Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   good lowering options for 991 C2S Cab? (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1141424-good-lowering-options-for-991-c2s-cab.html)

dawgcatching 05-04-2019 02:45 AM

good lowering options for 991 C2S Cab?

I saw a new-ish 991 cab the other day, and the thing was jacked sky high! The owner said he had PDCC on it, so I thought it has SPASM as well? Evidently not. He consulted the local indie, and they recommended Eibach springs for it to tighten up the look. He has never heard of RL, so I told him I would reach out and see what everyone here thought. Here is what I have come up with so far: Eibach springs, H&R springs (I had these on my 997, not a fan, really stiff ride), Techart springs (well regarded): KW HAS (popular in the M-car world, not sure about Porsche): H&R VTF (same as KW?), or coilovers. He said "no racy ride", but also doesn't like the Ford Raptor look, and I don't blame him.

Per the mechanic's recommendation, he is leaning Eibach, but what do you all think? I told him he will need spacers too. My 997 had them; they were put on by the previous owner after he lowered his (eventually mine) car.

I told him I had heard good things about the DSC controller, but that doesn't do anything for the ride height.

Bob Z. 05-04-2019 01:49 PM

Search this forum as it has been discussed a lot, and many have done using all of the available options so you should be able to decide after reading the threads.

garfunkle 05-04-2019 01:53 PM

The Eibachs are great on mine. (PASM 991.1 Cab)

windblow 05-04-2019 05:51 PM

I have Eibachs on both my 991.1 TTS and 991.2 Cab. Very happy with the look & ride.

dawgcatching 05-05-2019 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Z. (Post 15818256)
Search this forum as it has been discussed a lot, and many have done using all of the available options so you should be able to decide after reading the threads.

"use the search"; how novel! Wow, it never occurred to me!

Have you searched this topic? There are threads discussing each option, but there are not threads discussing most or all of the options I listed above. I was hoping to find someone (perhaps a good indy tech) who has installed all of these and had subsequently talked to the owners to get their feedback. I figure also perhaps there is someone else out there that had personal feedback: maybe their first car was set up on Eibachs and their 2nd on HAS or whatever. If there is a thread that has some detailed comparisons, please feel free to link them here.

dawgcatching 05-05-2019 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by windblow (Post 15818652)
I have Eibachs on both my 991.1 TTS and 991.2 Cab. Very happy with the look & ride.

Cool. I will pass it along. I had them on my 997.2, so when he mentioned that, it was also 1st in my mind. The 997.2 felt nice and tight, but they were installed by the previous owner in my case, so I don't know what they cost him. I figure spring install is overall a lot cheaper, than say a full coilover setup.

cosmo1 05-05-2019 08:20 AM

Love my Techarts, no issues..

adcampo 05-05-2019 12:45 PM

I've been thinking of lowing my 991.1 s cab too. From my research, concesus seems Techart provides a moderate drop without losing the OEM feel. H&R are a bigger drop, but quite a bit stiffer. Then there is the camp of people who say to get the KW HAS to have full adjustability.

I have no plans of tracking and not really interested in adjustability. So I'm leaning Techart.

Like others have said, there is a ton of threads on this topic.

NJ991 05-05-2019 01:54 PM

Get a HAS kit and have him dial in exactly the ride height he wants. Plus the ride will be very close to OEM with a moderate drop.

Wujohn 05-05-2019 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by adcampo (Post 15819807)
I have no plans of tracking and not really interested in adjustability.

The track bit is important I believe. I have been looking to do this but from everything I've seen, if you want to at minimum do no harm to handling performance, you will need to invest a bit. If you are just doing mostly casual street driving, much less of a concern. I'm no expert on this topic but I've read a lot and have not come up with a satisfactory answer.

Some say that the progressive spring rates of most of these kits may confuse PASM and you may want to look into a bump steer kit as well. Consensus is that if you just get lowering springs, the car will not handle as well if you are driving it hard.

Tech Art seems to be the most popular on this forum and with the sponsors.