Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   Daytime running lights (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1138648-daytime-running-lights.html)

Porsche0911 04-15-2019 05:59 PM

Daytime running lights

I had to disconnect my battery for about 20 min yesterday now I notice my headlights some on during daylight instead of just my daytime running lights. Anyone know how to reset that? In my exterior light menus it only allowed me to set fade time for parking.

RYE 04-16-2019 01:44 AM

I’ve disconnected my battery several times, no issue.

This is in auto mode? I assume controlling lights manually is working normally?

Pmorritt 04-16-2019 02:40 AM

What he said. Did you inadvertently change the headlight switch to the “on” setting instead of ”a” with a circle a
around it. a ( automatic) setting uses drl and the light sensor turns on Headlight when sensor tells it to.

Porsche0911 04-16-2019 10:23 AM

Headlight switch is on auto

The headlight switch is on auto. I have to move it to the running lights position to turn off the headlights and only have day time running lights.
It's like there is a US Canada option somewhere that reset to US. I have changed the language from US English to English

RYE 04-16-2019 12:53 PM

If you are lacking a Durametric or equivalent tool then just disconnect the battery again and see if that will reset, otherwise it may be a trip to the dealer.

If you happen to be in San Diego I can hook it up to my computer - pretty sure it's a simple reset of the control module.

Porsche0911 04-16-2019 01:08 PM

switch works not auto

Originally Posted by RYE (Post 15776747)
I’ve disconnected my battery several times, no issue.

This is in auto mode? I assume controlling lights manually is working normally?

Yes headlights work correctly with switch position just auto position not functioning as it did before

plenum 04-16-2019 04:50 PM

How about the possibility that the sensor for determining when the lights should be on or off is wack? Is it possible that whatever you were doing that required the battery to be disconnected (?) knocked or blocked the sensor somehow? Were you installing a radar detector or dashcam, something like that?

Obviously the lights believe the ambient light to be low enough to turn-on regardless of actual light levels. The "auto-on" setting on the headlamp switch is just telling the car when to use the sensor or not. It is just an on-off switch for the headlamps that works off of manual setting or the sensor. So more likely it is a sensor or computer setting that needs to be re-calibrated/reset. I would try disconnecting the battery again....

Porsche0911 04-16-2019 08:06 PM

I was working on the door panel near the airbags so I disconnected the battery. It could be the sensor of course, but it would be strange to happen then. I don't get any fault codes. I may have to wait until I am back in a city with a Porsche dealership to resolve this. For now I just turn the headlights off and the daytime lights still work. I did disconnect the negative terminal wait about 5 min and hooked it back up. I will try a LED light to see if I can activate it.