Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 911t owner!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 09:18 AM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,115 Likes on 665 Posts

I thought to myself-all v3 accessports are the same physical unit-shouldn’t they be able to upgrade the software? I decided to give Cobb a ring and see what their thoughts were. Low and behold-it could be done and done at a pretty reasonable price! I would need to ship them my unmarried por007 accessport along with my factory ecu and they would upgrade the por007 to the por0111 for the 991.2 and unlock my ecu! The cost was $150 for the unlock and $400 for the upgrade. Not bad at all considering I already had the accessport and didn’t have to bother selling it at this point. My concern was how fast could they get this done?
Old 03-13-2019, 09:27 AM
polobai
Drifting

Now for the timeline. I called them on Friday, March 1st and needed everything back in time for March 14th as I am taking the car out for my birthday on March 15th. On Monday, March 4th I called Cobb in the morning to see realistically if it could be done. They assured me they would do their best-as long as I got them the ecu and accessport ASAP. I took the car apart that morning and packed and shipped the parts to them via priority mail on Monday, March 4th at 2:30pm. The package arrived to them on Wednesday March 6th. As they said the would-I got an email that they received it and started working on it on Thursday March 7th. Later that day they informed me that the upgrade and ecu unlock were done! I made the payment and they shipped the unit back to me via overnight mail! By Friday March 8th at 10am I had the unit and ecu back in my hand!!!! Talk about an amazing turnaround!!! The ecu looked amazing-couldn’t even tel it was opened, all in all very impressed with the service from @COBB Tuning so far!!!

Last edited by polobai; 03-13-2019 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:12 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by polobai
Here’s another upgrade I did this week:
Changed the oem battery to an Antigravity rs30. Saved 40+ lbs right away!!! I had one my gt4 and it was great!

Yes-it’s really that light including all brackets

Yes-it’s really that heavy

Not too shabby
very cool, I may do that down the line myself.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:23 PM
stevenvillatoro
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Changed the oem battery to an Antigravity rs30. Saved 40+ lbs right away!!! I had one my gt4 and it was great!

Your fuel evonomy must’ve skyrocketed, hehe kidding. Was the weight savings very noticeable?
Old 03-13-2019, 05:48 PM
polobai
Drifting

Not at all-my plan is to lose 100 lbs total...65 ish from the car and 35ish for myself
Old 03-13-2019, 05:54 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Yes-it’s really that light including all brackets

Yes-it’s really that heavy

Not too shabby
Saw that, but wonder about battery fires.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:56 PM
polobai
Drifting

I ran it on the gt4 for about 10 months with no issues. This one has a battery management system that will actually turn off the battery on its own in the event there is a discharge or surge. I’m sure Scott @Antigravity can chime in.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:56 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 977 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy

Saw that, but wonder about battery fires.
Not too much to wonder about as the RS-30 has a built in BMS(Battery Management System) which prevents and protects against over discharge, over charge, as well as thermal protections to prevent the battery from being put in a condition where it could be susceptible to thermal runaway like some other available options out there are.

Looking good btw Polobai!
Old 03-14-2019, 10:08 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Not too much to wonder about as the RS-30 has a built in BMS(Battery Management System) which prevents and protects against over discharge, over charge, as well as thermal protections to prevent the battery from being put in a condition where it could be susceptible to thermal runaway like some other available options out there are.

Looking good btw Polobai!
Thanks for that. One more thing: I watched your video for the bluetooth battery monitor but there was nothing on installation. The web page mentions that it is easy to install, but I couldn't find installation instructions. Could you direct me to that? Thanks.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:02 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 977 Likes on 542 Posts

Should be able to get it from the following link from the site.
https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...s-user-manuals

For anyone else interested this is what Dan is referring to...

Antigravity Batteries is excited to announce a new Product we have developed called the BATTERY TRACKER. You can read more about it here.... https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...acker-lithium/

The Battery Tracker is a small Bluetooth Device (2.75" x 2" x 0.5" thick) which you attach to your Car Battery's Terminal Clamps.... quick, and simple installation. You then download the App onto your Phone or Tablet (Apple and Android compatible). The App will then give you the Real Time Voltage, as well as show a graphical representation of your Voltage History over the past 31 days at two minute intervals directly to your phone. Additionally the Battery Tracker does a Cranking Test, which will show your voltage drop on a Start attempt, and it also has a Charging system Test to test your charging systems output to ensure your alternator is charging.

I understand that some may say "well that's sort of lame.... who needs to see their Voltage when the Car has a Voltage indicator...". Well, it should be understood that it's Bluetooth, so the data is transferred to your phone if you are within 30 ft of the car or even if you walk by the car it will put the data on your phone in the App, it will even ALERT you if the battery voltage is low and needs a charge. So it's an effective way to better understand how fast your battery is draining and to know the Voltage even if you are not IN the Car, You can use it as a real time voltmeter for the car, or use it to see if a new accessory is over-discharging the car fast. There are quite a few uses in Automobiles and other application for monitoring a 12v battery.

1- The Battery Tracker will allow you to monitor the level and speed of Parasitic Draws on your vehicle’s battery and see how fast the battery is discharging over a period of time. For example if your car is in storage during the week, or for months you can see with the Historical voltage graph how fast your car is losing its voltage. The Graph in the app shows the battery at 13.2v on January 1st, but when you check January 21st you can see you lost .5v during 3 weeks. Or say you just want to make sure the voltage hasn't dropped too far since you haven't driven it in a few weeks.... well that data is automatically transferred to your phone if you walked within 30 ft of the car. You can even use it as a real time voltage tester for the Car. It shows real time and historical data which can provide a lot of information actually....

2- If your Battery is getting low on energy and needs a Charge you can set the Battery Tracker to send you an Alert BEFORE you come back to a dead battery and a car that won’t start. This allows you to be alerted to put your Battery on a Charger before it’s dead. This can work great for companies with Fleets, or for persons with multiple Cars that don’t get driven often.

3- You can monitor your Vehicle Charge level over the span of 31 days. The historical graph will actually show each start attempt and then also show when you are driving since you will see the Voltage go up as the Alternator is charging. You will see if the voltage is spiking above 15v which is not good for batteries.

4- You can also see each Start the car has done over 31 days and if it was driven because the Voltage data will show the start attempt and voltage drop... then your voltage reading goes immediately higher for the time the car is driving and the alternator is charging the car.... . So you can catch the fact that the Maid, was driving your Car when you were away on Vacation!

5- You can also verify if your Vehicle’s charging system is working, and at what Voltage your Alternator is charging the battery during driving. This could be useful to home mechanics to verify charging, and also eliminate the charging system as a potential cause of a non-charging battery problem.

6- For Racers and Track day enthusiasts it can give data on the battery’s state of charge, and alternator’s output during time on the track. Additionally for Total Loss Systems it can document the voltage decline while in operation.

7- For tuners they can be looking at the phone to see where the battery is at while the tuning is going on. Some tunings take a long time and can drain a small Lithium or Lead Battery before its done.

Here's a video of it.

Last edited by Antigravity; 03-15-2019 at 01:10 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 03-14-2019, 02:23 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Should be able to get it from the following link from the site.
https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...s-user-manuals

For anyone else interested this is what Dan is referring to...

Antigravity Batteries is excited to announce a new Product we have developed called the BATTERY TRACKER. You can read more about it here.... https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...acker-lithium/

The Battery Tracker is a small Bluetooth Device (2.75" x 2" x 0.5" thick) which you attach to your Car Battery's Terminal Clamps.... quick, and simple installation. You then download the App onto your Phone or Tablet (Apple and Android compatible). The App will then give you the Real Time Voltage, as well as show a graphical representation of your Voltage History over the past 31 days at two minute intervals directly to your phone. Additionally the Battery Tracker does a Cranking Test, which will show your voltage drop on a Start attempt, and it also has a Charging system Test to test your charging systems output to ensure your alternator is charging.

I understand that some may say "well that's sort of lame.... who needs to see their Voltage when the Car has a Voltage indicator...". Well, it should be understood that it's Bluetooth, so the data is transferred to your phone if you are within 30 ft of the car or even if you walk by the car it will put the data on your phone in the App, it will even ALERT you if the battery voltage is low and needs a charge. So it's an effective way to better understand how fast your battery is draining and to know the Voltage even if you are not IN the Car, You can use it as a real time voltmeter for the car, or use it to see if a new accessory is over-discharging the car fast. There are quite a few uses in Automobiles and other application for monitoring a 12v battery.

1- The Battery Tracker will allow you to monitor the level and speed of Parasitic Draws on your vehicle’s battery and see how fast the battery is discharging over a period of time. For example if your car is in storage during the week, or for months you can see with the Historical voltage graph how fast your car is losing its voltage. The Graph in the app shows the battery at 13.2v on January 1st, but when you check January 21st you can see you lost .5v during 3 weeks. Or say you just want to make sure the voltage hasn't dropped too far since you haven't driven it in a few weeks.... well that data is automatically transferred to your phone if you walked within 30 ft of the car. You can even use it as a real time voltage tester for the Car. It shows real time and historical data which can provide a lot of information actually....

2- If your Battery is getting low on energy and needs a Charge you can set the Battery Tracker to send you an Alert BEFORE you come back to a dead battery and a car that won’t start. This allows you to be alerted to put your Battery on a Charger before it’s dead. This can work great for companies with Fleets, or for persons with multiple Cars that don’t get driven often.

3- You can monitor your Vehicle Charge level over the span of 31 days. The historical graph will actually show each start attempt and then also show when you are driving since you will see the Voltage go up as the Alternator is charging. You will see if the voltage is spiking above 15v which is not good for batteries.

4- You can also see each Start the car has done over 31 days and if it was driven because the Voltage data will show the start attempt and voltage drop... then your voltage reading goes immediately higher for the time the car is driving and the alternator is charging the car.... . So you can catch the fact that the Maid, was driving your Car when you were away on Vacation!

4- You can also verify if your Vehicle’s charging system is working, and at what Voltage your Alternator is charging the battery during driving. This could be useful to home mechanics to verify charging, and also eliminate the charging system as a potential cause of a non-charging battery problem.

5- For Racers and Track day enthusiasts it can give data on the battery’s state of charge, and alternator’s output during time on the track. Additionally for Total Loss Systems it can document the voltage decline while in operation.

6- For tuners they can be looking at the phone to see where the battery is at while the tuning is going on. Some tunings take a long time and can drain a small Lithium or Lead Battery before its done.

Here's a video of it.

https://youtu.be/lkFMBfqS-Hk

Thanks. Super simple.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:45 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

OP, congrats on new car. I like your mods. Keep us updated
Old 03-14-2019, 04:47 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

Any word on how the tune runs?
Old 03-14-2019, 07:23 PM
polobai
Drifting

Thanks-will be sure to keep everyone up to speed! More mods have been done-just have to create the threads. The tune is pretty awesome so far-just took it out for the first time yesterday. Noticeably faster (just on OTS stage 1 right now). Boost went from 11 (stock) to 15psi (stage 1). The only thing I noticed is that the car is more sensitive to take off and sometimes “jerks” if I don’t give enough throttle. That’s probably me just getting adjusted to the throttle.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:29 PM
Sensr215
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks-will be sure to keep everyone up to speed! More mods have been done-just have to create the threads. The tune is pretty awesome so far-just took it out for the first time yesterday. Noticeably faster (just on OTS stage 1 right now). Boost went from 11 (stock) to 15psi (stage 1). The only thing I noticed is that the car is more sensitive to take off and sometimes “jerks” if I don’t give enough throttle. That’s probably me just getting adjusted to the throttle.
I noticed the same when taking off in first. Did you also notice more of a jolt when shifting in other gears? Overall the OTS stage 1 is great though!

Quick Reply: New 911t owner!!!