharles View Post

My GTS is black everything except for the brake calipers. I love. Itís discreet and flashy altogether. I love caring for my car so Iím constantly cleaning and detailing. My car is fully PPFed, which helps with cleaning. I can cut some corners without worry about damaging paint.

If you like caring for your car constantly, black 911 is a winner. If not, donít.
stunning!
Old 05-05-2019, 11:59 AM
AF330i
User

I’ve got a 991.1 black on black with black wheels and love it. I would say overall I am conservative when it comes to car colors and pretty much all my other cars are black exterior. I also have a set of silver wheels for winter use and I feel the car just looks better with the black wheels.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:37 PM
adcampo
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've got a triple black 991.1 s cab. Basalt .
Love it. I've had a few black cars. As you know, they looks best when clean and they don't say that way long. I don't notice how dirty it is until I wash it. Then it really shines. However, the black wheels hide dirt pretty well, which is a plus. Personally, I think the black wheel thing may have jumped the shark. I'll go back to silver wheels next.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: