Sponsored by:

Sport chrono and sport plus not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 07:01 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway
I don't know about the light, but Sport+ on the 991.2 is definitely more user friendly. Instead of just automatically going to redline to shift, it shifts based on how hard you are pushing it. Don't jam your foot to the floor, and it will shift at a higher profile than Sport, but still in accordance with what you asking of the car. I think it is great you can actually use Sport+ (in auto mode) on normal roads, and not just the track. If you work it just right, you can make your tach look like it is on crack. YMMV
I was pretty sure I had read that before. My guess is everything is working as it should, but OP was expecting his .2 to act like prior 911s in Sport+. Also, I am guessing dark SC clock is just the toggle via setting. Then again, I could be full of ****.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:27 PM
NNN Investment
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So now that you guys mentioned that I went back to settings and date/time. The chrono was not checked. So that is working. As for the sport plus. The 991.1 was a beast in sport plus. Almost not useable in regular traffic. It definitely shifts much sooner then the 991.1
Old 03-16-2019, 10:59 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by NNN Investment
So now that you guys mentioned that I went back to settings and date/time. The chrono was not checked. So that is working. As for the sport plus. The 991.1 was a beast in sport plus. Almost not useable in regular traffic. It definitely shifts much sooner then the 991.1
It actually was unusable in regular traffic unless you enjoyed driving around town in 1st gear all the time. Obviously that could be overcome driving in manual mode all the time, but why have a PDK, if that is your desire?
Old 03-16-2019, 11:58 PM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 134 Posts

deleted
Old 03-17-2019, 12:11 AM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway
It actually was unusable in regular traffic unless you enjoyed driving around town in 1st gear all the time. Obviously that could be overcome driving in manual mode all the time, but why have a PDK, if that is your desire?
+1, if you drive in automatic. I spend much of my time in "manual" mode, where it'll go to redline in normal, sport, or sport+, until you shift it with the paddles. That's why I don't see much of a difference between Sport and Sport +. When go from Sport to Sport +, the throttle map doesn't change.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:35 AM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by mgordon18
I'm betting that this is all "working as intended." You're not supposed to feel a noticable difference from Sport to Sport Plus in terms of the throttle mapping. That is, it won't FEEL faster. Sport + differences are stability control based and other non-immediately noticable stuff.

And Sport, alone, doesn't hold its gear for THAT much longer than Normal.

Looking forward to seeing the outcome.
To me there is a noticeable difference between sport and sport+; more responsive for sure. Driving gentle, sport will shift around 3K RPM and sport+ around 4K. If you hammer it, it should hit redline. Never drove a .1 but I also heard sport+ was unusable except in very spirited driving or on track.

Quick Reply: Sport chrono and sport plus not working