Default S - PowerKit vs GTS

Is the only difference looks?
Old 03-09-2019, 10:46 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by good2go
The GTS is the wide body, like the 4 or 4S, but in RWD (also has the slightly smaller frunk of the 4/4S), with slightly wider rear tires (305s). GTS also offered distintive black exterior trim (including the engine cover and trim between the tail lights) and optional alcantara interior. But the engine is the same in a Powerkit S as in the GTS. The GTS also weighs slightly more than the S w/powerkit.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:57 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 375 Posts

Let me know if you want to learn more about this X51 Powerkit car. I also say it's like a leather-stuffed GTS sans Alcantara.
Attached Images    
Old 03-09-2019, 10:57 PM
good2go
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane

The GTS is the wide body, like the 4 or 4S, but in RWD (also has the slightly smaller frunk of the 4/4S), with slightly wider rear tires (305s). GTS also offered distintive black exterior trim (including the engine cover and trim between the tail lights) and optional alcantara interior. But the engine is the same in a Powerkit S as in the GTS. The GTS also weighs slightly more than the S w/powerkit.
I should have said 4S compared to 4GTS.

wider is just looks.

My 4S has 305.

the 4S has a smaller frunk then a 4GTS?

engine is same, gear ratio same, suspension the same?

yes GTS has sport front bumper and is 10 mm lower. I could lower 4S with SPASM. I could put center lock wheels. I could also do the same to GTS, normal PASM. 5 lug, no sport bumper etc.

the reason Im asking is people act like the GTS is so differently it’s just not. It has more HP and aggressive look.

what about base model? Can’t get the HP. Does it have same suspension? I believe the brakes are smaller. What about gear ratio?
Old 03-09-2019, 11:00 PM
good2go
Pro

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Let me know if you want to learn more about this X51 Powerkit car.
I should have stated 991.2 450HP

Old 03-09-2019, 11:01 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

Not quite. A GTS rear fender is 0.7" wider, and the front & rear rims are each 1/2" wider, with the same size tires. That 1/2" wider rim gives a crisper response feel, even if the the ultimate grip is no better.
The base GTS does include a lot of Alcantera, which I'm not find of, except for what's overhead. And I don't like the CenterLok wheels of the GTS.
If you have a well equipped S with X51 PowerKit, Sport Kit or other sufficient performance options such as SPASM, SC and PSE, so that you can use the base X51 PowerKit, and you have Bose, and a few other lesser options, that's it. Those are the differences, and they are not much.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:07 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

I should have said 4S compared to 4GTS.

wider is just looks.

My 4S has 305.

the 4S has a smaller frunk then a 4GTS?

engine is same, gear ratio same, suspension the same?

yes GTS has sport front bumper and is 10 mm lower. I could lower 4S with SPASM. I could put center lock wheels. I could also do the same to GTS, normal PASM. 5 lug, no sport bumper etc.

the reason Im asking is people act like the GTS is so differently it’s just not. It has more HP and aggressive look.

what about base model? Can’t get the HP. Does it have same suspension? I believe the brakes are smaller. What about gear ratio?
4GTS.. Sure you can option your 4S to match the power output and match the ride height/looks... But you just spent more money doing that.... aaand you're eating a harsher depreciation among other things.

Sounds like you bought the wrong car.

A C2 GTS is more unique. As is the Carrera T.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:33 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Originally Posted by PCA1983
Not quite. A GTS rear fender is 0.7" wider, and the front & rear rims are each 1/2" wider, with the same size tires. That 1/2" wider rim gives a crisper response feel, even if the the ultimate grip is no better.
The base GTS does include a lot of Alcantera, which I'm not find of, except for what's overhead. And I don't like the CenterLok wheels of the GTS.
If you have a well equipped S with X51 PowerKit, Sport Kit or other sufficient performance options such as SPASM, SC and PSE, so that you can use the base X51 PowerKit, and you have Bose, and a few other lesser options, that's it. Those are the differences, and they are not much.
Sounds like you do not have a GTS.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:50 PM
good2go
Pro

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Psorcery
4GTS.. Sure you can option your 4S to match the power output and match the ride height/looks... But you just spent more money doing that.... aaand you're eating a harsher depreciation among other things.

Sounds like you bought the wrong car.

A C2 GTS is more unique. As is the Carrera T.
Yeah, my car total sucks. It's hard to drive a MY19 C4S SC, PSE, PDCC, RAS, PCCB, and PowerKit. All the cool kids are driving GTS.

More unique... its an investment. LOL I should have asked you which is the best car to buy.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:58 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Yeah, my car total sucks. It's hard to drive a MY19 C4S SC, PSE, PDCC, RAS, PCCB, and PowerKit. All the cool kids are driving GTS.

More unique... its an investment. LOL I should have asked you which is the best car to buy.
Here we go...

I wish people would just shrug things off more and not take things so personal. IDGAF what 911 somone drives and if someone wants to bash the Targa GTS for being too heavy, etc. so be it...I love it.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:01 AM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Agreed. It also sounds like a fat pig.

Time to trade up to a real 991.

So why did you make this thread again? Need some help reassuring your purchase so you can sleep at night? They sell melatonin sprays.

You paid extra for a lower trim car to match a higher trim car.

Old 03-10-2019, 12:04 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

I have to admit good2go, you had it coming.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:11 AM
good2go
Pro

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Agreed. It also sounds like a fat pig.

Time to trade up to a real 991.

So why did you make this thread again? Need some help reassuring your purchase so you can sleep at night? They sell melatonin sprays.

You paid extra for a lower trim car to match a higher trim car.
Because of fools like you that say the GTS is better car. Just thought maybe it had something different. Nope they are the exact same car. But they fooled you.

Like I said I should have just asked you which is the best Porsche.

Old 03-10-2019, 12:15 AM
good2go
Pro

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I have to admit good2go, you had it coming.
Had what coming? Insults from a kid? He does not ruffle my feathers. Others have confirmed the car is the exact same.

Old 03-10-2019, 12:16 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Had what coming? Insults from a kid? He does not ruffle my feathers. Others have confirmed the car is the exact same.
So why did you originally ask the question?! Again, you had it coming.

Quick Reply: S - PowerKit vs GTS