Notices
Sponsored by:

Experience shopping for aftermarket parts online

Old 04-15-2019, 10:45 AM
Dtkf
User

Default Experience shopping for aftermarket parts online

Hey. As the title says. What is ur experience getting after market body kit or any Porsche parts online(ebay/alibaba/aliexpress etc)

Example: fittings/quality/shipping/ condition.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:07 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good experience with LA DISMANTLERS.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:18 PM
Penn4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have done some large body upgrades in particular to my previous 4S and i am now doing aero kit upgrades to my TTS.

I have stayed away from Wicked Motors as they seem to run a scam most of the times and just don't have the confidence in some parts shipped from China from unknown manufacturers.
On my 4S I used Porsche OEM parts for the Sport Aerokit, Vorsteiner for the Carbon rear diffuser, DB carbon for the interior bits, Kline Iconel for exhaust and when finished verything fit together and looked amazing. And when i sold the car I removed most of the add on parts except the Aerokit and got a portion of the money back for the pieces because of where they came from I believe.

I am adding the Aerokit to my TTs and using Porsche OEM parts. I have a full carbon fiber rear valance from DB. Do you get what you pay for, most times from reputable vendors or at least you have recourse which you won't from the unknowns most times. Search around on vendors you are considering there are no secrets on who does it well or poorly.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:23 PM
garfunkle
User

Cheap stuff never fits.

Expensive stuff actually fits 25% of the time with modification.

Expensive stuff fits like OEM 5-7% of the time.

These are my unscientific estimates and I know someone will retort that this one time they saw a talking Jackalope riding on a pink unicorn or something of that nature but this is a ballpark reality regardless of the pictures you see online.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:54 PM
Dtkf
User

Originally Posted by garfunkle View Post
Cheap stuff never fits.

These are my unscientific estimates and I know someone will retort that this one time they saw a talking Jackalope riding on a pink unicorn or something of that nature but this is a ballpark reality regardless of the pictures you see online.
a friend recommended me to alibaba to get some body kit.... not sure bout the quality ... thats why im here to get some opinion .... after reading some of the comments.. i guess better not :P
Old 04-15-2019, 06:40 PM
fastforddriver
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by garfunkle View Post
Cheap stuff never fits.

lol, great post!

I concur with these assessments based on my aftermarket experience with non-Porsche cars.

Always, always... always go OEM whenever practical for parts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: