Sponsored by:

TRUE OR FALSE

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 12:42 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
One cannot get a Turbo S Cab with a manual so that is what I would miss, a lot.
Very true. I drive MT cars for 40 or so years. Out of my 4 911s 3 were MT. I was sure I would not buy a PDK 911 till I drove a TTS. IMO in that car you are better with PDK. However, you still have to have a MT car in your garage And for me it better be a NA.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:37 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Papa Fittig
Very true. I drive MT cars for 40 or so years. Out of my 4 911s 3 were MT. I was sure I would not buy a PDK 911 till I drove a TTS. IMO in that car you are better with PDK. However, you still have to have a MT car in your garage And for me it better be a NA.
New MT cars will be a challenge to find. There are four Porsche dealers within an hour of my house, and I was able to find only one dealer ordered car with a MT. I suspect that in the not too distant future, MT will be offered as a high priced option, if offered at all.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:42 AM
superdog
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1
New MT cars will be a challenge to find. There are four Porsche dealers within an hour of my house, and I was able to find only one dealer ordered car with a MT. I suspect that in the not too distant future, MT will be offered as a high priced option, if offered at all.
this was the tipping point for me. and exactly why i went with a manual over the pdk.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:39 AM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheFrank
lol yes. who is she. send more pics.
Hilde Osland, @hildee on Insta
Old 03-21-2019, 01:07 PM
MidEngineRules
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by bosco42
True or False - My well equipped 2019 Carmine Red Targa 4 GTS will hold its value better than a new well equipped 2019 Turbo S Cabrio ?

The reason I ask is that I recently took delivery of my new T-4 GTS ( 400 miles on it ) and just saw a Turbos S Cabrio that caught my eye.

Besides money, what will I miss, if anything, by getting the Turbo S and selling my Targa ?
I just went through this (contacted 20 dealers with GT4's I was interested in) and didn't trade because of it. I have a 2017 Targa 4S w/under 3k miles, Porsche Exclusive, with a $178k MSRP. If I begged a dealer I might squeeze $128k on a trade. Current CPO retail would be right around $140k. So take that and apply it to your situation. What you can do is take your VIN and send it to any dealer against a specific car and they'll come back with your trade allowance. Be ready for a shock even on a 2019!
Old 03-21-2019, 01:21 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,249 Likes on 784 Posts

To me, there's no comparison. Turbo S all the way.

As others have mentioned, the Turbo S will likely lose more value relative to MSRP than the Targa, but it will likely retain a higher selling price. It's all speculation; nobody really knows.

Ultimately you have to decide if this really matters or not. Personally, I don't care what my car is worth when I go to sell it. I bought it to drive and enjoy. I don't view it as an investment. The Turbo S offers a fantastic combination of luxury and speed that simply cannot be matched. That said, if you prefer the Targa, then keep it! It's a pretty special vehicle, and definitely unique.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:33 PM
PorscheFrank
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

In terms of absolute dollars you will lose more with the Turbo S cab.

I think for your purposes of "fair weather cruising" you can't go wrong with either. I'd be happy with both. To answer your question, the only thing I think you lose if you choose the Turbo S cab is the iconic targa shape of the car which I think is more unique and more "porsche" than the cab. Other than that it comes down to personal preference. The turbo S cab is a bit "flashier" in my mind, if that matters to you at all.
Old 03-21-2019, 02:27 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Forecasting future depreciation rates makes as much sense as forecasting what the weather will be a year from today. OTOH if your best friend owns a high volume Porsche dealership, and he'd sell you a GT2RS for sticker, we all could make a good guess as to its value in 2 - 3 years.

Quick Reply: TRUE OR FALSE