PPF Repair

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 03:40 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,118 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by orclean1
Porsche nuts how did u get the damage ? show some pics

Here are the pics - sorry for poor quality, but detail on white does not photograph well. As for how I got it, beats me. I can only assume a sharp edged rock of something hit it as a was driving. Tried to clean it out and everything, but it is not getting better than what you see. Its about a 1/4 -3/8 inch gash.

Old 03-18-2020, 07:31 PM
AKB991
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

In front of driver’s side wheel well.

Up close.
Expel Ultimate installed at dealer from day 1. I washed and clayed and I still have this shotgun blast. There is some missing film - I know that must be replaced or live with it. However , how can I clean up the rest of the shrapnel. Alcohol ? That’s ok for Expel ? I guess it did it’s job but I hate to replace it 4 mos old. Thanks all.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:52 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 710 Likes on 495 Posts

You could have the film leveled and put some shark fin rear fender protectors. My car is in the shop as we speak and will be having this added. I have full fender Xpel PPF but at $1200 per fender, I want to have something removable and disposable. I’m going to use matte black PPF.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:44 AM
K C
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

First of all ppf cannot be repaired but only option is replacement. Secondly, you should be covered by the factory 10yr warranty from xpel. Try talking to your installer
Old 03-19-2020, 03:46 PM
THE REFINERY
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack F
You could have the film leveled and put some shark fin rear fender protectors. My car is in the shop as we speak and will be having this added. I have full fender Xpel PPF but at $1200 per fender, I want to have something removable and disposable. I’m going to use matte black PPF.
When we do full rear quarter-panel PPF installs, we always recommend reinstalling a "dogleg" or "shark fin" piece back on top of the large panel piece. That allows you to remove a very small piece of film when it eventually gets sandblasted, thereby protecting the large piece covering the whole panel. Replacement cost for the large panel is 10x the cost of the small piece that sits on top.

THE REFINERY
Paint Correction | Ceramic Coatings | Paint Protection Film | Detailing Products
6 Carlaw Avenue
Toronto, Canada.

www.therefinery.ltd

+1.416.848.2868
info@therefinery.ltd
Follow us on: Instagram / Facebook / Twitter
THE REFINERY's YouTube Channel

Old 03-19-2020, 03:48 PM
THE REFINERY
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by K C
First of all ppf cannot be repaired but only option is replacement. Secondly, you should be covered by the factory 10yr warranty from xpel. Try talking to your installer
A warranty doesn't guarantee that the PPF cannot be ruined or torn by impacts. It's against defects in the material.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:58 PM
K C
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by THE REFINERY
A warranty doesn't guarantee that the PPF cannot be ruined or torn by impacts. It's against defects in the material.
my guy replaced mine twice no questions. Guess thats how you diff a good installer from others

Quick Reply: PPF Repair