Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   Anyone Install PCCBs? (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1133997-anyone-install-pccbs.html)

Bob Z. 03-16-2019 03:57 PM

Anyone Install PCCBs?

The 991.2 Turbo PCCB rotors, calipers, and pads I bought from a seller in Germany should be here this week and I have still not been able to compile a list of the extra parts I need to install them on my 991.2 Targa GTS. I have contacted 5 Porsche Parts places and each one gave me a different list!. For example, I know I need parts such as dust/splash shields & bolts, caliper bolts, brake lines, adapters, etc.: has anyone done this already and if so can you share the parts list?

titleistaddict87 03-16-2019 05:44 PM

Haven’t don’t it but quite interested. Subscribed!

Scuderia V 03-16-2019 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Z. (Post 15708258)
The 991.2 Turbo PCCB rotors, calipers, and pads I bought from a seller in Germany should be here this week and I have still not been able to compile a list of the extra parts I need to install them on my 991.2 Targa GTS. I have contacted 5 Porsche Parts places and each one gave me a different list!. For example, I know I need parts such as dust/splash shields & bolts, caliper bolts, brake lines, adapters, etc.: has anyone done this already and if so can you share the parts list?

Be sure you got the right parts. CL and 5lugs - are different discs. GT3 and Turbo/Carrera yellow callipers have different mountings and etc. Rear hubs are different between PCCB and non PCCB cars.

Bob Z. 03-16-2019 08:50 PM

I have 5 lugs.

nilaz 03-17-2019 12:44 AM

Follow the list of your Porsche dealer.

This is the most safe approach.

Bob Z. 03-17-2019 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by nilaz (Post 15709179)
Follow the list of your Porsche dealer.

This is the most safe approach.

I thought that would be the best and correct way; however, four Porsche dealers provided four different part lists. And they all said they had no one request such a list before. Again, I have a 2019 Targa GTS with 5 lug wheels and I am getting rotors, calipers, pads, and wheel sensors from a 991.2 Turbo. I would have thought someone else has done this before and I cannot be the first, or am I?

Scuderia V 03-17-2019 10:24 AM

Was your seller from Leipzig?

Bob Z. 03-17-2019 10:31 AM

No, Hanover.

nilaz 03-17-2019 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Z. (Post 15709525)
I thought that would be the best and correct way; however, four Porsche dealers provided four different part lists. And they all said they had no one request such a list before. Again, I have a 2019 Targa GTS with 5 lug wheels and I am getting rotors, calipers, pads, and wheel sensors from a 991.2 Turbo. I would have thought someone else has done this before and I cannot be the first, or am I?

Seems for 5 lug wheels you might be the first.
For CLs for sure you are not the first.

This upgrade is not common as if you do the mistake (as we did) and skip PCCBs during order you have to pay significant premium to upgrade.

The list i have share with you works 100% for CL application.

Hope everything goes according to your plan.

FYI you Will save around 20kg rotation mass when you Will move from steels to PCCBs.

Bob Z. 03-17-2019 11:50 AM

I'll be sure to update this thread when it is done so others that are interested in doing the same will have a place to find out what they need and what is involved in the installation.

GR997S 03-17-2019 12:36 PM

Do you have an estimated cost? Thanks

titan7 03-17-2019 02:20 PM

Interested in the end result also, what are you doing for brakes now? Didn’t you sell your big reds?

OliverK68 03-17-2019 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Z. (Post 15708258)

Make a comprehensive parts list out of the five. Go to the dealer of choice. Return the parts you don’t use.

Better to return what you don’t need than to come up short!

Bob Z. 03-17-2019 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by titan7 (Post 15709971)
Interested in the end result also, what are you doing for brakes now? Didn’t you sell your big reds?

I still have the Reds on now and the buyer has already paid me for them so when the PCCBs arrive I want to get them swapped ASAP so I can ship them.

And yes, I thought about buying more parts than less and return what I do not use...just need to get a list together that at least includes what I need!

4 Point 0 03-17-2019 07:20 PM

I have a track buddy that has a 991.2 Turbo S with PCCB. We were at the track last month and every time he hit the brakes down the straight, I almost ran up the back of him. I was having to brake 50metres earlier.

Those PCCB work! I only had stock brakes that day. (Castrol SRF). I had 50% pads before track day. The brake light came on 2 hours into the day and ended my day. I had Pagid yellows waiting for the fronts. Drove straight to my guy the next day and had them fitted but the brake light was still on. The rears were toast at the same time as front. (Must be becasue rear engine. All four wore exactly the same time)

Pagid were useless, they said two weeks, that was a month ago. So after teh two weeks and no rear yellows, I went with some brembo pads on the rear. I will do a BBK up grade soon. I'll let the yellows eat the front stock rotors for a bit and then replace everything. I also did Spiegler 6 line, braided lines courtesy of BGB Motorsports in the states. The pedal is much firmer now. The yellows really pull the car up. But they squeal. The squeal is inconsistent. Sometimes they squeal slow and cold, and sometime not. Sometimes they squeal hot and sometimes not. Very strange. I haven't tracked the yellows yet. But I look forward to it.

The PCCB are epic, but too expensive for frequent track. Apparently they only last about 2,000 track km's. Where as on the street 200,000 km's.

Oh, the point I wanted to make. I don't believe that 5 lug discs are any different at all to CL. I have centre locks. Instead of the studs going through the five holes in the discs, we have 5 screw in plugs. But the 5 holes in the discs, are exactly the same for 5 lug and CL. And the centre is just a large hole anyway. They are the same, from eyeballing them. (Steel, I haven't eyeballed CCB but it seems silly to move 5 holes.