19 inch wheels for 991.2 narrow body with pccb? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 991
Reload this Page >

19 inch wheels for 991.2 narrow body with pccb?

Notices
991
Sponsored by:

19 inch wheels for 991.2 narrow body with pccb?

 
Old 03-14-2019, 10:14 PM
  #1  
Grantsfo
User
Thread Starter
 
Grantsfo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Bonny Doon
Posts: 231
Default 19 inch wheels for 991.2 narrow body with pccb?

Anyone using 19 inch wheels on 991.2 narrow body with PCCBs? Iím looking for Autocross setup using stock widths with 19 that will clear front pccb caliper . Are there any good solutions that wonít scrape my caliper?
Grantsfo is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 10:41 PM
  #2  
good2go
User
 
good2go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 309
Default

Originally Posted by Grantsfo View Post
Anyone using 19 inch wheels on 991.2 narrow body with PCCBs? Iím looking for Autocross setup using stock widths with 19 that will clear front pccb caliper . Are there any good solutions that wonít scrape my caliper?
I was told you have to have 20" with PCCB or RAS.
good2go is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 11:29 PM
  #3  
Grantsfo
User
Thread Starter
 
Grantsfo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Bonny Doon
Posts: 231
Default

991.2 GT3 with pccb and RAS are running some 19s . Certain forged 19 with barrels in right place work but unsure if offsets for narrow body change this?
Grantsfo is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 12:38 AM
  #4  
Tay101
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 106
Default

Originally Posted by Grantsfo View Post
991.2 GT3 with pccb and RAS are running some 19s . Certain forged 19 with barrels in right place work but unsure if offsets for narrow body change this?
There shouldn't be any issues running 19's with RAS on the narrow body cars. That being said, besides cost, there really isn't a need anymore to run 19's as the some of the best track tires come in 20 inch, the Toyo R888R and the Hoosier R7/A7 being at the top.
Tay101 is online now  
Old 03-15-2019, 01:10 AM
  #5  
stout
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
stout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ^ The Bay Bridge, Silly
Posts: 3,463
Default

I know some have had Forgeline make 19s to work with GT4s w/PCCB, so that would be a starting point. It's tight but doable. Not sure how 991.2 NB w/RAS affects things, however...but Forgeline might?
stout is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 09:18 AM
  #6  
Grantsfo
User
Thread Starter
 
Grantsfo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Bonny Doon
Posts: 231
Default

Originally Posted by Tay101 View Post
There shouldn't be any issues running 19's with RAS on the narrow body cars. That being said, besides cost, there really isn't a need anymore to run 19's as the some of the best track tires come in 20 inch, the Toyo R888R and the Hoosier R7/A7 being at the top.
Iím not looking for track setup. Looking for optimum street tire class setup for autocross. Wanting 255 front and 305 rear re71 which is only available in 19. No A7 in 20 in sizes to fit yet but that would push me out of street class.
Grantsfo is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 09:38 AM
  #7  
Grantsfo
User
Thread Starter
 
Grantsfo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Bonny Doon
Posts: 231
Default

Originally Posted by stout View Post
I know some have had Forgeline make 19s to work with GT4s w/PCCB, so that would be a starting point. It's tight but doable. Not sure how 991.2 NB w/RAS affects things, however...but Forgeline might?
I have heard similar about Forgeline. I’m checking with Jongbloed as well. Just wondering if any 991.2 narrow body with pccb and ras have done this yet. I ordered my T partially with AX in mind and was hoping to find optimum wheel and tire which now seems to be 19 inch with 255 and 305 RE71. Have to laugh as I over looked pccb issue as I was running 18s on my pccb equipped 987 cayman S but hadn’t realized new 911 pccb calipers were so much bigger or that ras might cause issues. Also casually noticed 991 gt3s with pccbs and ras using 19s so no idea id be looking at specialized 19 build. But haven’t found any narrow body owners yet .

Worse case I can stick with 20 and use 245/295 re71. I just was hoping for very best setup with more sizes in top tires for AX.
Grantsfo is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: