Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Marketplace issue. Don't let this happen to you.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 10:53 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
I traded a 2013 4S a few years back and striped all the swag off before giving to the dealers. I believe I sold between $10,000 - $12,000 worth of goodies including Cobb AP and Kline Iconel exhaust. I reached out to every buyer to make sure they were satisfied with what they received.

Pulling a stunt like this is lame and you are right to call him out on it.
I ordered a very expensive carbon rear valance for my TTS from a RL sponsor after ordering several thousands of dollars worth of parts a year or 2 before. It came without even toilet paper in the box for stuffing and the part had a crack in a curved area that was noticeable. This well known resource refused to help in any way unless I bought more product and he would kindly discount. I never called him out but he will never see another penny of business from me again even if he becomes the only producer of carbon parts in the universe.
Good luck I hope you get some resolution sometimes these are lessons we learn.
Speaking on behalf of the RL community, I wish you had called him out, and then escalated to a "bad seller" post. Our community functions best when critical info is public.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:06 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

I try to buy from people who are fairly active.

In recently sold a 991.2 relates item on ebay and its been 6 days and the buyer has not paid. At least I am not out of $ and I didn't ship. I opened a case with ebay by next week he will get a ding on his profile.

Lots of people like this.

Hope it gets resolved for you.

Btw...only the shipper can file an insurance claim not the reciever. The reciever can't do anything. UPS or any such company will only deal with the shipper if there was damage during shipping.

He may have shipped you the part broken and taken pictures for the sale in a way not to show any damage.

Moderators should ban this person.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:09 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

And sorry it happened to you, I know you are a stand up guy and asset to the forum
Old 03-23-2019, 08:54 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by bkrantz
Speaking on behalf of the RL community, I wish you had called him out, and then escalated to a "bad seller" post. Our community functions best when critical info is public.
I hear you. But this was my bad experience and I was really disappointed on how this vendor reacted to my situation on a very expensive item. I can't speak for other members issues with this vendor and I frequently see vendors bashed too quickly or based on one incident.
For me this was enough that I will never purchase from them again. Not so much on how severe the damage to the part was but to their lack of customer support.
I am an extremely fair buyer (quibble little go for quality) and seller (would rather something I had be enjoyed than reap a profit) at times so this behavior was just not acceptable. Others experience with them may be fine if there are no issues.
I love my car, still smile when I drive it and look back when I park it and don't let this type of situation affect the privilege I get from owning it.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:50 AM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 86 Posts

Sorry to hear about this, but not terribly surprised (unfortunately). I’m curious, did he ever mention why he had the part for sale in the first place? Is it possible he broke his, ordered a new one, and sold his broken one off to some unsuspecting sole? Which I believe is technically illegal (bait and switch).
Old 03-23-2019, 10:36 AM
2000se
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ991
I hate to hear this and this is the last place I thought I would see this happen. I’m from NJ, what is the shipping address? I’ll go pay a visit and say I’m you. I’ll collect cash and PayPal you your money back.

I like that !.. HAAH!!
Old 03-23-2019, 11:50 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Google him and find out if he’s posting stuff for sale on other forums. If so, put a similar message on them.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:41 PM
GraSox
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I got a plastic button ( center console ) from Dom last week...... it was wrapped and placed in a cardboard box! Very well done and was perfect. Post #12 above.
Thanks Dom!
Rob
Old 03-23-2019, 01:59 PM
Dom991.1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by GraSox
I got a plastic button ( center console ) from Dom last week...... it was wrapped and placed in a cardboard box! Very well done and was perfect. Post #12 above.
Thanks Dom!
Rob
Happy to do it, thanks for making it an easy transaction & for the shout-out Rob!!
Old 03-24-2019, 12:15 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Had my first Marketplace issue recently. Bought a set of spacers and lug bolts. They arrived and the bolt heads were 17mm. That wasn’t disclosed in the ad. Tried to get the seller to make it right and simply take them back. He refused stating they function as advertised. Small potatoes compared to the OP but annoying.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:52 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,071 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Yep, moderators need to go to Hellcat.org. One of the best put together forums I have been on. The posting/ratings, selling practices, it all works.This template we use on these forums are really antiquated.
The moderating team on Rennlist has zero control over such things. A corporation called Internet Brands owns Rennlist and does all the programming and decision making.

We are a team of un-paid volunteers made up of members just like yourself who've taken on the task of moderating.

We've made many suggestions over the years, some have been implemented, some denied, some are still under consideration, and others are just impossible with the current software package.

Best thing people can do is contact IB directly.

If any issues or concerns come up, please use the "report post" button in the post in question. This will allow you to explain what the issue is along with a link to the post, which is sent to every moderator.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:51 PM
DOG ON
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
The moderating team on Rennlist has zero control over such things. A corporation called Internet Brands owns Rennlist and does all the programming and decision making.

We are a team of un-paid volunteers made up of members just like yourself who've taken on the task of moderating.

We've made many suggestions over the years, some have been implemented, some denied, some are still under consideration, and others are just impossible with the current software package.

Best thing people can do is contact IB directly.

If any issues or concerns come up, please use the "report post" button in the post in question. This will allow you to explain what the issue is along with a link to the post, which is sent to every moderator.
As the OP, I can understand (and sympathize with) the moderators limitations. However, if the moderators have any control over user accounts in terms of granting/banning access, I formally request that the seller in my situation be banned from the forum (and especially the marketplace) until such time as the situation can be resolved. I'm happy to provide any and all correspondences/proof of the details of the transaction if such items are needed before the moderators would be willing to take such an action.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:54 AM
shootermcgavin
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I hate to hear this and this is the last place I thought I would see this happen. I’m from NJ, what is the shipping address? I’ll go pay a visit and say I’m you. I’ll collect cash and PayPal you your money back.
great offer but i can envision many a ways this can go sideways...
Old 03-25-2019, 01:15 AM
NJ991
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 214 Posts

I agree, there are crazy people out there. PM’d with the OP, and we both have searched and know who this person is. I’m going to reach out to my friend that is a prosecutor a couple of towns over from where this guy lived and see if by chance he knows who the seller is.

Quick Reply: Marketplace issue. Don't let this happen to you.