Sponsored by:

Passenger window

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 04:30 PM
nine3leven
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger window

I know there is lots of talk about batteries and voltage. I'm in the "11.9V" prior to start up club. My dealer where I purchased the car assured me the battery was fine. The car is a 2015 CPO.

I notice every time I start the car I hear the passenger window try to "roll up". I had another Pcar and it did the same thing and eventually I think it wore the window out. That car was a CPO as well and had the passenger window fixed under warranty early and and it continued the "roll up" until I got rid of it.

I also have the windshield wipers occasionally move a couple inches when I park in the garage and shut the car off.

Are these signs the battery is bad (once again, insisted the dealer check it and he said it was "fine")?

Any way to have the passenger window stop trying to "roll up" every time I crank the car or is that just a normal Pcar event?

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2019, 06:21 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,117 Likes on 666 Posts

Wipers moving when car shuts off is normal.

Window "rolling up" when starting I have not hear of. Windows roll down and roll back up a little when you open the door, but never heard of it trying to roll up when starting the car.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:44 PM
nine3leven
AutoX

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Wipers moving when car shuts off is normal.

Window "rolling up" when starting I have not hear of. Windows roll down and roll back up a little when you open the door, but never heard of it trying to roll up when starting the car.

thanks for the reply. yes, familiar with the slight roll down/up to protect the seals. I just found it odd that this is my second Porsche and the second similar event. it's not a lot, but you hear the motor on the passenger door (when it hasn't been open) try to close the window a little more than what it would had it been opened. I'll have to ask the dealer when I go in next or also try a reprogram myself. was just curious if anyone had this same thing happen since it's the second car I've had it on.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:05 PM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Electric windows do have a reset ritual which might be worth trying. You'll need to search but it's something like holding the button until all the way down, then again all the way up.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:57 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Originally Posted by nine3leven
thanks for the reply. yes, familiar with the slight roll down/up to protect the seals. I just found it odd that this is my second Porsche and the second similar event. it's not a lot, but you hear the motor on the passenger door (when it hasn't been open) try to close the window a little more than what it would had it been opened. I'll have to ask the dealer when I go in next or also try a reprogram myself. was just curious if anyone had this same thing happen since it's the second car I've had it on.
The windows on my 2019 have done the same thing since new.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:59 AM
nine3leven
AutoX

thanks bob, I'm glad I'm not completely crazy, at least for that reason.......
Old 04-20-2019, 10:09 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Originally Posted by nine3leven
thanks bob, I'm glad I'm not completely crazy, at least for that reason.......
I still wonder why it does what it does though...maybe how the locking is configured? Mine will open both doors when I press unlock on the fob or when the door handle.is grabbed.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:24 PM
Pmorritt
Pro

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

[QUOTE=Bob Z.;15786819]I still wonder why it does what it does though...maybe how the locking is configured? Mine will open both doors when I press unlock on the fob or when the door handle.is grabbed.[/QUOTE

Locking and unlocking doors, entry and exit, either just drivers door or both can be configured to your choice. On the 991 series, when the ign is turned on, wipers and windows jump. Just your cars way of saying All systems are a go.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:36 PM
nine3leven
AutoX

Seems like an unneeded “ready to go”. It sounds like unnecessary stress on the window motor. And I had the window motor go once and was probably going again on my last one and it was used exponentially less than the driver window, which doesn’t do it. Just don’t want to run into the same problem.

Quick Reply: Passenger window