Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 x Brand New 991.2 GT2 RS Vandalized at Dealer Lot - how to proceed?

Old 03-11-2019, 11:57 PM
vroomz
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 x Brand New 991.2 GT2 RS Vandalized at Dealer Lot - how to proceed?

Hey guys,

I was shopping for a GT2 RS yesterday and the dealer had a few 2018s and 2019s in stock with a requested ADM of $150k. I was not going to pay anywhere close to that but I asked to take a look at the cars to see which one I'd like to go with and fo from there. The cars were stored at an off-site parking lot.

When we got there, I started to inspect the cars and I couldn't believe what I saw. There was a whole row of brand new (4x) 991.2 GT2RS and (2x) GT3RS keyed and vandalized in the rear. Deep scratches on the trunk and quarter panels. Also a couple of regular 991.2.. The damage was extensive and requires the whole rear of each car to be repainted (minus bumpers). As a car enthusiast, it really hurt to see and took me a while to process. We all recollected ourselves while the salesperson called his GM, facetimed etc.. and he said.. well I guess no more ADM for you... I thought, well, maybe this is a great way to turn this into a good situation.

Got back to the dealership, offered to buy one of the keyed cars right away for MSRP as I saw that people were paying $35k ADM for brand new, undamaged GT2RS. I was told to take a walk by the GM unless I paid $50k over. I tried to politely reason with them an explain what they currently go for based on my market research but they weren't having it. They said that they were confident that they can still stell them for ADM as they had many offers for MSRPs that they refused. This dealership has 8 x GT2RS total.

How would you guys proceed in a similar situation? Do you think a $50k ADM is still justified for a car that needs to have 30%-40% of its body panels repainted?

I don't want to disclose the dealership's name as I'd like to avoid annoying them. That being said, I have a feeling they're going to try and sweep it under the rug and sell them to unsuspecting buyers for a small markup.

Would love your input.

Edit: This is at Porsche Downtown Los Angeles. I have 2 VINs for 2 of the Weissach cars I was looking at. I didn't write down the VIN for the other cars.

Vin 1: WP0AE2A93KS155194

Vin 2: WP0AE2A98JS185709

Edit 2: Here are photos I took of the window stickers of 2 of the damaged car that I was interested in.

Last edited by vroomz; 03-12-2019 at 02:28 AM.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:08 AM
RONGLOS
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

If I was told to take a walk I would name the dealer. Dealers are asses on a good day.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:10 AM
vroomz
Track Day

Originally Posted by RONGLOS
If I was told to take a walk I would name the dealer. Dealers are asses on a good day.
They told me to take a walk in the most polite way possible but nonetheless, I was still told to take a walk. My salesperson was doing his best to make it work, but his manager had a different opinion and wouldn't budge at all. I was willing to buy it on the spot.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:17 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 729 Posts

I would not pay a $50k adm on a car that had that level of repaint. You will get dinged bad when you want to flip it.

It makes me sick to think this is some jerks way of having a good time out of jealousy and ignorance in destroying private property. Whats wrong with people?

Don't do it, go for list.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:34 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Others to choose from for ADM - keep looking. Also -may be a good thing to post VIns - to protect future buyers.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:37 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Depending on the state there are disclosure obligations as to new cars and repaired damage. Unfortunately, I don’t think the paint work on keying would do it in my state as not enough $$$. Anyway, how would you feel if you bought a GT2RS with undisclosed paint work? Hopefully you got pics and VINs.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:46 AM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 603 Likes on 330 Posts

Hmm... you say the unnamed dealership has 8 GT2RS? I question that and the whole story to be honest. All these very high end Porsches being stored on a unsecured remote lot???

Last edited by shammerman; 03-12-2019 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-12-2019, 12:48 AM
vroomz
Track Day

Originally Posted by shammerman
Hmm... you say the unnamed dealership has 8 GT2RS? I question that and the whole story to be honest. All these very high end Porsches being stored on a unsecured remote lot???

Post updated. I was equally as shocked to see the unsecured lot within a downtown parking structure. They think it's an old employee who did it if I were to believe my salesperson.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:00 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts

Don’t think about even paying msrp on these
Old 03-12-2019, 01:04 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

These guys will repaint the cars and not even disclose it.

I'd post this in the GT3 forum too ....
Old 03-12-2019, 01:04 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Oh man, they got a GT2RS PTS car. Ouch.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:05 AM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 603 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by vroomz
Post updated. I was equally as shocked to see the unsecured lot within a downtown parking structure. They think it's an old employee who did it if I were to believe my salesperson.
Hmm... Again. their website does not list any GT2 RS cars for sale... http://www.porschedowntownla.com/new...odel%5B%5D=911

Old 03-12-2019, 01:09 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by vroomz
Hey guys,

I was shopping for a GT2 RS yesterday and the dealer had a few 2018s and 2019s in stock with a requested ADM of $150k. I was not going to pay anywhere close to that but I asked to take a look at the cars to see which one I'd like to go with and fo from there. The cars were stored at an off-site parking lot.

When we got there, I started to inspect the cars and I couldn't believe what I saw. There was a whole row of brand new (4x) 991.2 GT2RS and (2x) GT3RS keyed and vandalized in the rear. Deep scratches on the trunk and quarter panels. Also a couple of regular 991.2.. The damage was extensive and requires the whole rear of each car to be repainted (minus bumpers). As a car enthusiast, it really hurt to see and took me a while to process. We all recollected ourselves while the salesperson called his GM, facetimed etc.. and he said.. well I guess no more ADM for you... I thought, well, maybe this is a great way to turn this into a good situation.

Got back to the dealership, offered to buy one of the keyed cars right away for MSRP as I saw that people were paying $35k ADM for brand new, undamaged GT2RS. I was told to take a walk by the GM unless I paid $50k. over I tried politely, reasoning an explaining but they weren't having it. They are confident that they can still mark them up as they had many offers for MSRPs that they refused. This dealership has 8 x GT2RS total.

How would you guys proceed in a similar situation? Do you think a $50k ADM is still justified for a car that needs to have 30%-40% of its body panels repainted?

I don't want to disclose the dealership's name as I'd like to avoid annoying them. That being said, I have a feeling they're going to try and sweep it under the rug and sell them to unsuspecting buyers for a small markup.

Would love your input.

Edit: This is at Porsche Downtown Los Angeles. I have 2 VINs for 2 of the Weissach cars I was looking at. I didn't write down the VIN for the other cars.

Vin 1: WP0AE2A93KS155194

Vin 2: WP0AE2A98JS185709

I'd post this in the GT3 forum ..
Old 03-12-2019, 01:11 AM
vroomz
Track Day

Originally Posted by shammerman
Hmm... Again. their website does not list any GT2 RS cars for sale... http://www.porschedowntownla.com/new...odel%5B%5D=911
I love guys like you that just like to play difficult and make it difficult for everyone. Do you also like to watch Alex Jones and read Breitbart? Smh . You have questions? Go ahead and call the dealer yourself. The vins are above. I don't know why it's not listed on their website. Maybe they took them down?

Old 03-12-2019, 01:14 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Cali is 3% of MSRP or $500 whatever is greater.

https://law.justia.com/codes/califor...9990-9993.html

Probably can paint for less that $10k so no obligation to be disclosed.

BTW this is why I insisted on seeing my car when it came in ASAP. It paid off as first one I ordered had a crack in the bumper. Dealer was up front about it (told me right away before I arrived) and ordered me another one.

Also pays to ask if the car had any damage or paint work as the dealer can’t lie if they know, at least in Cali.

Porsche dealers can’t list new cars other than at MSRP so not surprising they are not on the website.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4 x Brand New 991.2 GT2 RS Vandalized at Dealer Lot - how to proceed?