Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking lol

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 11:44 AM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 386 Likes on 275 Posts

No parking lots if possible for my nice cars too much stupidity out there and inexperience ..... That's what my 2002 ML500 is for the Walmart , grocery store ride of choice.

Between my wife and myself we have 4 nice cars to choose from not including our old ML500 and we spend more time each year in the ML than in any other of our cars because we can take that car anywhere drive it all winter and not give a crap. Because of that ML all my other nice cars are immaculate and they do get driven just not to parking lots and malls and driving the kids in morning mental traffic to school not mentioning the endless spring potholes and sinkholes here in Toronto...Everyone should have a beater !!
Old 02-24-2019, 07:52 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

I had to post it somewhere, this is as good a place as any

still amazes me how bad the quality of the reverse camera
Old 02-25-2019, 12:41 AM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
I had to post it somewhere, this is as good a place as any

still amazes me how bad the quality of the reverse camera
But how do the mirrors work?
Old 02-25-2019, 01:04 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bkrantz
But how do the mirrors work?
same as a KIA
Old 02-25-2019, 09:03 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 430 Likes on 290 Posts

Problem solved. BMW has a new tech feature. Push a button and the car will reverse (without human assistance) up to 150(?) feet backtracking exactly as you had previously driven forward. True...I kid you not.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:53 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by DBH
Problem solved. BMW has a new tech feature. Push a button and the car will reverse (without human assistance) up to 150(?) feet backtracking exactly as you had previously driven forward. True...I kid you not.
So drivers need fewer skills?
Old 02-26-2019, 01:17 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 430 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by bkrantz
So drivers need fewer skills?
Yup. That's the way the mainstream is headed.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:24 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Joke: How do you blind a woman? Put a windshield in front of her face.

ba-dum-pshhh

Old 02-26-2019, 04:37 PM
CaymanSinAR
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by DBH
Their parking tech is excellent. I ordered the auto parallel park feature on my last BMW. One of the places we go is all parallel parking with really high curbs and always a ton of traffic. Was worried I was going to get in a hurry one day and damage a wheel. For about $450 for the feature it seemed like a good idea. It worked exceptionally well. Although one time the only spot I could find remotely close to the restaurant was a wicked fit because the cars in front and behind the spot were both over the line and encroaching on the spot. It's why it was the only spot open. I joked to my wife about the car trying to park there but sure enough as I drove by it indicated it could park there. I stopped, put it in reverse, and let it do its thing. Fit like a frickin' glove. Only problem was it was so darn tight I had to hope either the car in front or behind me was gone when I was ready to leave. Luckily the big truck in front was gone when we finished dinner.

When I swapped out the BMW for the 911 I was terrified I had forgotten how to parallel park. Guess it is like riding a bike though. No problems so far.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:22 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by CaymanSinAR
Their parking tech is excellent. I ordered the auto parallel park feature on my last BMW. One of the places we go is all parallel parking with really high curbs and always a ton of traffic. Was worried I was going to get in a hurry one day and damage a wheel. For about $450 for the feature it seemed like a good idea. It worked exceptionally well. Although one time the only spot I could find remotely close to the restaurant was a wicked fit because the cars in front and behind the spot were both over the line and encroaching on the spot. It's why it was the only spot open. I joked to my wife about the car trying to park there but sure enough as I drove by it indicated it could park there. I stopped, put it in reverse, and let it do its thing. Fit like a frickin' glove. Only problem was it was so darn tight I had to hope either the car in front or behind me was gone when I was ready to leave. Luckily the big truck in front was gone when we finished dinner.

When I swapped out the BMW for the 911 I was terrified I had forgotten how to parallel park. Guess it is like riding a bike though. No problems so far.
Our SUV gets a bunch of rear bumper dings from her ability to park too close to others using the camera. Handy tech to have at times but I often see people parking so close to others it would be difficult to complain when they scrape you trying to leave their spot.
This was one of my favorite to come back to:
Old 02-27-2019, 01:13 PM
CaymanSinAR
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by DBH
160 yards. Yes, YARDS.

At least according to Motor Trend.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:21 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Seen it do a slolem backwards, check out carwow review on youtube of the 8 series

Quick Reply: Parking lol