Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 x Brand New 991.2 GT2 RS Vandalized at Dealer Lot - how to proceed?

Old 03-12-2019, 01:48 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,788 Likes on 2,157 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Cali is 3% of MSRP or $500 whatever is greater.

https://law.justia.com/codes/califor...9990-9993.html

Probably can paint for less that $10k so no obligation to be disclosed.

BTW this is why I insisted on seeing my car when it came in ASAP. It paid off as first one I ordered had a crack in the bumper. Dealer was up front about it (told me right away before I arrived) and ordered me another one.

Also pays to ask if the car had any damage or paint work as the dealer can’t lie if they know, at least in Cali.

Porsche dealers can’t list new cars other than at MSRP so not surprising they are not on the website.
Which begs the question....how many more "unlisted" GT2RSs are sitting collecting dust on dealer lots? I love how Porsche kept pumping the cars out and this stealership is sitting on 8 cars. Asshats. haha
Old 03-12-2019, 01:52 AM
vroomz
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Which begs the question....how many more "unlisted" GT2RSs are sitting collecting dust on dealer lots? I love how Porsche kept pumping the cars out and this stealership is sitting on 8 cars. Asshats. haha
I hope it bites them in the ***! I'll admit that I'm butthurt because I was willing to pay sticker for a damaged (dream) car and I was still told to take a walk. This is pure greed. They're sitting on 8 cars but refuse to make things work. It's also very shady that they're not listing the cars online.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:04 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by vroomz
I hope it bites them in the ***! I'll admit that I'm butthurt because I was willing to pay sticker for a damaged (dream) car and I was still told to take a walk. This is pure greed. They're sitting on 8 cars but refuse to make things work. It's also very shady that they're not listing the cars online.
Give it a bit longer and they will be MSRP, at least for low miles VIP cars. I know of one that sold st $35k over and a PTS/LTS one that sold at $40k over. Both very low miles. There is a lot of hidden GT2RS inventory because of flippers and greedy dealers.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:25 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by shammerman
Hmm... Again. their website does not list any GT2 RS cars for sale... http://www.porschedowntownla.com/new...odel%5B%5D=911
Weird, considering they have a GT Silver 2RS sitting in the showroom (along with a lizard 3RS, Carrera GT, and black Panamera Sport Turismo... in other words, quite literally the perfect 4 car garage).
Old 03-12-2019, 02:36 AM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

How serious are you? How far are you willing to take things? Call PCNA and be the biggest tattletale.. They might be of some assistance for you but very bold.
Old 03-12-2019, 04:20 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Just curious... which car was $150k over MSRP?

Also, since you have photos, could you post pictures of the scratches?

Thank you..
Old 03-12-2019, 07:26 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

I love guys like you that just like to play difficult and make it difficult for everyone. Do you also like to watch Alex Jones and read Breitbart? Smh .
LMAO, was gonna say the same thing. Some people's lives are just too boring. Unfortunately that frame of mind spreads to everything.... including an innocuous post about cars.

I'm no pro in the GT2 RS market department, but with the 992 around the corner and considering a 911 with a turbo isn't exactly as rare a species as it was when prior GT2 RS's come out, I have a hunch that ADM's won't be so realistic in the near future. The GT2 RS at sticker is a great value considering what you get and the predicted future marketplace for this car (profitable) so I agree that a repainted rear would make it very worth it if they would bite. Otherwise, no way pay an ADM with compromises like that.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:44 AM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 168 Posts

Seems like all they need to do is find several customers that want full custom color GT2’s. (In LA probably not difficult)

They can grab a claim check, paint the cars, disclose the repaint as a service for the customer, and make more in the process.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:30 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 403 Likes on 288 Posts
Default painted car thats a no at any price

What buyer would not do a paint meter reading on one of these when you go to resell. This dealer is gonna rip someone off. I would not pay list for a damaged or hand painted vehicle. Go back and see if you can grab skme oics then email them to pcna and post here.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:33 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale

Thank you..

Yeah, pics would be nice to validate ...
Old 03-12-2019, 11:01 AM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RONGLOS
If I was told to take a walk I would name the dealer. Dealers are asses on a good day.
The post immediately before yours shows the Monroney sticker which lists the Dealer's name and address

Hey guys, I was shopping for a GT2 RS yesterday and the dealer had a few 2018s and 2019s in stock with...... a whole row of brand new (4x) 991.2 GT2RS and (2x) GT3RS keyed and vandalized in the rear. Deep scratches on the trunk and quarter panels. Also a couple of regular 991.2.. The damage was extensive and requires the whole rear of each car to be repainted (minus bumpers).

How would you guys proceed in a similar situation? Do you think a $50k ADM is still justified for a car that needs to have 30%-40% of its body panels repainted?
Originally Posted by fester
Don’t think about even paying msrp on these

WALK AWAY FROM THIS DEALER AND HIS $150k ADM
- Porsche is making big numbers of GT2RS and when production totals are finalised, some may be shocked at the quantities produced. These will not be rare collector's items, you will be able to get your price in a year or less

Why not reach out to good guy dealerships like CJ at Porsche Fresno?

Last edited by Agent_Orange; 03-12-2019 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:03 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

It's unbelievable and unthinkable that dealer had those cars parked outside. It's too bad he didn't have live security and a remotely controlled Phalanx gun to eliminate the perps. How does a franchised Porsche Dealer not have indoor parking for cars like these? 😳
Old 03-12-2019, 12:07 PM
PorscheFrank
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

it was fortunate that someone other than the dealership was there to see this.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:18 PM
vroomz
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale

Thank you..
They said all of them had $150k ADM when I was in the showroom. When I got to the lot, the sticker actually said $100k over and I did bring it up. Now in regards to pictures of the scratches, I didn't think of taking due to the shock. I only took pictures of the Window stickers I was interested in. Sorry.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:20 PM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Alright everyone, take a step back and think about this, we are considering whether or not we would pay $50K OVER FOR A BRAND NEW DAMAGED CAR? ARE WE INSANE? The answer is simply NO NO NO!

I agree the cars are amazing, bug jeez, we all need to have some dignity and use logic.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4 x Brand New 991.2 GT2 RS Vandalized at Dealer Lot - how to proceed?