Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   991.2 GlasWerks Ducktail Study (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1140923-991-2-glaswerks-ducktail-study.html)

GlasWerksDMV 04-30-2019 04:18 PM

991.2 GlasWerks Ducktail Study

Hello fellow Porsche nuts, Recently we have been discussing developing & manufacturing a full replacement rear deck lid for the 991.2 Gen cars.

-Design scope
We decided on an aggressive fixed ducktail with modern touches to pair nicely with our recently released Forgeline FU3C retro 5 spoke wheels.
Being fixed would defeat the factory raise and lower mechanisms.
We would be providing a plug & play harness & module so that the car is happy without seeing the rear spoiler lift electronics plugged in.
Direct bolt on to the factory hinge points for the rear decklid subsequently transferring over the deck lid latch mechanism.

-Construction
This new deck lid will be manufactured in Prepreg carbon fiber maintaining factory gaps and fitment everywhere and being as light as possible.
Available with or without passthrough cooling ducts trimmed in factory GT Metal Mesh.
Cooling ducts would begin topside and pass through the underside of the wing with the cutouts lining up perfectly with factory fans evacuating hot air from the engine bay.
Base kit ships primed for paintwork optional finishes include exposed Gloss and Satin CF & PTS <Client sends us the fuel door for color match.

-Cost and timelines
At 10+ pre orders we can expect a $2500USD starting price for these plug and play solutions, Gloss/Prepreg/PTS will add additional cost as well as the ducting option. The Plug and play lifter harness will also be included in base price.

We would like to open this up for interested members of Rennlist for discussion. Once we get 10 pre orders we will get cranking on this.

1. Aatish
2. Pscorcery

Thanks for your interest and support!

-Adrian

Photos coming soon

Valvefloat991 04-30-2019 04:20 PM

What about ducting to the intercoolers?

phx991 04-30-2019 11:15 PM

Very interested. Subscribed for pics.

80p 05-01-2019 04:31 AM

Is removal of the factory deck lid raising mechanism part of the install procedure?

Aatish 05-01-2019 11:55 AM

Add me on the preorder.
If you could PM me CAD or something to give me an idea, I'd appreciate it.

Ecosse911 05-02-2019 01:52 AM

I’m salivating over the prospect of finely crafted yet aggressive carbon fiber rear deck lid

There are a few threads on this very topic and so far no manufacturer has delivered the goods for the 991.2!

Is this another teaser without any substance? I’m about to pull the trigger on a Moshammer rear deck lid but alas it’s not available in CF!

Do you have any further details to share on the product, rendering, solid model?

If if it looks good and you provide a reasonable time line commit then I will sign up for a unit. Otherwise I am going with the Moshammer as they actually have a product.

Ecosse911 05-02-2019 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ecosse911 (Post 15812854)
I’m salivating over the prospect of finely crafted yet aggressive carbon fiber rear deck lid

There are a few threads on this very topic and so far no manufacturer has delivered the goods for the 991.2!

Is this another teaser without any substance? I’m about to pull the trigger on a Moshammer rear deck lid but alas it’s not available in CF!

Do you have any further details to share on the product, rendering, solid model?

If if it looks good and you provide a reasonable time line commit then I will sign up for a unit. Otherwise I am going with the Moshammer as they actually have a product.

Found this rendering on your link above, i am assuming this is the ducktail. Can you post side, rear and above angles of the renderings. Thanks

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...d5f0ac55cf.png

Psorcery 05-02-2019 04:15 AM

1.Aatish
2.Pscorcery

cosmo1 05-02-2019 08:40 AM

Trying to sell something with no pics seems very rushed..

LargePuppy 05-02-2019 12:19 PM

How does this affect the aerodynamics of the vehicle?

Rennolazine 05-02-2019 08:29 PM

It adds 45 hp

GlasWerksDMV 05-02-2019 09:26 PM

Thanks for the questions and comments so far. This isn't vaporware, I was hesitant to even make this thread knowing the mickey mouse game vendors play with product like this. We have the exterior shape of the duck tail done, The Molds cut and refined and the first few pieces are out of the molds and we are commencing our fitment and refining steps

Keep in mind the following photos are teaser pics THEY ARE NOT MARKETING PHOTOS :cheers:,
At this phase normally we wouldn't be making announcements or sharing such raw photos but you guys seem much more interested in coming along for the journey so to speak
This is PrePreg Dry CF, The exterior skin weighs under 5# Yes we will have exact weights when we are done refining this
The weird blotching is from a pop up rainstorm this afternoon, this hasn't been finished or sealed. it's bare pre preg carbon.
next step is the underside and Tunnel work for those who want as much cooling as possible

Enjoy :biggulp:

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...c06e358565.jpg
Pre production, first prototype in prepreg carbon, mind the watermarks, note to self, don't let prepreg unsealed carbon get rained on :/

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...5b12928f21.jpg
Other side View, mockup on a 991.2 Turbo S

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...795d1efa76.jpg
LOVE this angle!!!

To those asking about ducting and cooling etc etc, We are currently designing the ducting that will pass through top to rear exit using CFD testing pulled right off a 991.2 GT3 NON TOURING decklid. bare with us while we work on this.

And it most certainly doesn't add 45HP :roflmao:

GlasWerksDMV 05-02-2019 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by 80p (Post 15810529)
Is removal of the factory deck lid raising mechanism part of the install procedure?

NO it isn't, we want this to be plug and play and enjoy :cool:

GlasWerksDMV 05-02-2019 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ecosse911 (Post 15812854)

Definitely not a teaser with no substance
we will release additional media as we get closer to the finished product, we currently have the exterior done, fitment check was good today, underside ducting panel is being designed now to bond to the topside

Timeline all depends on the amount of interest but normally with a project like this I would expect 3-5 months until the first batch ships,

also the orange car render is just a client with a set of wheels incoming for his lava 991.1 GTS he has a duck tail, not our ducktail

Wujohn 05-02-2019 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by GlasWerksDMV (Post 15809208)
Hello fellow Porsche nuts, Recently we have been discussing developing & manufacturing a full replacement rear deck lid for the 991.2 Gen cars.

At 10+ pre orders we can expect a $2500USD starting price for these plug and play solutions, Gloss/Prepreg/PTS will add additional cost as well as the ducting option. The Plug and play lifter harness will also be included in base price.

Isn't there a potential overheating issue if you don't have proper ducting for the 991.2 if the spoiler cannot raise up? Our cars often have the spoiler up to cool it down even if we are not driving at speed.