Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please offer opinions on pricing for this 991.1 C4S

Old 03-14-2019, 10:08 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Manual cars are harder to find and if the OP is like me, and a few others here, I would not be driving my 991.2 if it had the PDK.

OP- mid $70s is a fair price
Old 03-15-2019, 12:12 AM
SLC Tortfeasor
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Seller just told me he can't see letting it go for less than 80K.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:46 AM
1Carnut
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

After over 470 cars there is one thing I will tell you, a good deal is nothing more than a state of mind. I've seen people post what they think a car should be worth, in some cases far below the market average, which is probably why some folks take so long to find a car to buy. I'm old and not very patient. There are CPO'd (same year) cars with over 40K miles with asking prices in the mid 70's. If the car has what you want and you want it, then it can be a good deal for you. Spring is coming and prices tend to go up not down during better weather months. The car I bought is my winter fun car, and will go into storage on April 1st.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:45 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Originally Posted by SLC Tortfeasor
Seller just told me he can't see letting it go for less than 80K.
If you like the car and $80k will not break the bank buy it. That price is not worth walking away from considering everything I have heard from you.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:15 PM
Dkk16
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by AWay
Does it have all the options YOU want? It would be missing 18 ways and SPASM for me personally, and I know it's polarizing but I only like these 991 in PDK. That said, 73-75 seems more than fair to me. A lot of car for the money! If it's a car you really like I absolutely guarantee you'll forget about an extra $1k here or there the day you first get it home.
Exactly!! I would pay an extra 4-6k for that perfect USED 911. From a dealer, that’s different. I am all about getting a good deal if possible, but also want the right car. I usually buy cars new then sell used down the road.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:35 PM
jll1011
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Just one other thought. If you are going to spend $80K, do you consider searching for a 991.2 and get the associated upgrades?
Old 03-15-2019, 04:39 PM
Dkk16
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

How is everyone coming up with their used 911 pricing?
Old 03-15-2019, 04:41 PM
jll1011
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Dkk16
How is everyone coming up with their used 911 pricing?
Ha, don't you know we are all experts? Someone on this string smartly said previously "The right price is the price the seller is willing to sell it at and the buyer willing to pay for it". I like that the best.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:52 PM
SLC Tortfeasor
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dkk16

Exactly!! I would pay an extra 4-6k for that perfect USED 911. From a dealer, that’s different. I am all about getting a good deal if possible, but also want the right car. I usually buy cars new then sell used down the road.
Yeah, I'm not trying to nickle and dime the seller, but I can't afford to overpay by $4-6K. Buying an expensive sports car is already a bad financial decision. I know there are people who have way more money than me who can absorb that kind of loss without too much heartburn, but not me. I'm just looking to see if we can get the price somewhere in the fair market value range, rather than outside that range. Obviously reasonable minds often differ about what's "fair," and that's part of the reason why input from the experts here on Rennlist can be helpful.

It's funny: I can tell the seller is very ambivalent about selling. And as a buyer, I feel the same way! Part of me dreads acquiring my next 911, because I know firsthand how much of a hassle it can be to unload. If you trade it or sell it to a dealer you get screwed so the dealer can make a profit. If you try to sell it to an individual, you have to deal with annoying people like me, and the process can take a long time. And no matter what you do, you have to confront the reality of how much money you lost while owning your car. And that all assumes you didn't make any modifications to the car. If you upgrade your wheels or exhaust, you lose even more money on the deal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to eventually getting my next 911. But the longer I wait to buy, the better. These cars are just depreciating every day, and there are always more being listed for sale somewhere.

That reminds me ... time to go check the classifieds and "hot for sale" threads!
Old 03-15-2019, 05:02 PM
SLC Tortfeasor
Instructor

Originally Posted by jll1011
Ha, don't you know we are all experts? Someone on this string smartly said previously "The right price is the price the seller is willing to sell it at and the buyer willing to pay for it". I like that the best.
True, but if I, as buyer, am wiling to pay above the range that most would characterize as "fair market value," then I'm going to either (1) lose more money than necessary to when it's time to sell, or (2) go through a long and arduous process trying to find another guy who's also willing to pay above the fair market range. Neither of those things is very enjoyable and both would dampen my enthusiasm for 911 ownership. So I think it's worth ensuring at the outset that I don't overpay when I'm a buyer.

And to be honest, the hunt is kind of enjoyable too.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:30 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default tax advantage

Not sure where you live but if the purchase price ia left blank on the bill of sale or the car is registered in Montana 6k is easily offset.

[QUOTE=SLC Tortfeasor;15706364]Yeah, I'm not trying to nickle and dime the seller, but I can't afford to overpay by $4-6K. Buying an expensive sports car is already a bad financial decision. I know there are people who have way more money than me who can absorb that kind of loss without too much heartburn, but not me. I'm just looking to see if we can get the price somewhere in the fair market value range, rather than outside that range. Obviously reasonable minds often differ about what's "fair," and that's part of the reason why input from the experts here on Rennlist can be helpful.

It's funny: I can tell the seller is very ambivalent about selling. And as a buyer, I feel the same way! Part of me dreads acquiring my next 911, because I know firsthand how much of a hassle it can be to unload. If you trade it or sell it to a dealer you get screwed so the dealer can make a profit. If you try to sell it to an individual, you have to deal with annoying people like me, and the process can take a long time. And no matter what you do, you have to confront the reality of how much money you lost while owning your car. And that all assumes you didn't make any modifications to the car. If you upgrade your wheels or exhaust, you lose even more money on the deal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to eventually getting my next 911. But the longer I wait to buy, the better. These cars are just depreciating every day, and there are always more being listed for sale somewhere.

That reminds me ... time to go check the classifieds and "hot for sale" threads![/QUOTE
Old 03-19-2019, 12:31 AM
NNN Investment
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$76k is MMR. So anything close to that is good.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:43 PM
AWay
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 74 Posts

He wants 80. What do you want to spend? Easy enough to come together or walk away depending on that spread. If you are ready to purchase or mail a check that can also be persuasive to a seller.

Consider this. If this is basically the exact spec you're looking for and you pass on this car, when is the next one just like it going to become available? And at what price? I would hate to lose a season of driving and enjoyment for a couple k.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:49 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 115 Posts

Not that I know any more than anyone else, but I don't think that "great deals" really exist. They're just "deals" that anyone else could get also (with rare exceptions), but that the seller is good at his/her job and makes the buyer think that they're special/better negotiator than everyone else.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:57 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Originally Posted by mb1
Not that I know any more than anyone else, but I don't think that "great deals" really exist. They're just "deals" that anyone else could get also (with rare exceptions), but that the seller is good at his/her job and makes the buyer think that they're special/better negotiator than everyone else.
I disagree. Sometimes one finds themself in the right place at the right time. I once picked up a ride that the owner wanted to sell ASAP due to a divorce that came up after he listed it. Or there are times someone wants to pursue an investment deal of some sort and make sense to them to dump a car in order to make more elsewhere. I wil agree that "great deals" are not that common but they do exist.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please offer opinions on pricing for this 991.1 C4S