Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Dashcams worth it

https://youtu.be/x6TFyAlQXbk
Old 03-11-2019, 05:44 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 327 Likes on 194 Posts

What did he do, other than cutting into your lane a little bit close?

I had a run-in, two weeks ago, with a driver of a large pickup truck. He was riding my rear bumper (about a foot back). I slowed stopped, got out and walked back to discuss it with him. He started to get out, then got right back in as I approached. Turned out he was only a tough guy when his truck was wrapped around him.

He told me, from inside his truck, that he "took out a Porsche" the week before and then proceeded to make a few other negative comments about Porsches. Guy had issues. Flipped me the bird as he drove off.

I guess I have issues too, as I probably should just pull over and let such people go by. Although I wasn't angry; just not willing to be bullied. I'll have to work on that.

Old 03-11-2019, 05:55 PM
orclean1
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

V999 its not worth getting shot at or damaging your car , FxxxEM let the go bye .
Old 03-11-2019, 06:05 PM
Arxigos
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by orclean1
V999 its not worth getting shot at or damaging your car , FxxxEM let the go bye .
+1
Old 03-11-2019, 06:05 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Hmmmm. Not really sure what example of a dashcam being worth "it" is that you are trying to provide? Just looks like the P/U driver was cutting-into your lane instead of slowing as he approached cars ahead... typical of the "me first" mindset of most drivers and hardly anything to get more than a headshake out of most people. Maybe you were dueling with him just prior or something? A cutoff and sudden brake-check would be more damning evidence of hazardous driving. Just sayin.... If you are concerned with capturing evidence of aggressive drivers you really should get a rear-facing cam as well....
Old 03-11-2019, 06:14 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

I have the Blackvue 900-2CH front and rear installed.
This pickup driver was not happy with me passing him in a turn earlier (in my own lane). So he came up at over 90mph and cut across. I did take my foot off the gas as soon as he moved in front of me. If we would have touched then the video would have helped. I let people go and no longer try to prove anything.
I just tell my self - enjoy the Porsche - he is still drivning *******
on the same day had a Gensis G80 behind me - very aggressive old guy with his misses, driving very close. I moved over and he went by doing 70 on 50mph zone.
I don't like saturday driving here in NJ - saturdays is when all the crazies are out
Old 03-11-2019, 06:54 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by orclean1
No argument from me. That would be the adult and prudent thing to do.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:06 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
I have the Blackvue 900-2CH front and rear installed.
This pickup driver was not happy with me passing him in a turn earlier (in my own lane). So he came up at over 90mph and cut across. I did take my foot off the gas as soon as he moved in front of me. If we would have touched then the video would have helped. I let people go and no longer try to prove anything.
I just tell my self - enjoy the Porsche - he is still drivning *******
on the same day had a Gensis G80 behind me - very aggressive old guy with his misses, driving very close. I moved over and he went by doing 70 on 50mph zone.
I don't like saturday driving here in NJ - saturdays is when all the crazies are out
Saturdays do tend to suck for driving in Central NJ. Just too many people these days.

This past Saturday, I took a late afternoon drive west along from 287 to Amwell Rd until I hit 202. Turned north on 202, then north on 31 up to 78W, then looped back this past Saturday. Other than typical Saturday traffic on 287 and 78, it was mostly pleasant enough. There are some fun sections on Amwell Rd and Route 31.

BTW, did you do the install for your Blackvue? If not, who did you use for it?
Old 03-11-2019, 07:37 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by V999
Saturdays do tend to suck for driving in Central NJ. Just too many people these days.

This past Saturday, I took a late afternoon drive west along from 287 to Amwell Rd until I hit 202. Turned north on 202, then north on 31 up to 78W, then looped back this past Saturday. Other than typical Saturday traffic on 287 and 78, it was mostly pleasant enough. There are some fun sections on Amwell Rd and Route 31.

BTW, did you do the install for your Blackvue? If not, who did you use for it?
we need a NJ group going for rides, yeah I did the install my self. I posted helpful info on other threads as well.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:37 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts

There is only one thing bullies understand and that is getting popped in the nose, im with you.

What did he do, other than cutting into your lane a little bit close?

I had a run-in, two weeks ago, with a driver of a large pickup truck. He was riding my rear bumper (about a foot back). I slowed stopped, got out and walked back to discuss it with him. He started to get out, then got right back in as I approached. Turned out he was only a tough guy when his truck was wrapped around him.

He told me, from inside his truck, that he "took out a Porsche" the week before and then proceeded to make a few other negative comments about Porsches. Guy had issues. Flipped me the bird as he drove off.

I guess I have issues too, as I probably should just pull over and let such people go by. Although I wasn't angry; just not willing to be bullied. I'll have to work on that.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:18 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 267 Posts

No argument from me. That would be the adult and prudent thing to do.
Life is too cheap these days but I got a great deal of satisfaction reading your post and secretly applaud (but caution) your action.

My wife got into a battle with a pick up truck heading into San Francisco years ago, with me in the passenger's seat. Both she and the truck wanted to pull over to have "words." There were 3 large men in the truck and when I asked her if she was wanting to see me get my a** kicked, she was puzzled. Thankfully she eventually realized that angry men often express their anger with fists and that I am not Mike Tyson, so we drove on.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:19 AM
titan7
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Many, many “Richards” driving on the roads. Too risky these days make an issue of it, just move on, I pull over and let them pass.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:06 AM
Guards_Red_991
Burning Brakes

Received 548 Likes on 253 Posts

Drive on Baltimore beltway and you will get cut off like that at least 5 times within ten miles... No biggie.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:03 PM
ericmeds
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

+1 on the dashcam necessity - I try never to drive without them after someone changed lanes into my car on the highway and it was almost 50/50 fault. Comes with me on all trips as well.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:14 PM
SH2
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 51 Posts

I have noticed that people in other vehicles love to ride right up my a$$

Quick Reply: Dashcams worth it