Sponsored by:

991.2 SharkWerks Exhaust - input

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 03:15 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by zunayed
If we’re doing a group buy, I’m in. Otherwise, I’m thinking of making the purchase sometime soon. I wonder how it’ll sound in conjunction with the Soul cats on my T.

Also, just checked out videos of the 997 gt3 with sharkwerks and damn, the sound sent shivers down my spine. It’s undoubtedly a masterpiece.
Well we have 4; anyone else?

Also curious what this will sound like with sport cats.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:42 PM
Franz993
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 33 Posts

I'd be interested in a group buy too.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:49 AM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 542 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by zunayed
If we’re doing a group buy, I’m in. Otherwise, I’m thinking of making the purchase sometime soon. I wonder how it’ll sound in conjunction with the Soul cats on my T.

Also, just checked out videos of the 997 gt3 with sharkwerks and damn, the sound sent shivers down my spine. It’s undoubtedly a masterpiece.
Grabbed this picture from the Sharkwerks website for the 997 GT3 setup. Fundamentally tubular, near equal length headers, relatively high flow cats, and straight out with the valves open. With the 991.2, the turbos will act as mufflers, but you can buy tubular equal length headers, high flow cats, and now the Sharkwerks exhaust. Granted, different displacement engines will sound differently and the length of the runners of the headers will change the tone. But the modified 991.2s with headers, high flow cats, and exhausts sound pretty good to me!

Old 05-02-2019, 06:07 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

Im in for a group buy effort.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:25 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Im in for a group buy effort.
That's 6 so far. Anyone else? I can reach out to see what they say.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:34 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,257 Likes on 588 Posts

Are the ^ hoping to group buy for PSE or non-PSE?

Might be good to get Alex's take and then a dedicated thread going if SW is game. As I said before, I would loan my car to SW to develop a non-PSE system for Carrera/S if people are interested.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:51 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stout
Are the ^ hoping to group buy for PSE or non-PSE?

Might be good to get Alex's take and then a dedicated thread going if SW is game. As I said before, I would loan my car to SW to develop a non-PSE system for Carrera/S if people are interested.
I think everyone on the group buy has PSE but I agree, he could likely sell quite a few non-PSE. I can mention it when I call.

Question though - for the non-PSE, what are you thinking they would do differently than just an x-pipe?
Old 05-02-2019, 07:19 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wujohn
- for the non-PSE, what are you thinking they would do differently than just an x-pipe?
Ha, I don't really care so long as it sounds good. Lighter and the ability to use stock tips would be big pluses in my book...

I'll stand by, as I don't feel all that comfortable with being involved with selling something for Sharkwerks. I'm in the game of evaluating cars...and want to stick to that! With that said, they've earned my admiration the hard way: By building great stuff and standing behind it. Very few aftermarket companies rise to the level I've seen them hit time and again. And when they get something wrong, they fix it.

Not bad guys to drive with, either, so long as they don't try to PacMan me with the trunk lid of a Honda Insight while I am shooting photos. That was one for the ages, and pretty funny after we stopped. But I digress...
Old 05-02-2019, 08:09 PM
///M3THOD
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone have a video of or hear this with some sport cats and/or headers?
Old 05-02-2019, 08:48 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Count me as a tentative, but the sound coupled with other mods will dictate for me in the end.

ß
Old 05-02-2019, 09:06 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wujohn
I think everyone on the group buy has PSE but I agree, he could likely sell quite a few non-PSE. I can mention it when I call.
If they are interested in a GB from Rennlist, may I suggest a post that will ask people to sign up for PSE (already available) and non-PSE setups?

Really hoping there are enough people out there with non-PSE who would, like me, enjoy a bit more voice from the back of the car. Interesting aspect is people with PSE who don't love the look of the split pipes might be able to convert to the four-pipe Carrera S treatment. Wonder if all that would be needed is a new muffler, tips, and the plastic valance trim at the bottom of the bumper? Can't imagine the latter is all that expensive.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:15 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

If they are interested in a GB from Rennlist, may I suggest a post that will ask people to sign up for PSE (already available) and non-PSE setups?

Really hoping there are enough people out there with non-PSE who would, like me, enjoy a bit more voice from the back of the car. Interesting aspect is people with PSE who don't love the look of the split pipes might be able to convert to the four-pipe Carrera S treatment. Wonder if all that would be needed is a new muffler, tips, and the plastic valance trim at the bottom of the bumper? Can't imagine the latter is all that expensive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_QHhtYrEgM
Will do - let's hope they are down for a little wheeling and dealing. From my perspective it could really help elevate visibility of their product. I'd like to do an install video, sound test and dyno (at sea level) but this stuff ain't free and any saving I can get will help.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:34 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_QHhtYrEgM
pete, the pse has different cats. So a different design would be needed for pse to get wide outlets
Old 05-03-2019, 09:18 PM
shing911500e
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

Video from Sharkwerks. How are we thinking about this one vs. Akropovic slip on? Stats seem similar but the Akropovic is lighter still, as its made of titanium...
Old 05-03-2019, 09:29 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shing911500e
https://youtu.be/ZcVQ6pVtAzo

Video from Sharkwerks. How are we thinking about this one vs. Akropovic slip on? Stats seem similar but the Akropovic is lighter still, as its made of titanium...
Looks like Akra says about 18-19 bhp (Kw conversion), +38tq and weight savings is just shy of 10lbs.

So far Sharkwerks appears to be est 20whp, 18tq and 12lbs of weight savings.

Not sure how much titanium will play into value (more knowledgeable people can answer that).

Quick Reply: 991.2 SharkWerks Exhaust - input